Thanks for posting this - noticing your device automatically springing back to the first row of icons. Is this a 10.3.1 thing or a setting?

I agree - looks to me as though for one reason or another yours is behaving. Wish mine was like that.

Posted via CB10
    This happens because our friend has only one active frame open,so after closing, the screen goes automatically to the app page. It not the same. I want to see a video with two or more active frames.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 02:01 AM
    Yeah no. That's BS. Tried out the iPhone 6/6+ before getting the PP, and cycling quickly internet tabs while various apps were open was/is a brutal experience. While there's some lag on the PP, I'd have complete pages reloading on the iPhone. Also, the quality of the iPhone 6's is garbage - played around with a bunch of them (friends and in store), and bendgate is no joke - these things bend like nothing else. There were even multiple in-store models at the Apple store that were bent (that I took a video of and posted on mac rumours). Build quality of the PP by far trumps iPhones - most Android phones do as well.
    Link me to the Macrumour forums and your post plz.
    I am curious.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 02:13 AM
    This happens because our friend has only one active frame open,so after closing, the screen goes automatically to the app page. It not the same. I want to see a video with two or more active frames.

Posted via CB10
    You're right it's not the same but it's still a very useful video because it illustrates a scenario where the device is responding as it should (with the remain on wallpaper setting disabled and closing the last open app).

Even allowing for the longer animation returning to the page of icons, the device responds much quicker.

Can anyone running 10.2 try the same? (tap to close app that isn't the last active frame and swipe to see if the phone responds straight away each time).

Could be a 10.3 change to the active frames code that's causing it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Deckard79; 11-03-14 at 02:31 AM.
    11-03-14 02:14 AM
    Right, I think I know exactly what's happening (at least with the active frames close delay).

When closing a frame that doesn't require the active frames to reorganise themselves, we get the long unresponsiveness after the close animation completes.

But when closing an active frame that requires the remaining frames to reorder themselves, the much longer animation plays after which the device is responsive.

So it looks to me as though, even when no rearrange animation is played, the device waits for the same duration as that animation _would have taken had it needed to_. This behaviour presents itself as a period where the UI isn't responding.

So it's a small but quite irritating tiles bug.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Deckard79; 11-03-14 at 04:26 AM.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-03-14 02:41 AM
    That could be it. I guess maybe they should check if the app being closed is the last active frame to remove that delay.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-03-14 02:52 AM
    That could be it. I guess maybe they should check if the app being closed is the last active frame to remove that delay.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Exactly, there needs to be some logic coded in there that alters the UI behaviour where the active tiles don't have to rearrange themselves.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Deckard79; 11-03-14 at 06:18 AM.
    11-03-14 03:01 AM
    here's my take when you close an app, if u swipe to your app pane you'll notice the app icon is slightly greyed out, which means although the active frame for the app is closed, the app is till in the process of closing( i.e. releasing locks on all background process that allow th e app to be open). from this one can deduce that although the frame is closed, that 1 or 2 seconds delay before being able to swipe out of the homescreen is a result of the app releasing locks on the screen processes it might have held, this 1 or 2 seconds is not much of a problem compared to say : closing and app and being able to swipe but having the space where the active frame occupied being locked so any new app you opened would open at the second position for an active frame and skip the space held for the closed app, just because you want to be able to swipe as fast as u close an app.

I have watched review videos and seen the same missed inputs by many of the testers. Trying to close apps I see them touching the x multiple times.

The problem highlights a problem in the OS prioritization that needs to be fixed. What is the advantage of doing it the way BB does which creates the slight lag? I know the downside of doing it the way BB is doing it. You get lag in certain situations. So what is the advantage of doing it the way BB is doing it? If we know the advantages it may offset the slight lag in these certain situations. I don't think animations should ever be more important than the touch inputs.
    11-03-14 03:27 AM
    You can have video evidence but that doesn't prove that all Passports have this issue.
    I've yet to see anyone in this thread say that ALL Passports have the problem. If that statement was made, I missed it. I certainly didn't say that they did. So thanks for stating the obvious I guess.

My point is that it is insane how a Passport owner gets attacked for reporting a legitmate issue with his or her phone. I've seen people here actually accuse owners of Passports that have issuses of having purposefully damaged the phones themselves.

It is crazy how some people treat others in this forum.
    11-03-14 05:39 AM

It is crazy how some people treat others in this forum.
    Which mostly happens under 1 exact scenario:
    Those people that are getting attacked didn't worship BlackBerry enough.
    And obviously every legitimate problem a BlackBerry user might experience, is a case of not worshipping BlackBerry enough.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and crackberry_geek like this.
    11-03-14 05:49 AM
    BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-03-14 06:46 AM
    Your Note 3 doesn't lag? - That's odd because we have 2 of them in our house and they both lag unless you restart them on a daily basis and they are only 1 month old - one of them (mine) doesn't even have any apps installed on it because I just use it as a spare phone. I also recently purchased the Samsung Tab S which supposedly has a powerful processor in it and it still lags.
    Yes it lags at some points but not all the time like android is made out to be. The lag in the thread topic we are discussing is not there. Now there is no gesture I can do from the multitask window I can use to swipe to other pages like the BB, but I can swipe away an app and hit home and swipe to my pages with no issues. There is a miniscule lag between swiping and the screen moving, but it is registering and completing the action as opposed to the PP not doing anything with the input. When I say miniscule, I cannot reswipe before the phone completes the action. It is that when I swipe, the phone does not immediately move, but by the time I have lifted off the screen and move to reinput location, the screen has already completed the action. That is slight lag and not something I consider an issue.
    11-03-14 07:36 AM
    Android has had a reputation to Lag and crash a lot, wich they did and still do to some extent. but recent improvements in hardware and OS updates have improved a lot. Androids with snapdragon 600+ and android 4.4 have greatly reduced lag that isn't a deal breaker anymore.
    11-03-14 08:09 AM
    Some seem to think reporting a bug is a bad idea and we should all be perfectly satisfied with what we have.

Personally I take the view that if you inform developers of bugs they might not be aware of, it gives them the opportunity to improve things.

Posted via CB10
    Report your bug to the right channel; you are purportedly an IT professional so you ought to know better. What results or solutions do you hope to get from this forum? Just curious.
    Btw I have a passport and deem your issues as inconsequential for my professional uses. To each their own.
    11-03-14 08:11 AM
    Android has had a reputation to Lag and crash a lot, wich they did and still do to some extent. but recent improvements in hardware and OS updates have improved a lot. Androids with snapdragon 600+ and android 4.4 have greatly reduced lag that isn't a deal breaker anymore.
    So is this alleged "lag" a deal breaker for BlackBerry?
    thymaster likes this.
    11-03-14 08:16 AM
    So is this alleged "lag" a deal breaker for BlackBerry?
    Not really, but can be annoying sometimes. Here the lag is different. In android it was more of a random lag... here is a lag that is repeatable in some specific action.
    11-03-14 08:21 AM
    Well this is my personal opinion and experience so please respect.
    I just came back home from a mobile shop and it was the first time I touch passport. The first thing that crossed to my mind was Deckard79 topic about lag and some issues with passport. To be honest before I really work with it I consider all of these things just BS but after I do exactly as what OP did I see some late respond as well. It only occur when you do it very fast and I don't think I ever do it that fast in daily usage. This issue is real and especially when you want to wake the devise up. Its not a very huge issue that stop me from buying passport but I expect Blackberry to fix these issues and camera focus.
    Sorry for my bad english
    wincyUt and Joao Oliveira like this.
    11-03-14 08:25 AM
    Report your bug to the right channel; you are purportedly an IT professional so you ought to know better. What results or solutions do you hope to get from this forum? Just curious.
    Btw I have a passport and deem your issues as inconsequential for my professional uses. To each their own.
    So do you think it better to report an issue with absolutely no corroborating evidence? So saying, "Hey BB, my passport lags when I close apps. Just look at my video I made." Or would it be better to report it as, "Hey BB, my passport is experiencing lag when I do this, and I have asked on a worldwide forum and I have gotten responses from people in different areas, and different countries who are also reporting the same issue as I am experiencing. Here is the link to the entire thread with videos, and you can look into this issue as we have started to already. Maybe you and your professional development team can help us out."

By posting on here, the OP has found other people who exhibit the same issue. Has also found people who do not believe him and have tried to poke holes in his problem. This has provided the OP in counter arguments that could also be proven to not be accurate and has allowed him to make more videos showing that these counter arguments are baseless and the problem is one that does exist. That is what these forums are for in my opinion. Either they show the person with a problem a way to alleviate the problem, or they allow others with the same problem a way to also help try to figure out ways to fix the problem.
    Last edited by power5; 11-03-14 at 09:28 AM.
    blackguy07 and dejanh like this.
    11-03-14 09:11 AM
    You do know that BlackBerry roams these forums. I would think a fellow crackberry member would have known that.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:27 AM
    Which mostly happens under 1 exact scenario:
    Those people that are getting attacked didn't worship BlackBerry enough.
    And obviously every legitimate problem a BlackBerry user might experience, is a case of not worshipping BlackBerry enough.

Posted via CB10
    rofl... now that's good funny!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:33 AM
    I already have and it's been acknowledged (which makes the fact that people are still denying it exists quite baffling), but it's being discussed here because:

a) lots of people here are interested
    b) not every reported bug gets fixed so here's a good place to keep tabs on such things.

If it's inconsequential to you then that's absolutely fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:36 AM
    Hi folks,

Here is a video example of the problem I've been experiencing with the BlackBerry Passport ever since purchase.

This lag has been present in every build I have tried. Very disappointing. As mentioned on another thread, it looks as though others are experiencing the same.

Here you go:

Happy to discuss in further detail. Anyone else noticing the same, please comment here.

Thanks.
    That's interesting since my Z10 doesn't have this 'issue'....

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:39 AM
    It only occur when you do it very fast and I don't think I ever do it that fast in daily usage. This issue is real
    ....whut?

:-P

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:43 AM
    That's interesting since my Z10 doesn't have this 'issue'....

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say your Z10 did have that issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Which is the strangest part, as the Z10 has abysmal Hardware by today's standards, and the Passport has really really really solid specs.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-03-14 09:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    No of course not, but I somewhat expected my Z10 (running a leaked 10.3) to have the same issue but it doesn't. And that's interesting as in "why does the Passport have it then?".

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:58 AM
351 ... 1112131415