Does anyone have the inside scoop on whether BB will be offering a taller, slimmer analogue to the Passport similar to the image sometime in 2015?BlackBerry Passport Tall Edition-bb-a10.png
    10-29-14 02:46 PM
    That would be too top heavy. You couldn't hold it when typing.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.938
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-29-14 02:47 PM
    You could modify the weight distribution such that some of the heavier internals sit nearer the bottom, no? Plus, wouldn't this arrangement be very similar to the Typo Keyboard attachment, I didn't hear too many issues about top heavy in that case.
    10-29-14 02:53 PM
    Do a search on BlackBerry Visa/Victoria. This was a patent they recently filed.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.938
    10-29-14 03:00 PM
    Interesting concept, although i've never been a fan of sliding/hinged phones. I feel like the crowd who goes for a keyboard would prefer not to have it hidden away (not to mention the additional bulk that the slide action requires). The above would be close to a Classic I suppose, with the exception of having a bigger/better screen.
    10-29-14 03:10 PM
    I doubt that this will happen, seeing as how their current motto is "work wide" for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 03:47 PM
    I doubt that this will happen, seeing as how their current motto is "work wide" for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    "Work Wider" is much more suitable for a future tablet, IF they're going for offer one.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    10-29-14 03:51 PM
    it might simply be a matter of not branding it in the same product line as the passport (i.e don't call it the "passport tall edition", but rather give it its own category and slogan), so there is no infringement on the "work wider" slogan. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who uses a GS4/iP5 because of the screen size who wouldn't love to tack a real keyboard onto the thing... At least this way you'd still have the option to put it into regular pants pockets.

With respect to a tablet, I feel as though if BB can hit the target with a functional/modern enough phone, it negates the need to tread into the tablet space again (plus, having the passport in the phablet category already tests these waters some).
    10-29-14 03:59 PM
    That is one ugly passport. Android tried this with their "Droid Pro"

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-29-14 04:13 PM
    hardly a fair comparison to put a droid pro (2010) vs. a BB from 2015. Technology and market has changed drastically since then, with a clear transition towards bigger screens. not to mention, nobody can do a keyboard like BB, so it's no wonder that the droid pro was a flop.
    10-29-14 04:28 PM
    hardly a fair comparison to put a droid pro (2010) vs. a BB from 2015. Technology and market has changed drastically since then, with a clear transition towards bigger screens. not to mention, nobody can do a keyboard like BB, so it's no wonder that the droid pro was a flop.
    What? When did I make a internal hardware comparison? I'm just saying that it's ugly in my opinion. Plain and simple

10-29-14 06:47 PM
    If that was the only phone BlackBerry made, I'd switch to an old flip phone or something.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:22 PM
    You do realize that the reason it is called the Passport is because it shares the dimensions of an actual passport, right? It's brilliant as is. I am all about trying out different forms and it looks like the device in your picture would make more sense as a slider, otherwise it seems too tall. I'd love that if it were ever to exist however it should not share the Passport brand. The only possibility I can see for another 'Passport' is if they release an all touch style one of the exact same dimensions.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-29-14 07:34 PM
    You do realize that the reason it is called the Passport is because it shares the dimensions of an actual passport, right? It's brilliant as is. I am all about trying out different forms and it looks like the device in your picture would make more sense as a slider, otherwise it seems too tall. I'd love that if it were ever to exist however it should not share the Passport brand. The only possibility I can see for another 'Passport' is if they release an all touch style one of the exact same dimensions.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Which was in a Crackberry blog post as a member created photoshop job. In my opinion it would actually be pretty nice.

10-29-14 07:37 PM