Same with me--for now, anyway!
    Enjoy it while it lasts!!
    01-05-16 10:27 AM
    Nope, don't switch

on the road with my BlackBerry
    01-05-16 10:35 AM
    Don't do it!

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    01-05-16 10:37 AM
    So should I buy Passport SE for all my needs?
    01-05-16 10:39 AM
    Has anyone contemplated making this switch? The hub is IMO the most desirable transparent operating feature of the Passport. Solid build quality and battery life are other important aspects.

It is frustrating to be unable to pair my Passport SE with android devices, such as a Suunto Ambit3. I like wide but it has its drawbacks with video.

I don't want to abandon BlackBerry and have used their devices since the first smartphones. The better camera on the Priv is entriguing.

Is anyone else, Passport users, thinking of this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes - no need to explain.

Mia San Mia!
    01-05-16 12:17 PM
    The Passport SE has the best keyboard by FAR. If the keyboard and accurate professional-looking typing are important, then there is no question about which device is best.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. The Passport keyboard is damn good but pound for pound, the Classic is hands down the best keyboard ever on any device. Of course that is my opinion, but if you read enough of the Classic vs Passport threads many people share that opinion.

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    01-05-16 12:52 PM
    The decision to switch is entirely up to you and depends on whether your Passport satisfies your needs and the moment.

I have recently switched to the Priv after using the Z10, Z30 and then the Passport. My decision to ditch my Passport (which I loved) came about because of my increasing frustrations with workarounds to get the Google apps I wanted, working properly.

My experience with the Priv so far has been fantastic; there is a learning curve if you are new to Android but within a few days I was up and running and will now find it hard to go back to BB10 with the unreliable Android runtime

A few observations:
    I have not had an issue with the device running hot
    The rear camera is excellent; smacked down a friend's iPhone 6 in a side by side photo test in low light!
    The keyboard is understandably not as nice as the Passport but I had become very proficient with the BB10 virtual keyboard on the Z30 so I use the virtual keyboard primarily, with great efficiency. My primary use of the keyboard is as a trackpad.
    The cloud integration (Dropbox, Box) is instantaneous on the Priv ( something that really bothered me with BB10)
    All of the apps I need are available, regularly updated and fully integrated with other apps on the phone
    The battery lasts me a full day with heavy use, similar to my Passport
    I now have real map integration with my apps (BB Maps is not available in my market)

I will finish by saying that you need to do your research and make decisions based on your current use and your own analysis of the pros and cons of switching.
    01-05-16 02:26 PM
    A lot has been covered already.

In my experience. In a nutshell the Priv has improved in time. But to some it up.

BlackBerry Priv = watch this space.

I think with updates the priv will go from strength to strength.

In my short time with it ( 3 weeks) it has gone from a joke to decent. It was seriously laggy, overheating at every opportunity, jumbled software , SHOCKING battery to a couple of updates in, once settled the battery is better slightly more consistent, Software much improved, doesn't heat up (to drop it like it's hot heat) as much. Camera much improved.
    Hub functionality getting there slowly but keep integrating more please.

All this has made the Priv usable to a decent level. However still room for improvement but considering the journey so far...

Watch this space!!! And persevere cause it will improve and we will see BlackBerry go through what I call the DHP (**** head phase) with android OS but once they nail it. Superb. BB10 still for me the best OS for productivity bar none. It too went through DHP early on and 10.1.... on the Z10 now that was pure OS pain! But an interesting future lies ahead with this device and blackberry Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 03:07 PM
    I disagree. The Passport keyboard is damn good but pound for pound, the Classic is hands down the best keyboard ever on any device. Of course that is my opinion, but if you read enough of the Classic vs Passport threads many people share that opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you, that it is your opinion. :P

Sure, many people agree. Many people would also say that the Passport has the best keyboard. And, you know what, there's a chance with more time given it, many people will also say that the Priv offers their favorite typing experience. I wouldn't be surprised if I fall into the later category.

I'm not bashing either. I have the Classic and the Passport and they are both great for different reasons. One thing I miss on the Classic is being able to swipe to delete an entire word, for instance. The Priv, in this one way and others, seems to combine the two keyboard experiences so I can't see how it won't be great, even if it is smaller.
    01-05-16 03:07 PM
    So I'm here typing on the Priv keyboard now and it's just as good as any keyboard once you get used to it.

Never forget how people moaned about the Passport keyboard when it was first released. They moaned about it being only 3 rows, moaned about the size, moaned about double typing etc etc.. But they got used to it and now it's fantastic.. In their current opinion.

Trust me.. The same applies to the Priv. It's got everything the Passport keyboard had + it's now 4 rows and the same size like the old curve models which we all loved but yet they complain. Bigger than the old slider torch models.

Trust me dude.. It's fine.
    crackhd999 likes this.
    01-05-16 03:47 PM
    I agree with everything naijab0y just said. The Priv keyboard is fine once you get used to it... If you ever used a BB Bold era phone, the keyboard is bit bigger so it's revisionist history to say it is unusable. I remember A LOT of people using those phones back in the day. I also remember everybody whining about the 3 rows on the PP. This site is full of whiners... That said, you have to see if it works for you. That's all that matters.
    01-05-16 04:03 PM
    These have all been great comments. My Passport SE like the OG virtually replaced my tablet except for a few apps. I must say the feel of the blackberry devices always seem more...substantial...than the competitors.

I'm going to hang in with the SE until the Priv is optimised, as I want to stay with a great BlackBerry keyboard, and love the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 09:05 PM
    Yes. You should. Then you would have both

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-05-16 09:32 PM
    Has anyone contemplated making this switch? The hub is IMO the most desirable transparent operating feature of the Passport. Solid build quality and battery life are other important aspects.

It is frustrating to be unable to pair my Passport SE with android devices, such as a Suunto Ambit3. I like wide but it has its drawbacks with video.

I don't want to abandon BlackBerry and have used their devices since the first smartphones. The better camera on the Priv is entriguing.

Is anyone else, Passport users, thinking of this?

Posted via CB10
    I am a Blackberry user since 2008 . Have used all the devices including the latest Passport SE . I bought the Priv yesterday because it is a Blackberry device . Built quality is immaculate . Typing experience on the Passport remains unparalleled . It is only few hours I have spent with the Priv but must say so far so good . Android i am using for the first time so enjoying it . Passport shall always remain my first device .
    01-06-16 12:29 AM
    I've played with a demo Priv at CPW, its decent enough

but its not a �550 sim free phone, the other 808 powered 3GB ram androids are �280 to �350 new.

They need to drop it to �350 - �400 very quickly
    01-06-16 12:49 AM
    I completely agree. 350-400 GBP is about right.

Luckily I got mine 440 perfect condition from someone who purchased it from BlackBerry but simply didn't like it.

01-06-16 01:03 AM
    Whether you should switch from Passport to Priv?
    Honestly, I just can't understand how in the face of such a beautiful, rich and beneficial device as the BlackBerry Passport (Silver Edition) is, anyone can ask such a question? Of course, not. Stay with your Passport, stay happy!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 12:07 PM
    Luckily there's not a single app that I need that won't work on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Horray!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-06-16 12:27 PM
    Passport all the way.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-06-16 12:28 PM
    O have both the Passport SE and Priv besides an iPhone 6. Passport SE is my main working device. iPhone is the "app gap" killer....

Priv is just to support BlackBerry and test how it is doing with Android so far!!

Passport all the way, for sure!

Cheers!

Trunkton and 7onZ like this.
    01-06-16 10:55 PM
    No. Stick with BB10. Use a tablet for app gap. Much better solution and value.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    01-07-16 09:52 AM
    Dear Friends, does the browser in BB10 PP competitive with Chrome or Safari? Thanks
    01-07-16 10:29 AM
    Dear Friends, does the browser in BB10 PP competitive with Chrome or Safari? Thanks
    It is indeed competitive. Chrome on an android device has an advantage over BB10 browser in pretty much every respect, but the BB10 browser is no slouch. The BB10 browser in most respects is probably superior to Safari. (I'm probably going to get flack from that last one!). Anyway all 3 are good browsers as far as speed. BB10 browser lacks some of the other features of other browsers such as universal bookmark ability etc.
    01-07-16 10:37 AM
    Most likely I am going to keep my Passport until the Priv 2 and then decide what to do... I will hold on to the Passport at least another year as it serves me well.

 Passport SE 
    01-07-16 11:16 AM
    I've had the SE Passport went back to the OG Passport. I got a PRIV when it came out, never been a Droid fan but support BlackBerry! I ended up returning the PRIV and went back the my Passport.

The PRIV just didn't have the solid quality feel as the Passport for the price. However I did enjoy the PRIV great phone has a few quality issues. I am now missing the PRIV that I don't have it any more?
    The main thing for me was there's no comparison to the keyboards on the two devices. If you haven't used the Passport keyboard before then I don't think it'll be as much of a change for those.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 11:55 AM
97 1234