I think it's time for you to take a nap!!!You might be so obsessed with these minor things that you say **** you off,but you have an answer for everything and want for some reason to get as many comments as you can to do what??? Spend as much effort and direct your complaints to BB,O'H!!! BB's customer service stinks,right???
    11-02-14 02:13 PM
    I have the same issue. I'll swipe up to unlock and it does not respond. I have to press the power button to get the password screen. I have many little issues like this with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 02:20 PM
    This thread is an embarrassment to BlackBerry owners.

To recap, the OP posted a video demonstrating touchscreen lag on his Passport. The blacksheep group get offended, and defend the Passport despite the video evidence. A few others agree with the OP and report lag as well, but the faithful still refuse to believe it and blame the OP. So MORE videos of the lag are posted. BUT, the blacksheep still won't believe what they are seeing and attack the OP instead.

I've watched several videos of the Passport touchscreen lagging in this thread, yet no one has posted a video of it not lagging. Isn't that kind of crazy?

BlackBerry fanboys these days have become far worse than Apple fans ever were. Embarrassing.
    11-02-14 02:32 PM
    This thread is an embarrassment to BlackBerry owners.

To recap, the OP posted a video demonstrating touchscreen lag on his Passport. The blacksheep group get offended, and defend the Passport despite the video evidence. A few others agree with the OP and report lag as well, but the faithful still refuse to believe it and blame the OP. So MORE videos of the lag are posted. BUT, the blacksheep still won't believe what they are seeing and attack the OP instead.

I've watched several videos of the Passport touchscreen lagging in this thread, yet no one has posted a video of it not lagging. Isn't that kind of crazy?

BlackBerry fanboys these days have become far worse than Apple fans ever were. Embarrassing.
    BB Fanboys as you put it,have better things to do than make the effort and video some non existent BIG ISSUES,Go fish in another pond ,no suckers here!!!Lot's of happy Passport Owners including me !!!! but as you say somebody has to make this OS PERFECT so what can YOU DO????Well first off you can go to school and make the BB experience totally awesome!!!2Nd thing you can do is return your Phone,but if you don't have the goods to back up your foolish claims then...FORGET ABOUT IT !!! IT GUY...Directed at the OP...pee pee op!!!
    buwee and damien kupuku like this.
    11-02-14 02:41 PM
    What lag?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 02:44 PM
    BB Fanboys as you put it,have better things to do than make the effort and video some non existent BIG ISSUES,Go fish in another pond ,no suckers here!!!Lot's of happy Passport Owners including me !!!! but as you say somebody has to make this OS PERFECT so what can YOU DO????
    So they don't have the time to prove that the OP is wrong with a video, but they do have the time to continuously post in this thread over and over and claim that the OP is wrong or that their Passport doesn't lag? Ah, gotcha!
    11-02-14 02:48 PM
    BB Fanboys as you put it,have better things to do than make the effort and video some non existent BIG ISSUES,Go fish in another pond ,no suckers here!!!Lot's of happy Passport Owners including me !!!! but as you say somebody has to make this OS PERFECT so what can YOU DO????
    Better things like what? Threads like this help finding bugs and fixes that will further improve your phone. There's not better testbed that the comunity userbase reporting aspects that can be improved.

Passport isn't perfect, no phone is perfect, every device can be improved on, evolution is relentless. Who doesn't want a even faster and more responsive device?
    Witmen, blackguy07, dejanh and 1 others like this.
    11-02-14 02:49 PM
    BB Fanboys as you put it,have better things to do than make the effort and video some non existent BIG ISSUES,Go fish in another pond ,no suckers here!!!Lot's of happy Passport Owners including me !!!! but as you say somebody has to make this OS PERFECT so what can YOU DO????Well first off you can go to school and make the BB experience totally awesome!!!2Nd thing you can do is return your Phone,but if you don't have the goods to back up your foolish claims then...FORGET ABOUT IT !!! IT GUY...Directed at the OP...pee pee op!!!
    So showing examples of how an OS has glitches on a persons device is worthless if he does not want to go to school for 4 years to learn to write code and then get a job at BB and then get on the current OS team to fix the problem? "You are worthless if you dont put your money where your mouth is and go get a job to fix the issues." Are you that dense?

The current professionals on the BB10 OS team are the ones who should be trying to fix the issues users are commenting about.
    11-02-14 02:52 PM
    Who tf said anything about not being happy with their BlackBerry?! The way you process things is astounding. Me and this guy just gave you almost a step by step process of what it is that you and others are doing. You read it and from what it looks like comprehend and then have the nerve to post yet again another useless comment. Answer this question for me than you can attack me all you want because I have a good feeling that's what you're going to do. If you go to a restaurant and get served undercooked food would it be logical if I told you maybe you ate it wrong and told you of you didn't like it to go find another restaurant??

Posted via CB10
    offyoutoddle and Reza El Nino like this.
    11-02-14 02:55 PM
    Just to make a point here I asked if my friend could read this thread and for her to give me her input on what she read. Shes never owned a blackberry and only know or crackberry through me being on it so much. I didn't tell her anything. She got through 2 pages and said, "wow this guy has a problem but it seems like everyone is attacking him because they don't have the same problem like it's his fault".

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 02:56 PM
    Wow...

The old saying "Pics or it didn't happen", applies here(obviously a video and not pics). Posted and proved by several others including others on other BB10 devices. Yet people continue to deny it(even the almighty Michael Clewley has acknowledged it).

I have this lag or unresponsiveness(what ever you want to call it), and its reproducible every time I try it. Although it's not an issue at all for me, cause I never swipe around that fast, but it is an issue that others see as a major problem. If you cant accept that fact, then perhaps it's time for you to move onto other threads and leave this one to those of us who can debate it like normal ADULT human beings.

Honestly, these forums have become a cesspool of fanboys worse then imore ever was/is, and I've been around here for a few years.
    11-02-14 02:56 PM
    Wow...

The old saying "Pics or it didn't happen", applies here(obviously a video and not pics). Posted and proved by several others including others on other BB10 devices. Yet people continue to deny it(even the almighty Michael Clewley has acknowledged it).

I have this lag or unresponsiveness(what ever you want to call it), and its reproducible every time I try it. Although it's not an issue at all for me, cause I never swipe around that fast, but it is an issue that others see as a major problem. If you cant accept that fact, then perhaps it's time for you to move onto other threads and leave this one to those of us who can debate it like normal ADULT human beings.

Honestly, these forums have become a cesspool of fanboys worse then imore ever was/is, and I've been around here for a few years.
    Wow you are such a man! I'm impressed..
    11-02-14 02:59 PM
    I think at this point any claims this doesn't happen is just denial.

Which is kind of counter productive if we want improvements in the OS and bug fixes.

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure if it existed in 10.3.0.1418 for me, but definitely exists on 10.3.1 update I got from AT&T!

I guess it's an individual taste as to whether this constitutes a major bug or a nuisance based on how you use the device. I think most folks would not notice unless it was pointed out.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 03:15 PM
    I am not sure if it existed in 10.3.0.1418 for me, but definitely exists on 10.3.1 update I got from AT&T!

I guess it's an individual taste as to whether this constitutes a major bug or a nuisance based on how you use the device. I think most folks would not notice unless it was pointed out.

Posted via CB10
    Some are certain it doesn't happen for them. All I know 100% is that it is a problem for lots of others.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh and offyoutoddle like this.
    11-02-14 03:18 PM
    verybody bashes iOS products because they have dual core at 1.4ghz and only 1gb of ram, but they are very fluid, they never lag, they feel like a premium product.
    Sorry, but bull. Apple products are *OFTEN* fluid, but I assure you I experience lag on both my iPad Mini and my iPod touch. I have experienced it less often on my iPhone 5S, but still have encountered it.

I agree they make good products, but don't buy the "they never lag" garbage spewed by some. I've definitely had it, and on some devices, it's been excrutiating. While it is a benefit that Apple is great about providing updates, a big drawback is the devices can become unusably slow after a while. In my experience.

To the original poster, I've had the same issue on my Z10 as you've had. Kind of annoying at times.

Neither the Z10 or the iOS devices have the lag that my Kindle Fire HDX has. That's atrocious. Whole damn thing can get into states where it doesn't respond for seconds on end.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 11-02-14 at 04:12 PM.
    11-02-14 03:22 PM
    Wow...

This issue or should I say non issue is not lag its the phone rendering opening and closing animations! It happens with Android phones as well, go to android central and search their forums there is a thread dedicated to the Note 4 of people complaining about the phone being "choppy" or "lagging" etc. I have never encountered this issue during my regular use of my Passport. I say regular use, not swiping back and forth like a madman from the hub and opening and closing apps like a meth addict with A.D.D! That's the only way this so call lagging can be recreated.
    11-02-14 03:25 PM
    Well, for the time I had my Passport, I noticed some issues with my screen. I don't know if I would call it 'lag' as it just didn't respond.

1) swiping up to close an app or swipe up and over to get into the hub was hit or miss. What seemed to work was making sure I always swiped up starting in the keyboard. If I didn't grab some of the keys, it rarely worked.

2) the two finger swipe down in apps for settings was really hit or miss and more miss. I remember trying ten times in a row and it worked two or three times.

I chalked it up to software that would get fixed over time and went back to my z30. (sold the passport).

I have to say that while I have never had issues with the two finger swipe down on my z30 since it became a feature, I have noticed more misses with the swipe up on my z30 since I started loading 10.3 leaks. I think BlackBerry is playing with settings that the swipe has to be of a certain speed to initiate an action to reduce people accidentally closing an app for example. They were 'leaks' so I couldn't complain much but since the passport had it as well, maybe it is something they need to address with an update.

Anyways, for the Passport, any new release seems to have issues regardless of platform. I remember my 9900 causing me gripes (enough for me to sell it and then come back to it 4 months later and loving it). Same for the z10. Same for the z30. And now same for the Passport as I think I will try it again in the new year which should give it enough time for any bugs to work out and more apps to get updated to take advantage of the screen.
    11-02-14 03:26 PM
    Wow...

Totally agree. This uncalled for behaviour is making me (who is a devout BlackBerry phone lover) not want to post or share any issues whatsoever in the forums anymore, for fear of being attacked, ridiculed or called a liar from rude and abusive members, who seem to have nothing better to do with their time. If one doesn't have anything constructive or helpful to add to a thread, then they should keep it to themselves.

Posted with my Canadian Passport
    homer1475, dejanh, Witmen and 4 others like this.
    11-02-14 03:28 PM
    Totally agree. This uncalled for behaviour is making me (who is a devout BlackBerry phone lover) not want to post or share any issues whatsoever in the forums anymore, for fear of being attacked, ridiculed or called a liar from rude and abusive members, who seem to have nothing better to do with their time. If one doesn't have anything constructive or helpful to add to a thread, then they should keep it to themselves.

Posted with my Canadian Passport
    Say what you have to say and don't give a shirt about this kind of members. They are not even fans, as they think. Opposite, they harm BlackBerry's fan base reputation with their ignorance and blindness.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 03:42 PM
    like a madman from the hub and opening and closing apps like a meth addict with A.D.D
    Exactly, like who uses their phone like that?
    11-02-14 03:58 PM
    I think it's just an issue regarding the UI animations, or a feature as Apple likes to say.
    Before iOS 7.1, you had to wait for the animation to end before being able to swipe across pages and it was annoying so I think that's the case here.
    11-02-14 04:03 PM
    There are other videos posted showing slower swipes that still do not register. It is not only fast swipes that dont work.

Deckard79 and blackguy07 like this.
    11-02-14 04:06 PM
    Looks like a software issue more than a hardware, hopefully it's fixed soon contact BlackBerry for more I'd say.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10 or any other Android device I carry!
    11-02-14 04:10 PM
    Everybody bashes iOS products because they have dual core at 1.4ghz and only 1gb of ram, but they are very fluid, they never lag, they feel like a premium product.
    Sorry, that is not always true - I updated my iPad Air to IOS 8.1 last week and now my iPad is lagging and freezing like crazy especially on the Safari browser - it's so laggy that it feels like I'm using an old computer from the x386 days - even my Playbook is faster. Its true that IOS is generally more polished but it has been out for more than 7 years and Apple can screw it up just as bad as anyone else as evidenced by IOS 8.1
    11-02-14 04:16 PM
    This issue or should I say non issue is not lag its the phone rendering opening and closing animations! It happens with Android phones as well, go to android central and search their forums there is a thread dedicated to the Note 4 of people complaining about the phone being "choppy" or "lagging" etc. I have never encountered this issue during my regular use of my Passport. I say regular use, not swiping back and forth like a madman from the hub and opening and closing apps like a meth addict with A.D.D! That's the only way this so call lagging can be recreated.
    If you see the videos I posted one or 2 pages back, you will see that the animation ends, and the device still doesn't respond right after the animation ended. So there's some optimization that can be done
    Deckard79 likes this.
    11-02-14 04:19 PM
351 ... 910111213 ...