No of course not, but I somewhat expected my Z10 (running a leaked 10.3) to have the same issue but it doesn't. And that's interesting as in "why does the Passport have it then?".

Posted via CB10
    Actually a perfectly plausible suggestion could be that the Passport utilises a completely different chipset and that, to date, BB10 has some optimisation issues with said chipset.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:51 AM
    rofl... now that's good funny!

Posted via CB10
    Actually he may have a point, as one of the users who attacked me earlier kept posting about how his Passport was 'beautiful' and 'perfect' (back a few pages).

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:04 AM
    I feel like I had this same lag on the Z10... The screen driver takes a second to turn on and gives me a slight unlock delay. If I click the buttons first or the screen is already awake it's instant. I only get that gesture lag when closing an app I'm pretty sure. My fix has just been to not close apps hahaha BOO YA PASSPORT POWER lmao
    11-03-14 12:10 PM
    I watched the video twice, I have NOT read all 11 pages of this thread, so pardon me if make observations other had.

The only 'lag' I saw was you closing the one app, the one time. That clearly was a response issue with the application closing. Was that the first time you launched that in some time? Its possible the app wasn't finished loading to allow you to close it.

Personally I experience contact lag on my Z10. Scrolling through contacts shows nothing but the white background. I am pretty sure I understand why it happens.
    11-03-14 12:27 PM
    ....whut?

:-P

Posted via CB10
    What I meant to say was OP is not lying. The issue is real but it is not major. Currently the most horrible issue is camera
    11-04-14 01:16 AM
    The OS definitely isn't as responsive as I would hope it would be in certain situations. Swipes aren't always picked up, and sometimes I find myself having to purposely slow down how I use the operating system because of it. My Android devices and lone iOS device are far from perfect, but I never experience swiping issues.

People who deny this responsiveness problem are in denial. It's there, and it's been present in every BB10 device I've owned (z10, z30, and now passport). It has nothing to do with hardware, and everything to do with software optimization.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-04-14 01:25 AM
    So I did my own video. I did NOT reproduce the lag in the scenario.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=XPDl5k4b

I guess I'm using the device wrong?

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and chewblock like this.
    11-04-14 10:27 AM
    So I did my own video. I did NOT reproduce the lag in the scenario.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=hffx2SLR

I guess I'm using the device wrong?

Posted via CB10
    You're not using the device wrong, you're using the device slow... VERY slow. If i do at that speed, I won't have the "bug" either

it's clear that after you close the app you do a pause to avoid the "bug"... do another video but swipe right after closing the app. In my day to day use, since i'm so used to BB10 already, I'm much quicker than that... Do it like I did

Instead of trying to not replicate the problem, try to replicate it...
    MarsupilamiX and blackguy07 like this.
    11-04-14 10:51 AM
    I didn't really see too much wrong with it in the video. So what is there is a hiccup here and there(which were hardly noticeable)..... I'm sure it will get fixed in future updates.....

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 10:55 AM
    Play my video side by side with his.

Who accomplishes this "task" faster?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:05 AM
    Exactly... I don't make it any faster and THATS THE PROBLEM!!! If I did it faster, I should have finished it faster
    If this "bug" didn't exist i would have acomplished the task faster than you...

And It's almost sad that I have to point this out
    Be more deliberate with your swipes and you will work faster. This is a gesture based OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:11 AM
    People can watch the videos and draw their own conclusions about what is going on.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:20 AM
    I personaly use the device faster than that, and a lot of people do, and that "bug" happens, and slows people down. 99% if the time BB10 is a snappy OS, but it does have these little "bugs" that will be solved in the future. BB10 is by far my favourite OS, and this is NOT a deal breaker for me... but would I like to see it solved? YES I WOULD!
    If this perceived issue is not a deal breaker for you why bother trying to convince others? All your doing is getting into a circular argument that is going nowhere lol.

Loving my Passport!
    Spawn12 and chewblock like this.
    11-04-14 12:03 PM
    If this perceived issue is not a deal breaker for you why bother trying to convince others? All your doing is getting into a circular argument that is going nowhere lol.

Loving my Passport!
    So in your opinion a problem is only a problem if it's a dealbreaker... ok then... Just remember me to not ever hire you to any Quality Control department.

What's so wrong in convincing that there is a bug in the OS? the bug is there. Do you find more apropriate the users that try to convince that it doesn't exist when it does? The fact that it's not a deal breaker makes it legit to assume that it doesn't exist? What's your point here exactly?

There is a lot of people complaining about the cameras in BB's. For me is not a issue at all, I don't take much pictures on my phone. But i'm not the center of the world, and I'm not the "role model" of the human being, so I would be more than happy to see the camera improved aswell even it doesn't bother me at all. Whats wrong in improving the phone for everybody?
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 11-04-14 at 01:29 PM.
    blackguy07 likes this.
    11-04-14 12:55 PM
    It's a bug - it's been acknowledged by BlackBerry as a bug, we've pretty much deciphered what is causing the close/swipe pause (waiting for the time it would take for tiles to rearrange even though no such rearrange animation happens).

It really doesn't matter who it bothers and who it doesn't - I posted it as an example and it's served it's purpose.

Happy for this thread to be closed because quite frankly I'm sick of the squabbling, which is the absolute opposite of what I intended.

Will think twice in future about reporting anything here because it's more grief than it's worth frankly.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 01:15 PM
    Don't know about the lag (other than on some Android apps that I'd guess are not optimized even on Android, but I do have to most of the time swipe up twice to wake the device, like at the beginning of the video.
    That's a minor annoyance for me.
    11-04-14 01:33 PM
    Mods - happy to close. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 01:36 PM
    It's a bug - it's been acknowledged by BlackBerry as a bug...
    Posted via CB10
    This is what "bug" means in software Software bug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Spawn12 and Deckard79 like this.
    11-04-14 01:38 PM
    So true... Better not say anything at all and move on... like some here say the phone is "perfect" so there's nothing can be improved. I'm happy that I bought a passport, I have the first product in the world that's "perfect", therefore no reason to ever upgrade until I'm dead by someones point of view
    It IS perfect, actually

Via CB10 Runnin Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016 and Official Member of The Peevishlicious Crew
    tdyhedge and bungaboy like this.
    11-04-14 01:39 PM
    No need to be sarcastic about his rebuttal...fact is he is right with his definition of what a bug means whereas you were completely wrong. Hopefully him pointing out what a bug is has made you learn something.

/no sarcasm.

Geezus some of you in here need to grow up a bit, it's like being back at school in here lol.

Posted via CB10
    A bug is when software behaves in a way that is unintended.

Presumably then, an OS that is at times unresponsive to touch commands and that lags is entirely intentional, thus there is no bug at all.

I see. That makes absolute perfect sense - thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 01:49 PM
    Well you have to talk like a teenager when confronting a teenager and put it in terms they can understand.

But one question, if some teen can throw a ball faster, kick a ball harder, or swipe a screen to the next faster than I can, is it a "bug" with the ball or the device?? Or is it just personal preference and possibly nitpicking??

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.1.938
    thymaster, bungaboy and chewblock like this.
    11-04-14 01:50 PM
    Well you have to talk like a teenager when confronting a teenager and put it in terms they can understand.

But one question, if some teen can throw a ball faster, kick a ball harder, or swipe a screen to the next faster than I can, is it a "bug" with the ball or the device?? Or is it just personal preference and possibly nitpicking??

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.1.938
    It was never a question of the speed of the device overall, it was, and has always been, regarding the times when the device behaves in a way that is not consistent with how it should.

Considering the very large number who chipped in to confirm they experienced the same, it's a big sad that it's come to this.

But never mind - this thread will end as unconstructively as every other thread on this forum.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:00 PM
    A bug is when software behaves in a way that is unintended.

Presumably then, an OS that is at times unresponsive to touch commands and that lags is entirely intentional, thus there is no bug at all.

I see. That makes absolute perfect sense - thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Lol... exactly what I was thinking.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:16 PM
    Contacts app merging names together? Never happened, ever. Wifi drops? Nope.

The fact of the matter is, everyone here who has reported a bug of any type has effectively been attacked. The guy who figured out the cause of the wifi drop bug - his thread was forcibly closed by a mod and dismissed as nonsense the very minute that Michael Clewley posted about it on his blog.

He found out about it thanks to the same guy, and acted on it.

That's pretty crazy in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-04-14 02:17 PM
    No No No... Issues? Bugs? the phone is perfect... There will never be a better or faster phone, you just can't improve on perfection, only the users can improve in being slower doing their everyday tasks on it...

There will be no firmware updates from now on. 10.3.0.1418 is the final and "perfect" iteration of BB10. Now i can annoy the hell of my friends and tell how imperfect their phones are compared to mine...

Z10 owners with bad battery life? BS... they don't know how to use it
    Q10's restarting and double typing? BS... they don't know how to use it
    BB10 cameras Cameras that don't focus properly? BS... they don't know how to use it
    And another lol... thanks for the laugh.

Glad there is at least a bit of sanity here.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:18 PM
351 ... 12131415