At the very least they have access to my files and location.
    As any BBWorld apps with matching rights have. But your device and system files are "safe".
    P.S: Unless needed, I disalow backround running. If 'something' happens, it has to be while I'm actually using the app.

Now, for the Blackphone, until they obtain the same level of accreditations than BlackBerry, I'll only consider it as a encrypted communications capable device. Which is - more or less - the case of any device, with associated software. It's just a bundle and AFAIK, you need 2 blackphones (and/or a back-end ?) to gain advantage of this.

With the seemingly endless headlines about data loss and thefts, maintaining your privacy can feel overwhelming. That’s why we created Blackphone to be a secure starting point for your professional and proprietary communications. It combines a fortified Android operating system with a suite of apps designed to keep your enterprise and personal information private.
    edit : Ok, you have a "client suite" for Android and Ios ... (now ask yourself where is the flaw)
    Silent Suite is our core set of applications that enable private, encrypted communication. Our proprietary apps were built by our encryption experts and are pre-installed on every Blackphone. They offer secure calls, video chats, texts, file transfers and contact storage to power private communication with no loss to productivity.
    Available on PrivatOS, iOS and Android
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-19-15 at 09:15 AM.
    05-19-15 09:04 AM
    that thing looks smaller than a Motorola Defy... who needs security when you can barely see the small text on the screen?
    05-19-15 09:20 AM
    At the very least they have access to my files and location. For me that is lack of security, because those are my data and I cannot deny the android apps access to them.
    The fact that I or android apps don't have root access does not make my data secure.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can. App permissions can be set on android apps as well, to disallow things like location and files.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-19-15 09:21 AM
    that thing looks smaller than a Motorola Defy... who needs security when you can barely see the small text on the screen?
    If it has such a small screen, does that make it much better than the Q10 given its size? Just a thought.

Like others in this thread, I knew nothing of this phone or company before this thread.

*shrug*

Just another series of words against BlackBerry to give themselves some ears for pandering to.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    05-19-15 09:37 AM
    Well I heard this kind of theater play all over again. This is kind of remind me of Mobileron keeps saying they take away BlackBerry business as well as customers and look what happen to that company now. When president Obama tweet from his administration iPhone, the media ran out to propagate the news thinking Obama has moved to iPhone and bad news for BlackBerry. Of course, president Obama has to tweet from iPhone because tweeting is no top secret and his BlackBerry phone is for the USA daily operation only. Even if Apple ask BlackBerry to add its security feature into iPhone, it is still not secure as BlackBerry phone itself. If US Army insist on BlackBerry phone only, enough said.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-19-15 10:21 AM
    Hmmm a new and unproven company is going to unseat a much older proven company.

Just what people want when choosing their secure phones, no track record!

They can brag all they want, but you have to EARN your way into the security market.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-19-15 11:59 AM
    Hmmm a new and unproven company is going to unseat a much older proven company.

Just what people want when choosing their secure phones, no track record!

They can brag all they want, but you have to EARN your way into the security market.

Posted via CB10
    Keep in mind that BlackBerry is definitely not ignoring them. BlackBerry seemingly takes the company seriously enough to reference them continually.

I wouldn't discount Silent Circle so readily.
    05-19-15 12:20 PM
    how so? I thought the sandbox was just because we don't have root access... or rather, is it even built into the runtime?
    It's a mistake to think 'sandbox' automatically means 'secure'. The Android runtime is an integral part of BB10 and can access Hub, in addition to other areas of the OS (storage for example) we'd consider important for security.

BlackBerry introduced a virus scan on APK files, presumably with this kind of thing in mind.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-19-15 12:30 PM
    Black what???

RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-19-15 12:37 PM
    BlackBerry Passport vs Blackphone 2-img_20150519_105648_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:57 PM
    That looks like it could be smaller than the Q10.

extisis likes this.
    05-19-15 01:12 PM
    PKB has nothing to do with security. I'm just pointing out the reason I chose BlackBerry has nothing to do with security, and that people running third-party .apk downloads or who install leaks that came from a Windows-only .exe hosted at Mega shouldn't be lecturing anybody about security in the mobile space.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    05-19-15 01:24 PM
    If it has such a small screen, does that make it much better than the Q10 given its size? Just a thought.

Q10 has a pkb, different story.

What makes this android Blackphone "secure" in the first place? Didn't read the article too well.

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    05-19-15 01:30 PM
    An android phone more secure than a Blackberry 10 device? Whatever you say Blackphone

Posted using the amazing BlackBerry Classic.
    05-19-15 01:43 PM
    Keep in mind that BlackBerry is definitely not ignoring them. BlackBerry seemingly takes the company seriously enough to reference them continually.

I wouldn't discount Silent Circle so readily.
    Of course they are taking them seriously, they are a competitor. I was more referring to how their boasting sounds to the general public who has no idea what a Blackphone is.

They sound like they are all boast with no backup. The last time they boasted they got hacked very quickly. They may have patched the hole, but the incident itself will be what sticks out in people's minds moreso than that it was patched. Image is everything when it comes to security, the bragging is going to do nothing but motivate people to expose their shortfalls. It's a dangerous marketing game to play.

Posted via CB10
    morfinpower likes this.
    05-19-15 01:44 PM
    Of course they are taking them seriously, they are a competitor. I was more referring to how their boasting sounds to the general public who has no idea what a Blackphone is.

They sound like they are all boast with no backup. The last time they boasted they got hacked very quickly. They may have patched the hole, but the incident itself will be what sticks out in people's minds moreso than that it was patched. Image is everything when it comes to security, the bragging is going to do nothing but motivate people to expose their shortfalls. It's a dangerous marketing game to play.

Posted via CB10
    I won't disagree.

The root incident was especially negative.
    05-19-15 01:54 PM
    It's a mistake to think 'sandbox' automatically means 'secure'. The Android runtime is an integral part of BB10 and can access Hub, in addition to other areas of the OS (storage for example) we'd consider important for security.

BlackBerry introduced a virus scan on APK files, presumably with this kind of thing in mind.

Posted via CB10
    oh, is that what blackberry guardian is doing? I guess I should re-enable it... thought it was an annoying and useless popup since it didn't ever seem to find anything wrong.
    05-19-15 07:16 PM
    [QUOTE=Superfly_FR;11647435]As any BBWorld apps with matching rights have. But your device and system files are "safe".

I can turn off access permission to my files and location to BB WORLD apps. Not so for android apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 12:26 AM
    I can ... (P.S: "Fichiers Partages" is "Shared Files")

BlackBerry Passport vs Blackphone 2-img_20150520_122552.jpg
    05-20-15 05:28 AM
    The only place I've seen information about the Blackphone is here.

If they're relying on their current marketing plan to get to me then it ain't working.

Also, while I know they are focusing on Security they don't have anything like the Hub so I'm not interested.

Just Sayin'!

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2744
    extisis likes this.
    05-20-15 05:57 AM
    I can ... (P.S: "Fichiers Partages" is "Shared Files")

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150520_122552.jpg 
Views:	1040 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	353650
    I know what it means, but you cannot if the options are in blue, as in your picture above. You can only when they are in gray. Most android apps do not allow you to turn off certain permissions.
    05-21-15 12:10 AM
    I know what it means, but you cannot if the options are in blue, as in your picture above. You can only when they are in gray. Most android apps do not allow you to turn off certain permissions.
    Depending on the app it won't work like it should or at all if you turn things off.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-21-15 12:01 PM
    I'm getting VERY ill the more I read about this company:

They make a phone OS and 2 basic applications for the OS.

https://blog.blackphone.ch/2015/03/0...worldcongress/
    Introducing the world�s first enterprise privacy platform
    ^ SUCH HOG-WASH!

Mr. Chen please stomp a mud-hole into this company's face point-blank and FAST! Everything on their entire website paints a picture stolen catch phrases with no real backing from BlackBerry its maddening! Insulting!

The way we work has evolved. With a growing number of employees now using personal devices to connect to their enterprise networks, traditional approaches to security are no longer enough
    Blackphone 2: A Smartphone So Secure Even Hillary Clinton Might Use It
    Blackphone 2: A Smartphone So Secure Even Hillary Clinton Might Use It

^ ROFLMAO!!! Like SHE has any real credibility for security or using a phone at an executive level. Heck 2yr olds know how email works and yet SHE doesn't! You want her working for your tax dollars?
    FCSC and morfinpower like this.
    05-21-15 09:34 PM
    Depending on the app it won't work like it should or at all if you turn things off.
    Of course, yet I can still turn off the location permission on the BlackBerry map app and the file access permission to the BlackBerry browser if I don't feel comfortable being monitored.
    I can't do that with the photon Browser or with other android apps!
    There is a very simple reason. Google and others piggy-backing on them want to steal my information to make money, instead of selling me a product honestly, in exchange for a dollar sum.
    05-22-15 05:43 AM
    And It's Still Android OS.....

Posted via CB10
    No it is ****droid!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-22-15 06:04 AM
77 1234