Just thought I'd share my findings and user experience with the OG BlackBerry Passport.

I acquired a black Passport about 3 months ago - the device itself having been used by the previous owner since launch in September 2014.

I replaced the battery with a fresh one, and here's my use case:

1. Reading documents (PDF, Microsoft Office).
    2. Making notes (BlackBerry Remember, Android Microsoft OneNote).
    3. Reading ebooks (Android FBReader).
    4. Instant messaging (BBM, Whatsapp).
    5. MP3 playback (approx. an hour).
    6. Web-browsing (approx. 30mins).
    7. Calls (approx. 20 - 30 mins).

Due to restrictions at my workplace, no work emails are allowed on mobile devices, so I don't use the Passport for heavy emails.

My typical workday starts with the battery leaving the charger at 6am, and I'm out and about until evening.

I set the Passport on 3G/2G GSM mode, with data on, and I'm usually on a train + bus commute to work, which typically takes about 75mins. My music player is usually running during these commutes, coupled with some web-browsing and instant messaging.

Battery Life
    Outstanding battery life - by 12pm, I'm still left with 75%. In comparison, with the same use case, my other LG V10 would have about 40% left by 12pm. My older Nokia Lumia 1020, would be left with 35%, in comparison.

Screen
    No complaints here. Text in PDF and Word documents are rendered very sharply, and reading, with the Passport tilted 90 degrees, becomes a breeze. I usually set the Display brightness to minimum, unless I'm in a very bright environment. The use of the capacitive keyboard, to scroll through long documents, is unparalleled in terms of ease of use and convenience.

Physical Keyboard*
    My last BlackBerry device was the Q10, which had a fantastic full keyboard. With the Passport, it took me a while to get used to the 3 row keyboard, and although I still miss the convenience of the full keyboard on the Q10, I've now gotten used to the Passport's capactive keyboard. The keys are a little stiff, and still take some time to churn out text, as compared to a VKB, but nothing beats the feel of a real PKB, in my opinion.*

I hope to be able to use this Passport for many more years, and have no regrets sticking to BlackBerry, in a world of iOS and Android devices.‎

What are your experiences like with the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 04:29 AM
    Good to know that this two year old phone is serving you well.
    09-13-16 07:46 AM
    Good for you.. Been using my black OG for 1 year and 9 months now, and of course I'm gonna say it's still a beast.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 09:41 AM
    Just thought I'd share my findings and user experience with the OG BlackBerry Passport.

What are your experiences like with the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Very similar, never tried the original but the silver edition's keyboard is not stiff. Recently had a power outage in the evening, I just started reading a book on the passport, in comfort.
    09-13-16 11:52 AM