Well folks, my Z10 is up for renewal, and I'm considering the passport. My Z10 has been serviceable for the past 18 months, besides the often spoken about lack of apps etc etc.

Basically my requirements are predominantly email and Web access - and I've yet to find a phone I like as much as my BlackBerry for handling mails...

That said where I stay I cannot find a passport to see or play with. Is it genuinely worth getting or as a casual but frequent user should I be thinking of other options?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:31 AM
    I was in your position with my Z10. I upgraded to the passport and can honestly say it's the best upgrade i've ever done. I got mine from CPW. My tariff is unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 1Gb data. The tariff with nothing down is 38 pounds a month but I made the canny decision to pay 60 pounds up front and my monthly payment is 28 pounds. That decision saved me 180 quid over the two year term. I was paying 37 per month for the same tariff on my Z10. You will not regret it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    hlg8888 likes this.
    02-14-15 11:50 AM
    Upgraded from Z10 to Passport simply because the HUB is what I need... no regrets at all!

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    02-14-15 11:53 AM
    I'm in the UK and have just gone from a Z10 to a Passport. It is nothing short of awesome. I was a little apprehensive to begin with because of the width but I've not looked back in terms of usability and speed compared to the Z10 (which is still a great device which I have kept).

Posted via CB10
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    02-14-15 12:10 PM
    Well folks, my Z10 is up for renewal, and I'm considering the passport. My Z10 has been serviceable for the past 18 months, besides the often spoken about lack of apps etc etc.

Basically my requirements are predominantly email and Web access - and I've yet to find a phone I like as much as my BlackBerry for handling mails...

That said where I stay I cannot find a passport to see or play with. Is it genuinely worth getting or as a casual but frequent user should I be thinking of other options?

Posted via CB10
    Hi Tortie,

Not sure where you are in the UK - but Selfridges in London (Oxford Street, near Bond Street tube station) have an excellent display of Passports, and you can play with them in the store (the Passports are on security wires so you can pick them up, etc - not like the Vodafone shops where they are glued to the stand) - the BlackBerry demonstration stand is in the basement (next to the Car Phone Warehouse concession) and there is a BlackBerry demonstrator on hand (he can't sell you a phone, he just demonstrates them - very well too in my opinion). If you then want to buy one, Car Phone Warehouse (next to the BlackBerry demonstration stand) can sell you one either on contract or unlocked-contract-free. I paid �450 (incl VAT - eg c.�375+VAT) for my unlocked Passport in mid-January 2015 from Car Phone Warehouse at Selfridges, London. I believe that all of their Passports are unlocked, whether or not you buy them on contract.

Other posters on CB have said that Selfridges, Manchester (Trafford Centre, I assume) also have the same BlackBerry demonstration stand and Car Phone Warehouse concession.

IGNORE the Selfridges website if they say that they are out of stock, instead call Selfridges direct and ask to speak to the Car Phone Warehouse concession - the Selfridges website is for online purchases and not for purchases in-store.

NOTE: the Car Phone Warehouse concession at Selfridges could only sell 24-month contracts OR unlocked - if you want to buy a 12 month contract through Car Phone Warehouse, you have to do this online.

I was a little concerned when I purchased my Passport that it wasn't the right phone for me, but within 3 hours of starting to use it in anger, I was convinced that I had made the right choice. I'm a very heavy email user (c.15 accounts), browse the web a lot, view/edit lots of documents / spreadsheets / PowerPoints, and use my phone as a 4G dongle.

fyi - I bought my Passport unlocked, and haggled with EE to get a 12-month sim-only 4G contract that averages at �15.99 pcm (incl. VAT) - unlimited minutes & texts (usual restrictions re: 0870 etc), 5Gb data a month (I think - it might be 7Gb), and the usual EE perks (eg Wi-Fi in the tube & cinema tickets).

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 02-16-15 at 12:22 AM.
    02-14-15 12:10 PM
    You will love the passport, it's an amazing BlackBerry

Maybe there is a CrackBerry member in your area that wouldn't mind you checking out their phone.

But honestly, it's a great phone, you will love it!
    02-14-15 07:12 PM
    I'm also in the UK, came back to BlackBerry from a short affair with apple, I love the Passport. It did take about a month though.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 02:47 AM
    I'm also interested in the Passport but cant find a demo device to play with I have yet to see someone with a BB10 device in my city lol
    02-15-15 02:58 AM
    I'm also interested in the Passport but cant find a demo device to play with I have yet to see someone with a BB10 device in my city lol
    I never saw a demo unit, never even went to a shop to check the pp out. All I did was watching load of video's. I knew the pp was kinda big, I knew what it was able to do and I just made the jump and don't regret a thing.

I came from a samsung galaxy note 4 and the only thing I miss are the amount of apps, but most I can get anyway.

Oh yea the black bars around some videos are annoying as well sometimes, but it's still enough to see. ( I do not watch movies on my phones anyway)

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 03:18 AM
    I was in your position with my Z10. I upgraded to the passport and can honestly say it's the best upgrade i've ever done. I got mine from CPW. My tariff is unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 1Gb data. The tariff with nothing down is 38 pounds a month but I made the canny decision to pay 60 pounds up front and my monthly payment is 28 pounds. That decision saved me 180 quid over the two year term. I was paying 37 per month for the same tariff on my Z10. You will not regret it.

Woah what network are u on because I pay the same p/m and get an additional 4gb more on o2uk upgraded from and could've paid less p/m if I paid �60 upfront

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    02-15-15 04:00 AM
    Both CPW and Vodafone had demo models in Brighton

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 04:18 AM
    Perhaps you could try the Dixon travel shops at Heathrow airports they have demo-models both the passport as well as the classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 06:10 AM
    Perhaps you could try the Dixon travel shops at Heathrow airports they have demo-models both the passport as well as the classic.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I live in Stoke on Trent Midlands so too far away I might have to go to City Centre and see if CPW have demo units there fingers crossed 😊
    02-15-15 06:19 AM
    Just ordered the passport on Amazon for �388! What a bargain. I know I can't play with it before, but Amazon have a great return policy so maybe do that?
    02-15-15 07:52 AM
    I just bought an unlocked Passport, and got a SIM-only tariff from 02. I'm paying �20 a month for unlimited texts, calls and 5gb of 4G data, and it's on a Passport! Not just the best upgrade I've ever done, but easily the best phone I've ever owned.

This thing is genuinely incredible.

via Z30
    02-15-15 10:24 AM
    Just head over to amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00N...UvbUpU11355033 they are selling the passport for an unbelievable �388 right now!

That's a bargain!

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-15-15 10:32 AM
    Woah what network are u on because I pay the same p/m and get an additional 4gb more on o2uk upgraded from and could've paid less p/m if I paid �60 upfront

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    I'm on O2, 28 pounds a month including the phone payment. The phone was supplied unlocked. If you're paying the same per month and you are on the same network as me, but you get 4Gb extra data, then I would guess that your contract is sim only and you made other arrangements to procure your phone. For me, there is no difference between 1Gb and 100Gb as I only use 350Mb per month due to being on wifi all the time.

02-15-15 11:25 PM
    Hey guys,

Apologies for jumping into this thread, but I noticed that a couple of people were mentioning the Amazon deal to buy the Passport outright.

I'm just planning my move from my current Samsung Galaxy S4 and going back to BlackBerry with buying the Passport SIM-free from Amazon. I'm usually on O2 and was wondering about the updates and whether they still needed to be approved by O2 themselves. I'm just a bit worried because O2 are only selling the Classic, rather than the Passport and I like the official software updates.
    02-16-15 08:20 AM
    Hi, like Tim 11 I am thinking of getting the Passport, but from CPW as O2 don't sell it, and I have spoken to O2 and they have told me that they will support any BlackBerry phone that is on his network.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 10:03 AM
    just popped into EE to check one out, i was surprised to see they have stopped selling BB! i was quiet disappointed to see BB being dropped

so decided to purchase one outright from amazon... should arrive tomorrow.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-16-15 12:04 PM
    Vodafone is where I got mine. As I know it's the only UK network stocking the handset.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 12:55 PM
    I also got my passport through cpw, on vodafone, unlimited texts/minutes but with 5gig of data for �35:50 pm. Well worth it.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:03 PM
    Hey guys,

Apologies for jumping into this thread, but I noticed that a couple of people were mentioning the Amazon deal to buy the Passport outright.

I'm just planning my move from my current Samsung Galaxy S4 and going back to BlackBerry with buying the Passport SIM-free from Amazon. I'm usually on O2 and was wondering about the updates and whether they still needed to be approved by O2 themselves. I'm just a bit worried because O2 are only selling the Classic, rather than the Passport and I like the official software updates.
    It's sim free from amazon and you get all the normal blackberry updates as normal regardless of the sim card you use. Just got mine for �388. Bargain!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:34 PM
    Bought mine outright online from CPW when first released. Picked it up from my local branch in Chesterfield and took out a one year sim only contract with O2. Passport�530, unlim calls,texts and 5 gig month data �25.00. No regrets at all.

Passport or Z10, whichever is nearest
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-16-15 02:47 PM
    As a Z10 owner I will be looking for an upgrade soon and the Passport has been so close to tempting me but the keyboard put me off (even after quite a lot of use, my sister owns a Passport).

I am hoping for an all-touch with the build quality of the Passport (which is excellent).

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:47 PM
63 123