Seriously this thread is ridiculous. The op and anyone who's following his paranoia reminds me of the two character in the movie Bug (2006). The fine line between reality and delusion is blurred by a discovery of an OS lag. Wake up!

I suggest to the op to move on if you find it to bother you so much. This issue could eventually kill you through extreme depression and I mean that literally. I can pick up from your tone of writing that you're an extremely volatile person showing negative views of all the minor hick ups in life.

If your mother puts a large vase on the coffee table that gets in your way when you're watching TV, you would fine it pervasive and agitated by the sight of it. Wake up! It's a sign that mother is telling you to get your lazy *** up from the sofa and get a life. There's a real world out there with bigger problems then an OS showing signs of lag. Reality is most people in this world won't see or care about a minor lag in the OS because they have a life out side of a machine. As long as that machine helps them get through their day is what matters most.

I'm not trying to be harsh here but I just want you to think what you're saying is if a milli second of a lag is a life changing event for you then you haven't seen the bigger picture. There's world hunger, diseases, wars, injustice, global climate change that needs to be solve. Instead of nit picking your passport over a lag and recording it, you can be productive and use your passport as a tool to help you solve bigger problems in life.
    thedose likes this.
    11-02-14 01:04 PM
    The two people I know with Z devices have the same issues periodically. A side by side comparison would be good though. Another poster detailed some other instances where the UI consistently fails to respond so need to try and replicate (the others have seemed pretty random to me but there's probably similar routines behind most of them).

Posted via CB10
    The ramdom inconsistencies would be hard to judge if is hardware or software. But if the slow response when "closing app and swipe" happens in other hardware in a similar fashion, we can end to a conclusion that is really the OS code
    11-02-14 01:06 PM
    Seriously this thread is ridiculous. The op and anyone who's following his paranoia reminds me of the two character in the movie Bug (2006). The fine line between reality and delusion is blurred by a discovery of an OS lag. Wake up!

I suggest to the op to move on if you find it to bother you so much. This issue could eventually kill you through extreme depression and I mean that literally. I can pick up from your tone of writing that you're an extremely volatile person showing negative views of all the minor hick ups in life.

If your mother puts a large vase on the coffee table that gets in your way when you're watching TV, you would fine it pervasive and agitated by the sight of it. Wake up! It's a sign that mother is telling you to get your lazy *** up from the sofa and get a life. There's a real world out there with bigger problems then an OS showing signs of lag. Reality is most people in this world won't see or care about a minor lag in the OS because they have a life out side of a machine. As long as that machine helps them get through their day is what matters most.

I'm not trying to be harsh here but I just want you to think what you're saying is if a milli second of a lag is a life changing event for you then you haven't seen the bigger picture. There's world hunger, diseases, wars, injustice, global climate change that needs to be solve. Instead of nit picking your passport over a lag, you can be productive and use your passport as a tool to help you solve bigger problems in life.
    Let's see - delusion, wake up, mother (mine died a few months ago so thanks).

Excellent. Good to know people are happy to attack others they don't know.

Posted via CB10
    homer1475 likes this.
    11-02-14 01:09 PM

I'm not trying to be harsh here but I just want you to think what you're saying is if a milli second of a lag is a life changing event for you then you haven't seen the bigger picture. There's world hunger, diseases, wars, injustice, global climate change that needs to be solve. Instead of nit picking your passport over a lag, you can be productive and use your passport as a tool to help you solve bigger problems in life.
    I think you're blowing things out a bit... Read the First post of this thread. Never felt like the OP was angry or something or going to be in depression or paranoia, to me it seems more like curiosity. OP as alaways been open minded and respectull. Don't see why people are saying he's going crazy about, he looks very relaxed about it actually

Do you think this is a "millisecond"?
    Deckard79 likes this.
    11-02-14 01:10 PM
    I really can't stand BlackBerry sheep. I really can't. Look at my original post. I said that there were going to do this and you can clearly see it in the comments.

Typical sheep responses always blaming the OP for it is their fault whatever they're complaint about. Or the laughable "it doesn't happen on mine". So you mean to tell me if a problem doesn't exist in your world it doesn't exist at all?! You got another person calling us delusional because we "follow" the OP lol. People come here for help but instead are told to jump ship if you don't like something. People really need to get there head out of their asses and start acting their age.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira and Deckard79 like this.
    11-02-14 01:18 PM
    I really can't stand BlackBerry sheep. I really can't. Look at my original post. I said that there were going to do this and you can clearly see it in the comments.

Typical sheep responses always blaming the OP for it is their fault whatever they're complaint about. Or the laughable "it doesn't happen on mine". So you mean to tell me if a problem doesn't exist in your world it doesn't exist at all?! You got another person calling us delusional because we "follow" the OP lol. People come here for help but instead are told to jump ship if you don't like something. People really need to get there head out of their asses and start acting their age.

Posted via CB10
    Some of the abuse is really, really poor form.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:21 PM
    He asked for a video, didn't demand one... Don't twist things the way you want. He even asked videos of other BB10 models to see if it happens aswell.

This "bug" happens when you use the device in a particular way, so the users that say that don't have this "bug" could not be doing it the exact same way. That's why is legit to show a video, the same way I did my videos, to make sure I was doing things right, and to make sure situations are comparable. Because if the users takes a just a bit longer, they won't experince the "lag"

If we have a defective passport, we can trade it back... so there's no reason to be jealous, we just want to know if everybody has it or not. if happens in every device, etc
    I think it is quite clear that not EVERYBODY has this issue so why don't you guys just let it go. I, for one definitely do NOT have any lag issues so again not everyone is having the issues. Is that clear now?
    thymaster and thedose like this.
    11-02-14 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Funny is that people that point "issues" with their devices are treated like "anti-blackberry", when they are actualy the oposite, they are the ones that are finding out the bugs and improvements that can be made. The userbase is the most powerfull testbed for new hardware and software, and I'm sure our Blackberrys weren't as good as they are today if it wasn't for the good AND BAD feedback from the userbase
    deltact and blackguy07 like this.
    11-02-14 01:24 PM
    I think it is quite clear that not EVERYBODY has this issue so why don't you guys just let it go. I, for one definitely do NOT have any lag issues so again not everyone is having the issues. Is that clear now?
    This is a thread for people who are having these issues so you can happily move along and post in threads that are relevant to you (or stay and actually try and help).

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:25 PM
    Ok, thanks for the input... Do you mind to tell us wich device you have, your version of the os, and if possible and not asking too much, posting a video of the exact same thing I did in my video? Maybe there is a OS version that doesn't have it, because is hard to believe it is a Hardware issue
    11-02-14 01:26 PM
    Let's see - delusion, wake up, mother (mine died a few months ago so thanks).

Excellent. Good to know people are happy to attack others they don't know.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't see that as an attack - you should stop accusing people of directing personal at you because it doesn't seem like it to me. He is just speaking the truth - there are far greater problems in the world than complaining about a so called "lag" on a phone. Like I said on an earlier reply - if it bothers you that much just return it and get something else that you're happy with - problem solved!
    thymaster and thedose like this.
    11-02-14 01:28 PM
    Ok, thanks for the input... Do you mind to tell us wich device you have, your version of the os, and if possible and not asking too much, posting a video of the exact same thing I did in my video? Maybe there is a OS version that doesn't have it, because is hard to believe it is a Hardware issue
    I have a Passport SQW100-1 and I am running 10.3.1.1016 on it and have not had this issue - sorry, I don't have the time nor the patience to make a video to prove that to you guys. As a side note I find the PP & my WP8 phone to be on par or very close to my iPhone & iPad as far as being fluid and lag free where as my Samsung Note 3 & my Samsung Tab S is very laggy unless you reboot them everyday.
    thymaster likes this.
    11-02-14 01:33 PM
    I didn't see that as an attack - you should stop accusing people of directing personal at you because it doesn't seem like it to me. He is just speaking the truth - there are far greater problems in the world than complaining about a so called "lag" on a phone. Like I said on an earlier reply - if it bothers you that much just return it and get something else that you're happy with - problem solved!
    This is a BlackBerry forum. The BlackBerry Passport subforum. This is where people come to post about experiences (including problems) they are experiencing using a BlackBerry Passport.

I don't want to discuss how much or how little anything 'bothers' me - I raised a topic to discuss a particular OS behaviour on my and other devices and this is a place to discuss it. If you don't want to do that then simply move on.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:34 PM
    I have a Passport SQW100-1 and I am running 10.3.1.1016 on it and have not had this issue - sorry, I don't have the time nor the patience to make a video to prove that to you guys. As a side note I find the PP & my WP8 phone to be on par or very close to my iPhone & iPad as far as being fluid and lag free where as my Samsung Note 3 & my Samsung Tab S is very laggy unless you reboot them everyday.
    Ok, thanks anyway.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:35 PM
    I installed 10.3.1 but didn't try this issue in particular. Went back to 10.3.0.1418, because with 10.3.1 I was droping frames and had some flickering in the screen from time to time, even after 2 days with it installed. I'm waiting for a better build of 10.3.1 and I will test it again
    11-02-14 01:38 PM
    I for one am NOT running a leaked OS... yet I have the same problems. They never existed on my Z10 running 10.2.1.

One of the most annoying lags is trying to turn off the alarm clock in the morning. At first thought is was just morning eyes... but enough further testing now confirms it is just very unresponsive.

Whether or not you like the OPs video... this IS a very real problem.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with this post.

Always thought the alarm clock thing was just me not touching the screen properly early in the morning, but having since tested it, it does happen on the passport as well as my on my Z10

I can also reproduce what the OP's video showed. Not a huge deal, and never noticed it until this video. I never swipe that fast anyways.
    Deckard79 likes this.
    11-02-14 01:40 PM
    I installed 10.3.1 but didn't try this issue in particular. Went back to 10.3.0.1418, because with 10.3.1 I was droping frames and had some flickering in the screen from time to time, even after 2 days with it installed. I'm waiting for a better build of 10.3.1 and I will test it again
    Yeah, I had the flickering when I first installed it but after several restarts it seemed to have gone away - hopefully for good.
    11-02-14 01:42 PM
    If you can, please test it with a clean "out of the box" state, lest some naysayer claim that it lags because you have 100 apps and 10 email accounts.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    11-02-14 01:42 PM
    Totally agree with this post.

Always thought the alarm clock thing was just me not touching the screen properly early in the morning, but having since tested it, it does happen on the passport as well as my on my Z10

I can also reproduce what the OP's video showed. Not a huge deal, and never noticed it until this video. I never swipe that fast anyways.
    I didn't notice either in a way that i thought that some lack of responsivness was totally random and not in some situations in particular, thought it would happen in ramdom moments during the use of phone. Now that i found out that they happen in specific actions got me a lot more curious
    11-02-14 01:43 PM
    This is a thread for people who are having these issues so you can happily move along and post in threads that are relevant to you (or stay and actually try and help).

Posted via CB10
    People and you included were wondering if anyone else is having this issue so I would say that I should be replying to this thread.
    Now, when you hear something you don't want to hear you tell me to go somewhere else. I am merely answering your question by saying I DON'T have this problem.
    thymaster likes this.
    11-02-14 01:44 PM
    Yeah, I had the flickering when I first installed it but after several restarts it seemed to have gone away - hopefully for good.
    Clewley mentioned the leaked OTA 10.3.1 wasn't a good match for the Passport so might be better waiting for a later build, but your call.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:44 PM
    Don't know how it is today, but when I installed a few days back, there were only autoloaders, and I was having trouble in restoring some important stuff that I had before, so I got back and i'm waiting for non-destructive update via sachesi with a signed radio
    11-02-14 01:47 PM
    People and you included were wondering if anyone else is having this issue so I would say that I should be replying to this thread.
    Now, when you hear something you don't want to hear you tell me to go somewhere else. I am merely answering your question by saying I DON'T have this problem.
    Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Had so many pages and quite a few nasty posts. To answer, I wasn't bothered until I read some of the responses as I naively thought this would just be a place to compare notes.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:47 PM
    I think the same length for the left swipe on the z30 and the passport are not the same in means of screen width percentage. If swiping is based on how many percents you swiped to the left, then eg 2 cms on the z30 would be a lot more % than on the passport, causing the gesture not to be identified

Software engineer here too

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    11-02-14 02:11 PM
    Don't know how it is today, but when I installed a few days back, there were only autoloaders, and I was having trouble in restoring some important stuff that I had before, so I got back and i'm waiting for non-destructive update via sachesi with a signed radio
    To be honest with you I have not restored from BB Link backup (horrible software) when installing any un-official O/S since the 10.2 days because every time I did a restore I ended up with numerous issues sometimes not noticeable immediately but eventually I always had problems. So since then I've backed up my phone with 3rd party apps and restored from them and have had no major issues.
    11-02-14 02:12 PM
351 ... 89101112 ...