Well, it doesn't happen in a iphone... does that bother you more?

Im going to explain you again because you can't get there by yourself: in practise, plastic interior and leather wouldn't make a difference in usability the same way that "split second" doesn't make a difference in your point of view. Got it?

Older BBOS7 would fly throught screens and menus.

This is a very interesting topic, because I saw everybody complaining about specs here, and specs there, but I see nobody complaining about real world use problems like this. Everybody bashes iOS products because they have dual core at 1.4ghz and only 1gb of ram, but they are very fluid, they never lag, they feel like a premium product. Android doesn't, so does BB10... they are not as polished as iOS is, not as seamless and reliable. And when you buy a TOP premium device, you expect it to be polished.

People only care about the numbers in the specsheet, if there's performance improvements to be made, nobody cares.
    A this point, i'm sure the smartphone comunity would like better a top Spec phone that lags, than a phone with mediocre specs that's fluid and responsive.
    Please. Iphones lag too. Good lord. Every computing product out there lags at one point or another. They also freeze... Gasp.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-02-14 11:22 AM
    You mean you want to see someone close an app and at the same time do something else? This will not happen. I'm quite sure this is designed to work in this specific way because when you close an app, the frames may have to be moved. Why on Earth would the UI allow you to do something while this is in progress??? It could cause undesired effects such as pressing on the wrong X or wrong app as things are being moved. This is not a Passport "bug" but is built into the OS programming for BB10 on all devices. If you don't like it, then I suggest you give BlackBerry such feedback on the Beta Zone but I for one prefer the current method as it prevents me from click on the wrong frame when I close one app and frames are being re-organized.

I'm on 10.3.1 and I'm unable to close an app and at the same time scroll to another screen. But note that I've never noticed this in my daily usage as that's now how I use my phone and only now noticed it only because it was pointed out.

What are quadcores and 3gb of ram for? Isn't it is to do stuff at the same time? There are countless things that you can do at the same time on the phone. I can download stuff while I can hear music while I'm texting, no problem, why isn't possible that the phone can't close an app in the background?

Have you seen my video? In my video there is NO active frame repositioning, yet it still lags. You can have a single app opened and when you close it (resulting in no active frames at all) it still lags. So your point of moving the active frames is invalid
    11-02-14 11:32 AM
    Perhaps the PP higher PPI contributes to the "lags"? Comparing phones with lower PPI might not be conclusive?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 11:40 AM
    Perhaps the PP higher PPI contributes to the "lags"? Comparing phones with lower PPI might not be conclusive?

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to see a direct comparison with one of the S4 devices - my recent memory of the Z30 is of it behaving better overall than the Passport but that might not be accurate.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 11:44 AM
    Please. Iphones lag too. Good lord. Every computing product out there lags at one point or another. They also freeze... Gasp.

You just don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 11:45 AM
    I'm not seeing lag. I'm seeing unresponsiveness but I can't tell if it's missing the "x" or not touching the screen when swiping. It could be a bug. It doesn't look like a bug on the screen awakening though. I didn't get the transition every time on my Z10 when I had it either. I'm not saying you're not telling the truth OP. I'm just saying your issues seem pretty minor and due in part to slightly spastic behavior. I use a nexus 5 currently. I also get moments of unresponsiveness sometimes. I get it on my computer too. Good luck with getting it ironed out though.

thymaster likes this.
    11-02-14 11:46 AM
    You just don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    It's possible I don't agree with you yes. It's possible this is something that can be fixed as well. But my response was quite accurate given the post I was responding too. Consider context and you might find I get it better than you thought.

11-02-14 11:48 AM
    I'm not seeing lag. I'm seeing unresponsiveness but I can't tell if it's missing the "x" or not touching the screen when swiping. It could be a bug. It doesn't look like a bug on the screen awakening though. I didn't get the transition every time on my Z10 when I had it either. I'm not saying you're not telling the truth OP. I'm just saying your issues seem pretty minor and due in part to slightly spastic behavior. I use a nexus 5 currently. I also get moments of unresponsiveness sometimes. I get it on my computer too. Good luck with getting it ironed out though.

Thanks for your suggestion but as you mentioned if something happens sometimes, and other it does not, that's unpredictable behaviour from the OS and is a problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 11:51 AM
    My goodness, Deckard69......
    Get over yourself already.. you've made a point with your particular Passport!
    It seems like you just want everybody to accept the fact that Passport lags when clearly many other people said they have no issues.
    You still don't believe it and you are asking them to post a video like they got nothing better to do?
    What are you a little kid that just have to see a Santa to see if he's real or not?
    If you are having an issue that's extremely bothering you then disassemble your device and do whatever you got to do since you are such an expert.
    You and Jose Olive should meet up somewhere and get to the very bottom of this "lag" case step by step and try to come up with a solution that will eventually have you guys hug each other at the end with a huge smile on the face.
    thedose likes this.
    11-02-14 11:56 AM
    My goodness, Deckard69......
    Get over yourself already.. you've made a point with your particular Passport!
    It seems like you just want everybody to accept the fact that Passport lags when clearly many other people said they have no issues.
    You still don't believe it and you are asking them to post a video like they got nothing better to do?
    What are you a little kid that just have to see a Santa to see if he's real or not?
    If you are having an issue that's extremely bothering you then disassemble your device and do whatever you got to do since you are such an expert.
    You and Jose Olive should meet up somewhere and get to the very bottom of this "lag" case step by step and try to come up with a solution that will eventually have you guys hug each other at the end with a huge smile on the face.
    There's so many forum members on here reporting this and similar issues so what you're saying isn't only unfairly dismissive of me, but of all those other users.

And your first post here is a personal attack rather than adding anything.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:02 PM
    There's so many forum members on here reporting this and similar issues so what you're saying isn't only unfairly dismissive of me, but of all those other users.

And your first post here is a personal attack rather than adding anything.

Posted via CB10
    Mr. Deckard69, first of all this isn't my first post here and second of all, I'm not here to add anything to your on-going issue with your Passport.

Many other members on here are having a zero issue like myself and fully satisfied with their Passport period.

You think I'm having a lag issue like you but secretly don't want to admit it because I just adore BlackBerry? No, I'm simply telling you as it is and it seems like you are having a very hard time trying to process that in your brain.
    buwee and thedose like this.
    11-02-14 12:09 PM
    Mr. Deckard69, first of all this isn't my first post here and second of all, I'm not here to add anything to your on-going issue with your Passport.

Many other members on here are having a zero issue like myself and fully satisfied with their Passport period.

You think I'm having a lag issue like you but secretly don't want to admit it because I just adore BlackBerry? No, I'm simply telling you as it is and it seems like you are having a very hard time trying to process that in your brain.
    Funny thing is that owners that have this issue already posted some videos, but there's still no prof of this "lag" not happening in other passports.

where's the video of the devices with no lag?

The OP is just discussing a bug in the OS there's nothing wrong with that. He's not bashing the passport, he's just pointing improvements that can be made and fixed
    11-02-14 12:14 PM
    Good God! - For those of you that are complaining about "lag" - why don't you people just do yourselves a favor by returning your phone and buying something else that doesn't "lag". I personally have not experienced any of the "lag" you speak of and in fact I was just commenting to a friend a few days ago about how laggy my supposedly powerful Samsung Note 3 is and I haven't even loaded any apps in it. As a side note I also have a Samsung Tab S that is far far more laggy than my PP so I just don't get it.
    thedose likes this.
    11-02-14 12:29 PM
    Funny thing is that owners that have this issue already posted some videos, but there's still no prof of this "lag" not happening in other passports.

where's the video of the devices with no lag?

The OP is just discussing a big in the OS there's nothing wrong with that. He's not bashing the passport, he's just pointing improvements that can be made and fixed
    Funny thing is I don't know what videos you are referring to other than a bunch of similar videos of demonstration by you and Deckard69? I clearly didn't see any other videos other than by you guys unless I missed one or two by other members? I think the "owners" that you are referring to that have posted videos are only you and Deckard69. I'm sure other members that are experiencing a similar issue will post a video if you ask them via PM.

Despite other members experiencing a similar lag issue like you guys, it seems like you two are the ones that's strongly bothered by this issue, which I can understand. However, when I look at you guys asking for a proof to other members, it's like you guys are at the supermarket complaining about a rotten milk and asking everybody else who've purchased it to bring it to the supermarket to prove that it's not rotten. I don't think not that many people will do that when they have no issues.

End of discussion period.
    11-02-14 12:30 PM
    Funny thing is I don't know what videos you are referring to other than a bunch of same videos of demonstration by you and Deckard69? I clearly don't see any other videos other than by you guys unless I missed one or two by other members?

With other members experiencing a similar lag issue like you guys, it seems like you two are the ones that's strongly bothered by this issue, which I can understand. However, when I look at you guys asking for a proof to other members, it's like you guys are at the supermarket complaining about a rotten milk and asking everybody else who've purchased it to bring it to the supermarket to prove that it's not rotten. I don't think not that many people will do that when they have no issues.

End of discussion period.
    That is completely wrong - I'm asking for a video showing a device behaving differently to help ascertain whether the problem I and many others here have is caused by software or hardware.

There are many on here for whom it is annoying, so please don't willfully exclude things. The thread is here to be read and the posts you are looking for (or avoiding) are in here.

You're welcome to contribute or end your discussion here but that isn't the case for everyone else wanting to contribute.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:35 PM
    Funny thing is I don't know what videos you are referring to other than a bunch of same videos of demonstration by you and Deckard69? I clearly don't see any other videos other than by you guys unless I missed one or two by other members?

With other members experiencing a similar lag issue like you guys, it seems like you two are the ones that's strongly bothered by this issue, which I can understand. However, when I look at you guys asking for a proof to other members, it's like you guys are at the supermarket complaining about a rotten milk and asking everybody else who've purchased it to bring it to the supermarket to prove that it's not rotten. I don't think not that many people will do that when they have no issues.

End of discussion period. --- The owner of the truth ...

yes those + all the users that reported back the same issue...

OP has been very polite, reported this issue, and all he wanted was to know if this issue was just him, or other passports have it aswell. Seems that other passports have it aswell. So now we want if is a OS issue, if it is, every passport should have it. Again OP has been very polite (a lot more than me)... You are the one that's jumping into the bash war. Why don't you contribute and show your "lag free passport"?

Is that big deal asking for a video on how the the lag free looks?

I believe that this is a OS optimization and that every passport has it, is a issue in the Code of the OS, so there's no reason to be in some passports and not in others, since they have the same hardware and software

Just me alone, posted 4 videos dismistifying possible causes, that's contribution, not what you're doing with your "voice of the truth".
    11-02-14 12:38 PM
    I've noticed hiccups on my Z30 as well (random delays in responding to input). It's definitely better in the 10.2 series than in 10.0, but it's still disappointing. I do hope 10.3.1 is more optimized and 10.4 (if it is ever created) continues the trend.

I do wish BB spent more time on cleanup and device optimization.
    Deckard79 likes this.
    11-02-14 12:41 PM
    I'm being polite because I want the thread kept open, and don't want people trying to sabotage it to get what they're after.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:43 PM
    That is completely wrong - I'm asking for a video showing a device behaving differently to help ascertain whether the problem I and many others here have is caused by software or hardware.

There are many on here for whom it is annoying, so please don't willfully exclude things. The thread is here to be read and the posts you are looking for (or avoiding) are in here.

You're welcome to contribute or end your discussion here but that isn't the case for everyone else wanting to contribute.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you are asking for a video showing a device behaving differently but have you got what you've asked for? No, so what are you going to do about it? Label them as a liar because they just don't want to video record their hands swiping the Passport to prove it to YOU like you are some kind of big shot? In my honest opinion. you just simply cannot accept the fact that other people are having no lag issues. I can understand because when something as beautiful as Passport is in your possession and it's starting to function inaccurately, you just wish that you aren't the only one.
    11-02-14 12:44 PM
    Well, you are asking for a video showing a device behaving differently but have you got what you've asked for? No, so what are you going to do about it? Label them as a liar because they just don't want to video record their hands swiping the Passport to prove it to YOU like you are some kind of big shot? In my honest opinion. you just simply cannot accept the fact that other people are having no lag issues. I can understand because when something as beautiful as Passport is in your possession and it's starting to function inaccurately, you just wish that you aren't the only one.
    This is back into personal attack territory - where did I call anyone a liar?

Answer - nowhere.

Look, if you don't like this thread can you just post elsewhere?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:46 PM
    He asked for a video, didn't demand one... Don't twist things the way you want. He even asked videos of other BB10 models to see if it happens aswell.

This "bug" happens when you use the device in a particular way, so the users that say that don't have this "bug" could not be doing it the exact same way. That's why is legit to show a video, the same way I did my videos, to make sure I was doing things right, and to make sure situations are comparable. Because if the users takes a just a bit longer, they won't experince the "lag"

If we have a defective passport, we can trade it back... so there's no reason to be jealous, we just want to know if everybody has it or not. if happens in every device, etc
    11-02-14 12:53 PM
    yes those + all the users that reported back the same issue...

OP has been very polite, reported this issue, and all he wanted was to know if this issue was just him, or other passports have it aswell. Seems that other passports have it aswell. So now we want if is a OS issue, if it is, every passport should have it. Again OP has been very polite (a lot more than me)... You are the one that's jumping into the bash war. Why don't you contribute and show your "lag free passport"?

Is that big deal asking for a video on how the the lag free looks?

I believe that this is a OS optimization and that every passport has it, is a issue in the Code of the OS, so there's no reason to be in some passports and not in others, since they have the same hardware and software

Just me alone, posted 4 videos dismistifying possible causes, that's contribution, not what you're doing with your "voice of the truth".
    lol yeah, you BELIEVE and it can only get you so far.

You are just too stubborn that you simply cannot accept other people's perfectly fine Passport.

I can't even imagine how many bad products that you have in your house and you just BELIEVE everybody else is having a same problem.

I bet you BELIEVE that your grammar is ON POINT

I'm out of here, good luck to you and YOUR Passport, Jose.
    thedose likes this.
    11-02-14 12:54 PM
    I sold my Q10 to a close friend, so next time I'm with him, I'm going to see if this "bug" happens in the Q10 aswell
    11-02-14 12:58 PM
    lol yeah, you BELIEVE and it can only get you so far.

You are just too stubborn that you simply cannot accept other people's perfectly fine Passport.

I can't even imagine how many bad products that you have in your house and you just BELIEVE everybody else is having a same problem.

I bet you BELIEVE that your grammar is ON POINT

I'm out of here, good luck to you and YOUR Passport, Jose.
    I'm waiting for your contribution to the thread... so far you're just another "owner of the truth"... At least I have a "imperfect" passport, I'm sure is still better than your passport

I'm Portuguese, my english might not be perfect, but I'll start to talk with you in Portuguese and see how do you fare
    11-02-14 12:59 PM
    I sold my Q10 to a close friend, so next time I'm with him, I'm going to see if this "bug" happens in the Q10 aswell
    The two people I know with Z devices have the same issues periodically. A side by side comparison would be good though. Another poster detailed some other instances where the UI consistently fails to respond so need to try and replicate (the others have seemed pretty random to me but there's probably similar routines behind most of them).

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 01:03 PM
351 ... 7891011 ...