Shut up you tit, pp rules stick with ya iphone

Posted via BBPP
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    06-21-15 04:33 PM
    Which Amazon are you referring to? eg USA, Canada, UK, Australia? I've never come across this restocking fee in UK or Australia

Please see here for restocking fees from Amazon website:
    Amazon.com Help: Restocking Fees
    Thanks for that, I'm assuming it's Amazon USA then (as it's a dot com address)
    06-21-15 07:28 PM
    BlackBerry did not create the unlocked version as a prototype for AT&T to gain sales?
    Are you really thinking that? It certainly took some things that worked and enhanced it.
    The PP unlocked was a world wide release!!

As for the screen lifting...never happened to anyone I know with a PP.

An anomaly in the manufacturing process, perhaps.

I always thought the AT&T Passport was a better built after the prototype "factory unlocked" passport, but it looks like even AT&T version is having screen lifting issues. That's really too bad.
    06-21-15 09:17 PM
    My passport is built like a tank. It's taken falls and hits that would render most other phones completely unusable. Really sucks to hear other people aren't experiencing the same thing.

Sent from my Passport
    06-22-15 09:51 AM
    My passport is built like a tank. It's taken falls and hits that would render most other phones completely unusable. Really sucks to hear other people aren't experiencing the same thing.

Sent from my Passport
    No Passport is safe from frame bending/twisting. It is inherent to the design of the OG Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 10:11 AM
    I love this device to pieces. I do. But it's become glaringly clear that BlackBerry has some issues at the manufacturing and QC levels. If they're going to survive, they need to address them.

I purchased a brand new AT&T Passport, within 2 months it began double typing. Purchased a brand new Original Passport, arrived with scuff on the metal frame and looked use. Received another new Passport today that has a massive grease looking stain on the back, which I just read is a common stain issue.

I haven't had a Passport long enough to have screen lift, or bend, or one of the other maladies.

I'll also say that I have owned so many smartphones. Only had to warranty a device 1 time (Nexus 5 display panel went funky). Other than that, I've never returned a phone or had a defective one, cosmetic or otherwise. Most devices I buy used as well.

For as great as the Passport is, 100% of the ones I've owned had issues, surfacing immediately or within 60 days. It's getting quite old.

For $550, I shouldn't have to live with an oil stain on the back of my device, but I'm getting so ridiculously fed up with returning and buying new ones, I might just live with it.

I've never experienced this level of defect with any other electronics, ever.

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    06-24-15 02:35 AM
    I too have great appreciation for the passport which has had a few foibles...6mo in with my unlocked fone purchased from BlackBerry (disgraceful digitalriver), I am waiting for doubletype & screenlift. If that comes, this will be my first & last BlackBerry. The hardware is very good. The bbOS is not anything. BBM is confining & of no use. Without android runtime, it's a dead issue. My opinion.

I love this device to pieces. I do. But it's become glaringly clear that BlackBerry has some issues at the manufacturing and QC levels. If they're going to survive, they need to address them.

I purchased a brand new AT&T Passport, within 2 months it began double typing. Purchased a brand new Original Passport, arrived with scuff on the metal frame and looked use. Received another new Passport today that has a massive grease looking stain on the back, which I just read is a common stain issue.

I haven't had a Passport long enough to have screen lift, or bend, or one of the other maladies.

I'll also say that I have owned so many smartphones. Only had to warranty a device 1 time (Nexus 5 display panel went funky). Other than that, I've never returned a phone or had a defective one, cosmetic or otherwise. Most devices I buy used as well.

For as great as the Passport is, 100% of the ones I've owned had issues, surfacing immediately or within 60 days. It's getting quite old.

For $550, I shouldn't have to live with an oil stain on the back of my device, but I'm getting so ridiculously fed up with returning and buying new ones, I might just live with it.

06-24-15 07:00 AM
    Returned mine...

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 07:30 AM
    Would you elaborate?

Returned mine...

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 07:35 AM
    Well you can thank Chen for people stuffing the Passport into those pockets. He guaranteed that it wouldn't bend.
    Yes, he did. He stood there and arrogantly made the claim during his pathetic Passport launch speech.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 07:45 AM

I understand your frustration, but for people who've owned BBOS devices in the past the QC issues are nothing new. From crooked trackpads to light bleed to keys falling off BB has always had issues with manufacturing. The larger they got the worse the quality of the build of their phones has been.
    06-24-15 07:59 AM
    Please see here for restocking fees from Amazon website:
    Amazon.com Help: Restocking Fees
    Amazon does not charge a restocking fee. That is for third party vendors, giving them the option to charge a restocking fee. Amazon.com gives you a full refund within the 30-day window and they let you return beyond that window for a pro-rated amount.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-24-15 10:43 AM
    What drives me crazy are the posters in these forums who comment with the advice to try a phone for 14 days and then send it back if they don't like it. This causes problems for the vendor and of course BlackBerry who gets stuck with thousands of phones that nobody wants because they are now refurbed. Try buy a car and return it after 14 days because you don't like it and see what the dealer is gonna do!

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2204
    Yes, because buying a car and buying a phone are the exact same thing. More and more companies, like Amazon or Walmart, have no-hassle returns. They want you to remain a customer and don't mind taking a short hit, especially because they can just resell it as a Warehouse Deal. The effect on Blackberry is negligible. There are several phone companies promoting offers to try a phone out for a few weeks with no-questions-asked returns.

People are much more likely to buy something if they know they can return it, so the seller ends up making more money in the long run. It's the vendors that don't have these no-hassle returns that end up paying for it.
    06-24-15 11:01 AM
    No Passport is safe from frame bending/twisting. It is inherent to the design of the OG Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I know, I just don't see how any phone can get twisted in a "cork-screw" way during normal use. I understand being bent like an iPhone (not to say I think that would happen either) since it gets put in pockets all the time. I've never had my screen lift either.

Sent from my Passport
    06-24-15 11:23 PM
    Yes, because buying a car and buying a phone are the exact same thing. More and more companies, like Amazon or Walmart, have no-hassle returns. They want you to remain a customer and don't mind taking a short hit, especially because they can just resell it as a Warehouse Deal. The effect on Blackberry is negligible. There are several phone companies promoting offers to try a phone out for a few weeks with no-questions-asked returns.

People are much more likely to buy something if they know they can return it, so the seller ends up making more money in the long run. It's the vendors that don't have these no-hassle returns that end up paying for it.
    Deflection of the root cause is a Republican thing... lol

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2204
    07-11-15 07:45 PM
    There's only a 50% chance.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 12:09 AM
    AT&T Passport here. Had it since March. My experience so far. (the word 'experience' double typed the letter 'n' but auto correct fixed it lol)

1. Double Typing (this comes and go)

2. Heating Up (while editing photos plugged into my comp, the photo froze which 'corrupted' my SD card. This caused the upper right to burn ridiculously hot to a point I feared damage to the SD and micro-sim. I evenn (double typing again) thought about putting the phone into the fridge to offset some of the heat. I took out the card, and placed the phone into Battery Saving mode and luckily thiss cooled down the phone. Heats when charging w/ the Playbook adapter but this is understandable as there is a tremendous amount of charge going into the phone.

3. Screen Lifting: no issues here, 'glass' screen protector on

4. Build Quality: dropped it once on pavement within a month and got scratches on the bezel and back corners of the soft-touch cover.

Hoping to see unlocked Passports on sale during Amazon Prime day... but fear the phones are all of the returned/refurbed ones.
    07-14-15 01:24 AM
    Same here, never had a defective phone. Knock wood

Posted via CB10
    Mine is same here, so we should setup a lucky club to see how many could join in.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 01:31 AM
    I'm probably coming up on my first month with a brand new Unlocked Passport. When the device is working, it's just pure love. Every day I make some thought along the lines of, "Man, I really like this smartphone."

But when the issues crop up, it's like you forget about all the good times because of a glaring eyesore. BlackBerry just needs to build these better, because they are amazing when they work well.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-14-15 03:06 AM
    Super strong agreement !!

I'm probably coming up on my first month with a brand new Unlocked Passport. When the device is working, it's just pure love. Every day I make some thought along the lines of, "Man, I really like this smartphone."

But when the issues crop up, it's like you forget about all the good times because of a glaring eyesore. BlackBerry just needs to build these better, because they are amazing when they work well.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-14-15 03:10 AM
    Seems stock is back to normal. Will be ordering at the weekend!

LeapSTR100-1/10.3.2....
    07-27-15 08:59 AM
    Someone close thread please

LeapSTR100-1/10.3.2....
    07-27-15 09:00 AM
    The return returns returns bin filled up... yeah !
    07-27-15 09:03 AM
    Just bought a passport, but sent it back to Digital River a few days later .. Physical space bar hard to press Just as well.. When I kicked off a security wipe, it was still running the next day, and there was barely any data. So sounds like there were more hardware issues than I thought.. Once I get my refund, I'll order again and hope for the best!
    07-27-15 12:15 PM
    Hey buddy, stop writing two "n" to make your point hahaha

You have a poinnt, but I've been buying used devices for years annd years and have never had an issue. Bought this Passport new and withinn 2 months in began double typinng. Coupled with the massive amount of hardware defects menntionned on CrackBerry, and I believe this phone has more issues than others.

The materials are nice, but I thinnk QC annd batch quality went downhill after launch.

BlackBizzle my nizzle

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:28 PM
84 1234