My blackberry passport over-heats for no reason, the screen freezes hence i will be forced to restart it and recently most of my pictures get corrupted even few minutes after taking pictures.
    Now i have lost majority of my picture files automatically, these are symptoms of a virus attack...I need advice urgently!!!
    08-09-15 01:13 AM
    It's not a virus, you clearly have something going on though, try reloading your OS.
    illlya likes this.
    08-09-15 01:16 AM
    How do I reload my OS? Will I loose my files?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:32 AM
    First backup all the necessary filed to your PC.
    Then use an autoloader and reload the OS.
    You will have to reconfigure your phone from scratch but you will be able to RE download all your purchased applications from BlackBerry World.
    Do not do a backup/restore because you will probably restore the problem that causes the overheat.

Posted via my STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return
    08-09-15 02:54 AM
    My blackberry passport over-heats for no reason, the screen freezes hence i will be forced to restart it and recently most of my pictures get corrupted even few minutes after taking pictures.
    Now i have lost majority of my picture files automatically, these are symptoms of a virus attack...I need advice urgently!!!
    Sounds like something goin on with an android app. Delete them all and add one by one again.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    gibo713 likes this.
    08-11-15 02:00 PM
    Sounds like something goin on with an android app. Delete them all and add one by one again.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    No it doesn't. It's possible but most likely an OS problem that can be resolved by simply rebooting your phone
    08-11-15 02:10 PM
    ,%

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:16 PM
    ,%

Posted via CB10
    sorry thats not a virus its my daughter playing my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    mmrshll likes this.
    08-11-15 03:19 PM
    Are you using a microSD card? If yes, are you sure it's a reputable card?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:20 PM
    There are no viruses for BlackBerry 10. The only risks you have are that you downloaded a PUA via the Amazon Appstore, but this is unlikely as the APK will have been scanned by the Trend Micro engine during download and execution.

If you have a PUA from the Amazon store, simply delete it. Being sandboxed, it won't have been able to screw up any BlackBerry apps or the OS.

In truth, it sounds like another issue. My passport got so hot last week when I was on holiday that it was too hot to hold. Discovered the issue was that I had taken over 500 pictures that day and it was getting a very weak signal from the WiFi from my hotel room and was backing these up to dropbox!

If you want to double check, connect your BlackBerry to your PC and scan the device (device and memory card) from there using something like Kaspersky or Webroot - just select the folder and right click to bring up a context menu scan.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    This. I even had a reputable one that was bad out of the box.

Posted via P'CB10
    08-11-15 09:05 PM
    If reloading the official OS version doesn't solve your problem, you may contact this group:

The Spiritual Association of Great Britain
    11 Belgrave Road
    London SW1V 1RB
    Telephone: 020 7931 6488
    Fax: 020 7931 6489
    Email: [email protected]

...and good luck...

Posted via CB10
    zombiecupcake, sesp9 and j21jam6 like this.
    08-11-15 11:45 PM
    If reloading the official OS version doesn't solve your problem, you may contact this group:

The Spiritual Association of Great Britain
    11 Belgrave Road
    London SW1V 1RB
    Telephone: 020 7931 6488
    Fax: 020 7931 6489
    Email: [email protected]

...and good luck...

Posted via CB10
    Lol are.... are you suggesting he get his phone exorcised?

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    rolojr1 and sesp9 like this.
    08-12-15 08:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have this problem with mine. Corrupted pictures on my Q5, moved the card, corrupted pictures on my Passport.

Been meaning to buy a new card for a few months now. Still haven't.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:09 AM
    Turn off android app notifications one by one

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:14 AM
    That phone needs to be put down immediately. You're dealing with a very severe virus that's extremely contagious to other non-BlackBerry devices through over the air WiFi.
    Daanisawesome likes this.
    08-12-15 10:05 AM
    It's a Virus I tell you.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 04:51 PM
    You guys got it all wrong, it's a phone bacteria.

However, DO NOT rub penicillin in your micro USB port!
    08-12-15 05:03 PM
    How do I reload my OS? Will I loose my files?

Posted via CB10
    You said you already lost your files, so I don't get how it would be a problem to reload the OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:29 PM
    I know this was a few days ago, but you can do a full or custom backup with BlackBerry Link. I really wouldn't recommend this as you'd likely restore the problem you are having.

There are many other ways to save your files. You can drag and drop them into a folder on your desktop then drag pictures, etc. back into the phone after reloading the OS. I think that is the simplest way to do it. Just name a folder on your desktop for pictures and connect via USB and just drag and drop your pictures into the folder. This goes for videos, documents, etc.

After that, just use BlackBerry Link to reload the OS. There is an option to "reload software" if you are having problems. Do this then just re-add your pictures and whatnot by dragging them into the correct folders. I wouldn't restore anything from a backup.

As mentioned, your BlackBerry apps will be in BlackBerry World after you login with your BBID after reloading the OS. As for Android apps, I'm not sure what you have running but it is possible one could cause issues so I'd be cautious with adding them. See if the restore resolves your issues first.

If you jump right to a restore without saving your data one way or another you will lose everything. I'm just throwing out there what I would do if my software was acting wonky.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 10:06 PM
    You guys got it all wrong, it's a phone bacteria.

However, DO NOT rub penicillin in your micro USB port!
    If it's bacteria it won't spread to silver edition.
    Silver is disinfectant by itself.

Posted via my STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return
    08-26-15 06:09 AM
    OMFG, there is no such 'virus' for BlackBerry 10. The only virus BlackBerry can get is the fleshy, two legged variety.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 09:24 PM
    It is time to call in the experts...

Blackberry Passport Virus Attack, can I get some help?-ghost_hunters_by_pungang.jpg
    08-27-15 09:58 PM