03-16-15 05:30 PM
63 123
tools
    Well folks, my Z10 is up for renewal, and I'm considering the passport. My Z10 has been serviceable for the past 18 months, besides the often spoken about lack of apps etc etc.

Basically my requirements are predominantly email and Web access - and I've yet to find a phone I like as much as my BlackBerry for handling mails...

That said where I stay I cannot find a passport to see or play with. Is it genuinely worth getting or as a casual but frequent user should I be thinking of other options?

Posted via CB10
    I moved from the trusty Z10 to the passport. Love the passport.

I went and played with one for half an hour in Selfriges, and bought it just after sim free.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:24 PM
    Your maths is flawed, you haven't provided one example of how I could get a better deal. The sim only + full handset cost is more than I'm paying. Yes, you showed that I'm paying more per Gb of data than you, but that's par for the course with everything from ketchup to toilet paper; the more you buy, the cheaper the unit price. As I said, I don't require more than 1Gb. I've looked and what I'm paying was at the time way cheaper than any other plan. 672 + 60 upfront = 732. 732 - 529 = 203. 20324 = 8.46 per month for my unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 1Gb data. Can you beat that?

Or, if you want to approach it from the other angle, 24 x 19 = 456. 732 - 456 = 276 for the passport. Beats 529 or any other cash price for that matter.

If you can find a cheaper deal for my tariff, please show me because I haven't seen one.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243 O2 UK
    I think I showed the actual cost you should be paying I know most UK contacts are 2yrs, I and if u read everything I posted on the matter u see that I'm now using maths explain why I said you should've got a better deal which should be around 25 quid not 28 you're argument is that ohh I don't need more data, I'm okay paying 28 p/m ok fair enough, but it's not about you I'm thinking this info is useful for people looking to upgrade and gauge if they are getting the best deal, by not looking what's on offer but what you be paying in terms of industry standards. (the same method was used to whistle blow apple when they tried to charge a ridiculous premium on the iPhones being sold in Brazil, compared it's North America counterparts.) Yes my findings may only show a snapshot in terms of including multiple plans from multiple networks, however I did prove my point.

And not in all cases is the more u buy cheaper it is overall, especially when hidden features get removed from deals that ironically making them cheaper.

The truth is yes I could've been more concise when presenting my research, but I hadn't got a year to do it in just a few hrs on my pp. Take that into consideration, I'm just a normal consumer not expert by all means

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    02-20-15 07:34 AM
    Hi,

Not sure yet. Its got its good points and bad. I really really miss access to the 'MSN News' app... Also, battery life not as astonishing as I had expected. Not sure how to control the various background bits 'n pieces.
    what is on the msn news app that is not on the msn mobile site?
    02-20-15 09:58 AM
    The app offers a more personalized, customisable experience.
    02-22-15 02:01 PM
    Was super excited to get mine. I love the new OS update on my Q10.

I ordered my passport as an upgrade online on vodafone on friday but haven't heard anything. Has anyone else got one this way and how long did it take to come? Vodafone customer services are no help but someone suggested it might be a stock issue...
    03-10-15 08:18 AM
    Was super excited to get mine. I love the new OS update on my Q10.

I ordered my passport as an upgrade online on vodafone on friday but haven't heard anything. Has anyone else got one this way and how long did it take to come? Vodafone customer services are no help but someone suggested it might be a stock issue...
    My Passport took 3 days from Vodafone in the UK. Ordered Monday, delivered Thursday. That was in November last year. I got a text when it was dispatched so I could track it via DPD

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:08 AM
    Thanks, That's what I thought it should be... Oh well guess I'll just have to wait and see...
    03-10-15 12:57 PM
    I went zed10 too passport And loving it. News app wise I use the independent App. Bought mine in the uk simfree from carphone warehouse online. No issues and physical shops to go to if there was!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    03-10-15 03:21 PM
    They cancelled my order and didn't tell me (just spent an hour on the phone), apparently blackberry's are only for business users on vodafone? Now really confused about what to do.
    03-12-15 03:42 PM
    Get one from CPW...

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 04:06 PM
    Got mine from mobile phones direct, ordered at 4 pm and got it before lunch the next day, great service.

Posted via CB4
    03-12-15 04:41 PM
    They cancelled my order and didn't tell me (just spent an hour on the phone), apparently blackberry's are only for business users on vodafone? Now really confused about what to do.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=usUfSGps still available to all Pay Monthly customers according to the above link....

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:11 PM
    I got mine from carphone warehouse in sunderland, I went in wanting to get one and they were almost: reluctant to show me the demo model, they had a z30 and a classic too the sales fella wrote the z30 off telling me It shouldn't be there anymore and that they didn't keep pp or classic in stock 'coz there was no point' I said I wanted a pp and had to have it delivered to my home.
    It's on o2 33 a month nothing down 2gb data unlimited calls and texts and it's fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:30 PM
63 123