I think there is an unlock glitch on occasion. Happens to me. But all else very good. Hope they correct that one oddity.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-02-14 08:12 AM
    So we should be glad that we buy a phone that simply has a screen with color and camera, because in the old days they were only black and white LCD's.... oh... we should be glad that we have a mobile phone at all, they didn't exist when I was born...

/sarcasm
    Why are you taking such extreme positions? This is not what the poster was saying and I would think it is obvious.

So why are you exaggerating things to make them seem worse than they are?

The OP's video shows what it shows. It is not, as you claim, just a matter of opening and closing apps in a normal usage pattern. It is opening and closing apps in a helter skelter fashion. This is a stress test that does not reflect typical behaviors.

Curious how, like most of these complaint threads, they are kept alive by one or two posters who have a high percentage of the overall posts. To me this suggests that Passport owners don't notice or care about this issue.

Posted via CB10
    thedose and wincyUt like this.
    11-02-14 08:24 AM
    No work can get done when all one is doing is opening and closing apps as fast as one can. This is obvious. Please explain what work is getting done in OP's video or even what work COULD get done.

What percentage of the posts in this thread are yours? Why is that?

Posted via CB10
    As explained numerous times, this is only one example and one which I only chose because it was easy to replicate consistently. Loads of other posters have given further examples of the same.

Closing then swiping is a pretty common scenario anyway if you want to exit one app and do something else.

That's also been explained.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:52 AM
    I have tried the device of a friend and I yes, there are some lags like the video, i think is not in all BlackBerry Passport, not to mano people are saying this, but is there in some devices, i hope the next os update will fix it.
    Is funny to see how is some people for here, they just are fanatic, why not to accept that may be this but exist, and not to say you just dont know to press the screen... eheheh

Owner of BlackBerry Z10
    11-02-14 08:53 AM
    As explained numerous times, this is only one example and one which I only chose because it was easy to replicate consistently. Loads of other posters have given further examples of the same.

Closing then swiping is a pretty common scenario anyway if you want to exit one app and do something else.

That's also been explained.

Posted via CB10
    Really? What are those other examples?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:55 AM
    No work can get done when all one is doing is opening and closing apps as fast as one can. This is obvious. Please explain what work is getting done in OP's video or even what work COULD get done.

What percentage of the posts in this thread are yours? Why is that?

Posted via CB10
    The video is demonstration of the problem similar to what happens in real world use... do you want him to call his boss in front if you after it to be real work?

Again, you must be really slow... I don't need to be as fast as i can to experience OP's lag....

what's the problem with my post in this thread? Most of them are actually replying to you better question: why do you have so many posts in this thread if you don't even share the problem?
    11-02-14 08:59 AM
    I have tried the device of a friend and I yes, there are some lags like the video, i think is not in all BlackBerry Passport, not to mano people are saying this, but is there in some devices, i hope the next os update will fix it.
    Is funny to see how is some people for here, they just are fanatic, why not to accept that may be this but exist, and not to say you just dont know to press the screen... eheheh

Owner of BlackBerry Z10
    Some seem to think reporting a bug is a bad idea and we should all be perfectly satisfied with what we have.

Personally I take the view that if you inform developers of bugs they might not be aware of, it gives them the opportunity to improve things.

Posted via CB10
    deltact likes this.
    11-02-14 08:59 AM
    I have watched review videos and seen the same missed inputs by many of the testers. Trying to close apps I see them touching the x multiple times.

The problem highlights a problem in the OS prioritization that needs to be fixed. What is the advantage of doing it the way BB does which creates the slight lag? I know the downside of doing it the way BB is doing it. You get lag in certain situations. So what is the advantage of doing it the way BB is doing it? If we know the advantages it may offset the slight lag in these certain situations. I don't think animations should ever be more important than the touch inputs.
    Deckard79 likes this.
    11-02-14 09:01 AM
    Really? What are those other examples?

Posted via CB10
    You just need to read other people's posts - they're littered throughout the thread.

Also, you can see the device in my video not responding to the first unlock attempt, and failing to show any animation to the second. You'll also see failure to register several close requests.

Are these all completely irrelevant as well as everyone else's?
    11-02-14 09:02 AM
    You just need to read other people's posts - they're littered throughout the thread.

Also, you can see the device in my video not responding to the first unlock attempt, and failing to show any animation to the second. You'll also see failure to register several close requests.

Are these all completely irrelevant as well as everyone else's?
    Okay. This is how I can show that this is user error.

To unlock, you need to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Your first try was from well above the bottom. Your second try worked because you did it properly.

So what are those other examples?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:06 AM
    Okay. This is how I can show that this is user error.

To unlock, you need to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Your first try was from well above the bottom. Your second try worked because you did it properly.

Posted via CB10
    The second attempt failed to show any animation whatsoever which is another common occurrence and one which backs the fact that the UI lags.

In fact, the UI lag from coming out of lock has been acknowledged by BlackBerry and has come and gone in numerous releases. I'm actually quite sure you know this already because you've been on this forum a long time (and I agree with you on a lot of other subjects).
    11-02-14 09:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have provided three that are exhibited in this video. Again, you only need to read the thread and posts from other users. I shouldn't have to compile them all into one post for you.
    11-02-14 09:10 AM
    The second attempt failed to show any animation whatsoever which is another common occurrence and one which backs the fact that the UI lags.

In fact, the UI lag from coming out of lock has been acknowledged by BlackBerry and has come and gone in numerous releases. I'm actually quite sure you know this already because you've been on this forum a long time (and I agree with you on a lot of other subjects).
    No animation is ever shown when waking from a black screen. The animation is only shown when waking from the lock screen.

This is expected behavior you are complaining about.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:13 AM
    Thanks for not answering my question.

Posted via CB10
    Do you want me to go through the pages to count every post I made? I'm not your slave. If you want to know, guess what? do it yourself! What is the relation of the amount of posts I have to the existance of Lag in the phone?

But getting back to the topic of this thread (that is a lot more important than the amount of posts I have, but that you're very interested in by some reason...)
    I made another video for you, without "stressing" the system. If you can't work the phone at this speed, you have a problem somewhere...

Is this too fast? Is this not real world usage? isn't closing an app and swipe to the menu to open another one real world use? I tell you, I work on the phone much quicker than what you see in this video.
    11-02-14 09:15 AM
    No animation is ever shown when waking from a black screen. The animation is only shown when waking from the lock screen.

This is expected behavior you are complaining about.

Posted via CB10
    From black screen:

Initially turns on screen to lock, then shows animation from lock to desktop or app all during initial swipe.

I have no password so it goes straight to UI.

Try it.
    11-02-14 09:16 AM

Do you want me to go through the pages to count every post I made? I'm not your slave. If you want to know, guess what? do it yourself! What is the relation of the amount of posts I have with the existance of Lag in the phone?

But getting back to the topic of this thread (that is a lot more important than the amount of posts I have, but that you're very interested in by some reason...)
    I made another video for you, without "stressing" the system. If you can't work the phone at this speed, you have a problem somewhere...

Is this too fast? Is this not real world usage? isn't closing an app and swipe to the menu to open another one real world use? I tell you, I work on the phone much quicker than what you see in this video.
    To get to the hub from open apps, you need to swipe horizontally. You are not swiping horizontally.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:19 AM

Do you want me to go through the pages to count every post I made? I'm not your slave. If you want to know, guess what? do it yourself! What is the relation of the amount of posts I have with the existance of Lag in the phone?

Right so the animation finishes, and you'd expect the device to respond. And it doesn't.

Utterly clear and irrefutable.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-02-14 09:20 AM
    To get to the hub from open apps, you need to swipe horizontally. You are not swiping horizontally.

Posted via CB10
    Really?

He shows the exact same swipes registering before giving you his example. Come on.

If you are that convinced this is made up, just post a video of your Passport not doing this. I'm happy to accept that - just want to get to the bottom of it.
    11-02-14 09:21 AM
    From black screen:

Initially turns on screen to lock, then shows animation from lock to desktop or app all during initial swipe.

I have no password so it goes straight to UI.

Try it.
    If you swipe up fast enough, the animation is skipped.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:21 AM
    Really?

He shows the exact same swipes registering before giving you his example. Come on.
    Look closely at his swipes. Really. If I make swipes like that, I never get to the hub.

The gesture is supposed to be horizontal.

Posted via CB10
    chewblock and thedose like this.
    11-02-14 09:23 AM
    Try swiping your icons to either side - angular swipes are accepted (as they should be, because whilst holding a phone it's unlikely you will register perfect horizontal and vertical gestures).

You'll see it works in all but quite extreme angles.

So that isn't it, sorry.
    11-02-14 09:26 AM
    Again, you will have better luck with a HORIZONTAL gesture.

Posted via CB10
    Anyone here can post a video showing gestures that aren't perfectly horizontal registering just fine (when the UI isn't misbehaving like this).

Also, my video shows horizontal gestures.
    11-02-14 09:29 AM
    Try swiping your icons to either side - angular swipes are accepted (as they should be, because whilst holding a phone it's unlikely you will register perfect horizontal and vertical gestures).

You'll see it works in all but quite extreme angles.

So that isn't it, sorry.
    The kind of swipes shown in that video do no work.

Some amount of vertical input is tolerated but not that much.

Again, if you flip around the OS like a maniac, maybe your swipes and touches are not as accurate as they might be.

The video shows what the video shows.

When you set up the OS, the tutorial explains that a left/right swipe is needed to navigate.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:31 AM
    The kind of swipes shown in that video do no work.

Some amount of vertical input is tolerated but not that much.

Again, if you flip around the OS like a maniac, maybe your swipes and touches are not as accurate as they might be.

The video shows what the video shows.

When you set up the OS, the tutorial explains that a left/right swipe is needed to navigate.

Posted via CB10
    Right, guess I'll have to post a video then.

Hold on a minute.
    11-02-14 09:32 AM
    Why not take any swiping error possibility out of it. Post a video where the swipes are CLEARLY Horizontal but you are unable to navigate.

That will decide the issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:34 AM
351 ... 56789 ...