There are a few of us who companion about the Priv not because of the OS. I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't use this phone if it were BB10. On top of that I am a huge fan of the slider, have been wanting one since I switched from 9810 to Z10.

If the keyboard on the Priv were a plain keyboard like a 9900, same size same shape, with the ability to turn off all the crap that makes it to where you may as well be typing on a virtual, I'd get this phone despite all the other problems with it. Because there is hope for software fixes on some of it.

Right now the only way I'll ever see a slider is if there is if BlackBerry redesigns this phones with a good keyboard or maybe another Android company redesigns the Sidekick or something.

In the meantime I'm watching the prices fall on the Sony Z5 and plan on retiring my Z30 for a Z5. See what 2018 brings for BlackBerry. Hopefully they design a physical keyboard like the ones from 2009.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    01-10-16 12:23 PM
    There are a few of us who companion about the Priv not because of the OS. I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't use this phone if it were BB10. On top of that I am a huge fan of the slider, have been wanting one since I switched from 9810 to Z10.

If the keyboard on the Priv were a plain keyboard like a 9900, same size same shape, with the ability to turn off all the crap that makes it to where you may as well be typing on a virtual, I'd get this phone despite all the other problems with it. Because there is hope for software fixes on some of it.

Right now the only way I'll ever see a slider is if there is if BlackBerry redesigns this phones with a good keyboard or maybe another Android company redesigns the Sidekick or something.

In the meantime I'm watching the prices fall on the Sony Z5 and plan on retiring my Z30 for a Z5. See what 2018 brings for BlackBerry. Hopefully they design a physical keyboard like the ones from 2009.

So you're saying that you love the tiny cramped, wobbly, always needing a restart 9810 yet.. the Priv which is bigger, better keyboard, better phone, better OS and you can turn off swipe gestures and word suggestions which you claim you don't like but yet.. you won't get it even if it was bb10?

Sorry but sounds like straight hater BS looking for illogical and non existent reasons to not get the phone.

Feel free to tell us the truth when you feel like it. Not like we really care tho so no rush.
    01-15-16 02:13 AM
    BlackBerry is really shortsighted on the passport. For me they should simply make an android version available for it. I need work wide. I need more programs. I am sure many enterprise users are in this position. Best would be a passport slider of the same size as the current passport. Then you have a wide but also rectangular screen. Heavy is OK. It's not a toy.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 03:31 AM
    So you're saying that you love the tiny cramped, wobbly, always needing a restart 9810 yet.. the Priv which is bigger, better keyboard, better phone, better OS and you can turn off swipe gestures and word suggestions which you claim you don't like but yet.. you won't get it even if it was bb10?

Sorry but sounds like straight hater BS looking for illogical and non existent reasons to not get the phone.

Feel free to tell us the truth when you feel like it. Not like we really care tho so no rush.
    Not that you care. But I wanted to love the Priv. And I like the look of it. The keyboard for me is cramped and unusable.

My experience with the 9810 is quite different than yours obviously. Mine is built like a tank and could still be used today over 5 years later.

Nowhere did I say I prefer BBOS over BB10 or Android. I'm switching to Android so in no way am I a hater.

You seem pretty hostile yourself. Don't assume **** about people. I've wanted a slider for years. The Priv has so many quality problems, yet I'd still get it if the keyboard were decent.

01-15-16 07:35 AM
    Personal preference I'm sticking with the SE as long as I can...if I wanted to use Android I wouldn't buy the Priv just because it says Blackberry on it.... the Android space is flooded with handsets that are superior to Priv IMHO

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 08:16 AM
    BlackBerry is really shortsighted on the passport. For me they should simply make an android version available for it. I need work wide. I need more programs. I am sure many enterprise users are in this position. Best would be a passport slider of the same size as the current passport. Then you have a wide but also rectangular screen. Heavy is OK. It's not a toy.

Posted via CB10
    ... I would buy that! That might bring it closer to an 16:9 ratio. That work wide would awesome. I'm waiting for the PP SE price to come down.

Z30STA100-5/OS Ver10.3.2.2876/ SR 10.3.2.2836
    BerrySoul likes this.
    01-30-16 10:34 PM
    With my experiences with many phones and platforms, I use both the PP and the Priv, switching them between the main phone and secondary phone. Here are my thoughts based on my usage and preference.

When I first got the PP, I had to get used to the os as well as the gestures, and to me, that took a short time to get used to as the BlackBerry OS is very natural and intuitive. One thing I noticed right away was the smoothness of the os compared with android.

Then when I got my hands on the Priv, I was astonished by its design and sleekness. Rarely I find an android phone being so attractive and simply wanted to keep my hands on, however for someone who already has extensive experiences with all the major, I find that the smoothness of android is good but not close to that of BlackBerry OS.

Some say that because of the app gap that people chose to jump ship from BlackBerry OS to android, but for my use, I can find already almost anything I need from the web version. Therefore, after two months, I decided to use the PP as my main phone again, while keeping the Priv for media video consumption.

So here's my concluding thoughts: both are great phones, it really depends on your usage and preference. But one thing for sure, BlackBerry does make phones with good quality, I think I will stick with them for a while.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman, BerrySoul and Chris Chin like this.
    01-31-16 02:26 AM
    Totally agree. I like the feel and look of the Priv, absolutely gorgeous phone. The Passport is great too, but I am getting used to that design, while the Priv is still new. At the end of the day, both are great devices and offer different things. I like them both and use them too, depending on my needs.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    02-01-16 10:29 AM
    NO

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 04:36 PM
    It all depends on you! I switched to the priv from the se and back to my og pp!!! I'm looking forward to the vienna! Wrapping up the priv and giving it to my daughter for her bday! Last year I gave her a white pp this year a Priv

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 10:03 PM
    I love my BlackBerry Passport! I will never return from working wide.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    02-02-16 01:04 AM
    Never! Passport is way better device in all aspects.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 04:19 AM
    I'm using the Passport mainly for its wider keyboard.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    03-08-16 10:14 PM
    What are you loco? Have you not read about all the glitches and ****ty build quality people are complaining about. Keep your Z30.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-08-16 10:56 PM
    I love my BlackBerry Passport! Going to keep it as long as I can.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul and Killjoyhere like this.
    03-08-16 10:58 PM
    Crapdroid Priv never!

  
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-09-16 01:12 AM
    When I first saw the Priv and held it in ny hands I was impressed by the screen. Also the hardware itself fels premium and solid. But the same applies to a S7, HTC One or Sony's X-Series of devices. Android is not bad but I prefer BB10 and iOS as second. My point of view is that the Priv is way overpriced! My advice in case of contract extension is choose an iPhone 6s or 6s+ with 64GB instead of the Priv, sell it for a good price, buy a Passport and enjoy the few hundred bucks you got from selling the iPhone. If you want tu purchase outright, save a lot of money and choose the Passport. It is good for 2 years of use regardless what happens to BB10.

BlackBerry OS10 � It ain't over until it's over! White Passport...
    03-09-16 03:18 AM
    What are the pros of PP SE to the Iphone 6s? How it helps in work?
    I switched from ip6+ to OG Passport. If you are a multimedia guy in terms of music, display and games then go for ios. But in terms of productivity and a slight multimedia functionalities, go for the Passport.

I am enjoying all the good stuff for switching back to BlackBerry. Application glitches but I can live with that.
    03-09-16 05:44 AM
    You should wait till mid 2017 before getting a new Blackberry phone because a year and some months after the release of passport they stopped the support for passport bb10 in general so with all the rumors going on tat Blackberry will end it's hardware devision completely I believe you shouldn't go with blackberry use your passport for 1 year more I'm doing the same making do with my passport It's a great phone it can run for another year without a doubt and then next year if blackberry keep supporting priv and it's updates like it is now then you it would be safe to buy another blackberry device
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-09-16 05:50 AM
    I don't think you can call the Priv a failure and bash its keyboard like that until you've used one extensively. No, it doesn't feel as good as the Passport's, but it's not a bad physical keyboard.

After just a few days with my Priv, I was typing just as quickly and just as accurately as I do on my Passport. If anything, I'm faster on smaller keys that are closer together. And let's not forgot that older BlackBerry phones had even smaller keyboards, and nobody complained about those.

The Priv seems to be getting a lot of stick from long-time BlackBerry fans who have never used it just because it runs Android. And while it's far from perfect, a lot of the criticism is simply undeserved.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for a more balanced response. I've been reconsidering my view on the Priv. For the longest time I've been jonesing for a PP SE but I'm finding myself wanting more of the convenience of certain Apps with there enhanced features because they tap into Google Play. I have to admit, the Priv offers the best, so far, of both world. It is an over priced device and BlackBerry should have marketed it and priced it better. I will always tell people that the BlackBerry OS10 is the best mobile OS out there but the market is following the App craze and I see why, that is,the convience.

Just to give an idea of what sort Apps I'm looking for:
    Fitbit full capabilities;
    Skype with video conferencing;
    Sony's Play Memories; and,
    My bank apparently has a much better app for Android than for BlackBerry, for example being able to pay for items using my phone.

This just to name a few. As you can see, social media is really not my thing nor is playing games. The BlackBerry social media Apps and games are pretty good. Face 10 is amazing. The games I run keep me entertained while I wait in the doctor's office.

Now, some will say use Snap but with the Android Runtime constantly crashing the Apps it's become bothersome.

I've read some other decent comments. I'd to hear balanced feedback regarding Priv not Android haters.

At the end of the day I need one device, not multiple, and I think the Priv might do it for now. I did say might. Jury is still out.

Z30STA100-5/OS Ver10.3.2.2876/ SR 10.3.2.2836
    03-09-16 08:48 PM
    If you like a physical keyboard then skip the Priv. The keyboard sucks.

If you can get by without the physical keyboard there are better Android options (better quality for same or much lower price) available.

Either way I can't see Priv being a good option unless you by into the security thing and have confidence that BlackBerry will be around to update the security patches for a couple years.

If the Priv had a keyboard that was big enough to type on (without relying on the auto correct stuff that turn the kb into another virtual keyboard) I'd have overlooked the other shortcomings and gotten it because I've wanted a slider since the 9810. Don't know what BlackBerry was thinking with that keyboard.

On the security front I heard you cannot amend app permissions. BlackBerry will just tell you how many times your phone get pings but by that time your personal information has already been updated to the app.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 11:18 PM
    You're so right.

Basically the problem with most of these anti Priv people is they're upset and feel betrayed by BlackBerry. That pain they feel coupled with their disdain for android which they've been bashing for years is so unbearable they'll do anything to Diss the Priv and try to convince others not to buy it.

It's actually hilarious to watch. It must even be more painful being that John Chen just confirmed today that no new BlackBerry 10 phones in 2016. To add insult to injury he feels BlackBerry is close to making a profit thanks to sales of the Priv.

I feel their pain but as a former passport user and now a Priv user.. I side with John Chen and the Priv.

Long live BlackBerry. Long live Android.
    I'll let the numbers speak for themselves.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 11:33 PM
97 ... 234