This is just silly what you are saying! No review can be, because not all agree. No one persons word is law on a review, and that's a good thing. You don't do reviews I guess, so it's easy to make a statement like yours. All reviews are just opinions, come on now. Be serious about what you! are saying.

This is precisely the problem. Reviews are not supposed to be subjective. They are supposed to be objective, otherwise, they are opinion pieces. Maybe you should not call it a review then. Call it, "my opinion on why the Passport is better than an iPhone 6 in every way". It just objectively is not true.

I agree that the Passport is a better device overall, especially for a busy professional who consumes and pumps out a lot of content. That's why I use a Passport as my main device and not an iPhone. Most average consumers would disagree. I also don't agree with how one-sided your "review" is really. As an opinion piece, I have no issue with it except for the obviously wrong parts like the display quality and especially camera. Even opinion pieces need some dose of objectivity.
    02-16-15 07:01 PM
    Try night scene.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    I don't think night scene will help to increase the camera focus speed, the camera really has difficulty to focus under low light situation. I don't want to continue the camera topic here, as there's already a thread for it. So, cheers and have a good a day

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 07:04 PM
    Nice review on this device.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 08:58 PM
    This is just silly what you are saying! No review can be, because not all agree. No one persons word is law on a review, and that's a good thing. You don't do reviews I guess, so it's easy to make a statement like yours. All reviews are just opinions, come on now. Be serious about what you! are saying.
    I am serious. You're confusing opinions with reviews. For instance, this is a review... AnandTech | Samsung SSD 840 EVO Review: 120GB, 250GB, 500GB, 750GB & 1TB Models Tested
    And this is an option...BlackBerry Passport vs iPhone 6 - Opinion - Trusted Reviews

If you can't spot the difference, then I'm not sure what to say to you.
    02-16-15 11:25 PM
    I am serious. You're confusing opinions with reviews. For instance, this is a review... AnandTech | Samsung SSD 840 EVO Review: 120GB, 250GB, 500GB, 750GB & 1TB Models Tested
    And this is an option...BlackBerry Passport vs iPhone 6 - Opinion - Trusted Reviews

If you can't spot the difference, then I'm not sure what to say to you.
    Not gonna comment on you or with you anymore, you are not adding any value...just complaining. And that's okay, you have a right to do so. Have a good one.
    02-16-15 11:27 PM
    Not gonna comment on you or with you anymore, you are not adding any value...just complaining. And that's okay, you have a right to do so. Have a good one.
    I can't not be critical of the so called review when it isn't that. It's an opinion piece. You are entitled to your opinion. Also, objectively speaking, while I did criticize your "review", I did note in my post that the Passport is in many ways a better device than the iPhone. It's just not better in all ways, as your piece would suggest.
    02-17-15 12:12 PM
    I appreciate the review of the Passport. My biggest frustration with these sort of reviews is all the talking and not showing.

For example, you talk about the hub, but never show it. There must be some way of blurring the video or somehow showing real-life interaction with the hub and things like calendar. I looked at an iPhone 5 the other day and couldn't believe how incredibly lame the calendar seemed to be. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place, but that's just one example.

I need someone to give me an iPhone so I can better review some of this stuff because Apple will never get any money from me.
    02-18-15 06:44 AM
    I can't not be critical of the so called review when it isn't that. It's an opinion piece. You are entitled to your opinion. Also, objectively speaking, while I did criticize your "review", I did note in my post that the Passport is in many ways a better device than the iPhone. It's just not better in all ways, as your piece would suggest.
    You seem to hit on all the points. Why not make your own review, post it up on youtube and let us judge it.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:16 AM
    I don't think night scene will help to increase the camera focus speed, the camera really has difficulty to focus under low light situation. I don't want to continue the camera topic here, as there's already a thread for it. So, cheers and have a good a day

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried it, or do you just think it won't work? Night scene is for low light. Auto does not work for all lighting situations. That's why other modes are there. That being said, focus speed on the Passport is an issue no matter what mode there is, but it doesn't mean that you can't take good low light pictures.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:23 AM
    You seem to hit on all the points. Why not make your own review, post it up on youtube and let us judge it.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that "put up or shut up" applies here. By that logic, any criticism is unwelcome, ever, period.

With that said, I did post my own thoughts and observations in this thread. You're welcome to pass judgement here. I never posted a YouTube video, and quite likely never will. I'm just not interested. I'm probably well positioned to do it though considering that I basically end up owning all flagship devices in a year's cycle.
    02-18-15 09:04 AM
    Since when did the blackberry community become so agro towards one another

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    02-18-15 09:07 AM
    Have you tried it, or do you just think it won't work? Night scene is for low light. Auto does not work for all lighting situations. That's why other modes are there. That being said, focus speed on the Passport is an issue no matter what mode there is, but it doesn't mean that you can't take good low light pictures.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I tried it. I know the passport can take decent picture, but my main point was the slow camera focus speed, sometime it won't even focus..so the night scene or whatever mode doesn't help on the camera focus speed.
    02-18-15 10:06 AM
    double posted
    02-18-15 10:07 AM
    Yes I tried it. I know the passport can take decent picture, but my main point was the slow camera focus speed, sometime it won't even focus..so the night scene or whatever mode doesn't help on the camera focus speed.
    I agree there for sure. I've read a post on CB from someone that installs leaks that it's addressed in later OS versions. We'll see.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 10:29 AM
    I agree. It's deplorable how people treat one another in some of these forums. It's a mobile device and a personal preference. To write to others in such ways as I read is disrespectful. The mannerisms and personal attacks unfortunately, seems common irrespective of mobile community. I visit Android Central for info on my tablet and Android news and they do the same there. (like bickering HS kids) I frequent these forums for information and it's unfortunately getting tiresome.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry
    edwinsberry likes this.
    02-18-15 01:19 PM
    WOW!! What a nice review and he really spoke about some of the features that make the phone and what so many other reviewers fail to mention. I also like how he mentioned the "app gap". Overall a really nice review and shows that this phone can be used by anyone, not just an enterprise person.
    02-18-15 02:39 PM
    Every review is biased to some extent just like this review is biased for the Passport. It wasn't someone using an Android phone as their daily driver. Its an admitted BB fanboy doing a review so what kind of review was anyone expecting?

I love how all reviews are biased unless they are pro Blackberry.
    You obviously didn't watch the video.
    04-07-15 12:46 PM
67 123