Glad to hear its selling well. Though we will likely know... It would be nice to get USA sales numbers in 3-6 months.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-21-15 06:39 PM
    Maybe AT&T is taking the conservative approach and only stock really low amounts to see how well they sell. I'm sure they rather only sell out of the few that they had, then to keep a large amount on hand and then not sell anything. I'm sure they heard about Verizon and their exclusive deal with BBRY on the Z30. Most likely Verizon had a decent stock on hand and didn't sell them as well as they thought, and then moved the phone to online and phone orders for those die hard BBRY fans who really want them.

If AT&T sells out, they can just order you one and get it to you in a couple of days. That kind of sucks for the consumer that wanted to walk out with one, but better for AT&T to know they are making the sale and hopefully they can be nice and overnight the phone to the customer.

Hopefully people keep going into AT&T stores and asking for both the Classic and Passports to show that there is a demand for these phones and BBRY.
    02-21-15 07:08 PM
    Like others I doubt it was sold out. When I was going to buy one I asked if people had asked about the phone or had bought one and they told me they hadn't.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:16 PM
    I live in Virginia Beach. Pretty big city. On the 20th at 12:03 am. There was only one store that had the PP in stock. I confirmed this when stores opened. And that store only had one in stock. The also were/are the only place with a demo model. I went there today and got to play with it. beautiful phone. Ordered it and hopefully have it on Tuesday...

Posted via CB10
    They only had one to begin with? But yeah, I was able to finally play with both the Classic and PP. I thought for sure I was getting the Classic but after playing with the PP and its not as big as I thought and the touch keyboard is outstanding, now I'm not sure which one.
    02-21-15 07:20 PM
    I can't imagine that BlackBerry would go to the trouble of doing a redesign of the phone unless AT&T agreed to buy enough of them to make that profitable. So hopefully the Passport is continuing to make BlackBerry a good pile of money. I am really happy with my current passport, but i'm sure that in a couple of years I'll be hoping for a passport II.
    sk8er_tor and tg1 like this.
    02-21-15 07:21 PM
    I went to a store and asked if they had any new blackberrys. Person told me " none for displsy purposes". I said thanks and walked out
    02-21-15 07:23 PM
    Sold out of how much stock?
    02-21-15 07:25 PM
    Still none available at stores in my area. I found 1 store with Classics. City with 1 Million people and no BB's and OOS online. Hmm.
    02-21-15 07:34 PM
    I had to make a 100-mile round trip to buy the only 2 Passports that 1 of 4 stores had in the ENTIRE Northern Illinois area had. Prior to that:

-Had a girl at a Buy Buy Mobile tell me "I've never even had a BlackBerry in my store"
    -Had a Best Buy store tell me "Those are factory unlocked phones and we don't sell factory unlocked phones." (they're not)
    -Pretty much every AT&T store has the Classic. Doubt that will sell.

So, I made my 90 minute drive only to have to do the whole Q&A thing from the ignorant sales rep today, like "wow, I don't even know how to activate a BlackBery- do you?" and "wow, you must be a die-hard BlackBerry user?" and "wow, you must have been waiting a LOOONG time for a new BlackBerry to come out, huh?". (all true) Wanted to tell him "Just STFU and activate my GD phone already!" He tried to make me feel like a leper, but it didn't work. That's why I'm doing what I do and he's working retail selling junk Android phones.
    02-21-15 08:01 PM
    I had to make a 100-mile round trip to buy the only 2 Passports that 1 of 4 stores had in the ENTIRE Northern Illinois area had. Prior to that:

-Had a girl at a Buy Buy Mobile tell me "I've never even had a BlackBerry in my store"
    -Had a Best Buy store tell me "Those are factory unlocked phones and we don't sell factory unlocked phones." (they're not)
    -Pretty much every AT&T store has the Classic. Doubt that will sell.

So, I made my 90 minute drive only to have to do the whole Q&A thing from the ignorant sales rep today, like "wow, I don't even know how to activate a BlackBery- do you?" and "wow, you must be a die-hard BlackBerry user?" and "wow, you must have been waiting a LOOONG time for a new BlackBerry to come out, huh?". (all true) Wanted to tell him "Just STFU and activate my GD phone already!" He tried to make me feel like a leper, but it didn't work. That's why I'm doing what I do and he's working retail selling junk Android phones.
    90 minute drive to buy 2 phones? You know you can order them online, right?
    logger4942 likes this.
    02-21-15 08:08 PM
    In some parts of Illinois 90 minutes is just a few miles away. Got stuck in traffic, fun paying to park on the turnpike

Just saw the 100 mile remark, that is far more than 90 minutes in his Chicago area. Hope he made sure that the phones worked
    �I am what I am, and that's all that I am.�
    02-21-15 08:10 PM
    No he could not. Out of stock online as of this morning. Unless of course your talking about the OG Passport.
    02-21-15 08:12 PM
    Had to go into a store to take care of other lines for non-BlackBerry related stuff, too. Also, I like buying in person so I can at least try it before I buy. And "you can buy online" shouldn't be a valid excuse by AT&T, the "exclusive" US carrier for the device that was released last year.
    02-21-15 08:49 PM
    Had to go into a store to take care of other lines for non-BlackBerry related stuff, too. Also, I like buying in person so I can at least try it before I buy.
    You're right. My apologies.
    02-21-15 08:56 PM
    I did an search of AT&T in the Houston area and the closest store with a Passport is over 7 miles away--and it had only a single Passport. This is highly unusual for AT&T in terms of inventory, so I think that this might be the same very conservative approach of stocking with very small volumes and then claiming to be "sold-out."
    02-21-15 09:13 PM
    Dude,..I'd hardly call "not having adequate new release stock available",...as SOLD OUT! More like,...what-da-hell!

I called 4 stores and visited 2 and there were none in stock,....not only that,..the stores I visited didn't get any in stock. One AT&T rep check availability at several area stores and their stock levels for the Passport was a whopping "0",...yeah,...zero!

I'd put this in the "Fail" column if I were AT&T and Blackberry!
    boi2012 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    02-21-15 09:17 PM
    Theres not a single Passport stock in my area or a 1+ hr away from me.
    02-21-15 09:17 PM
    If buying unlocked on AT&T is it the same as buying on Amazon unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:21 PM
    If buying unlocked on AT&T is it the same as buying on Amazon unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    No the AT&T is only found on AT&T and locked to that carrier. You can use the one from Amazon Unlocked on AT&T.
    02-21-15 09:30 PM
    I'd put this in the "Fail" column if I were AT&T and Blackberry!
    Absolutely. This is just as much John Chen's fault as it is AT&T's. How do you let a company in a failing market get an EXCLUSIVE contract, bring the product to market 5 months late and then not make sure there's enough supply? Sorry, but anything good that Chen has done until now is out the window.
    02-21-15 09:33 PM
    Well they did already miss out on a couple HUNDRED THOUSAND sales by delaying it for a redesign so if it doesn't sell well it will be no one but att's fault...

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:52 PM
    You guys are crazy. This is the perfect launch. The Classic is obviously going to be the easier sell simply because of form factor and enterprise. As for the Passport, AT&T has their redesign which would require them to order a minimum amount so it is profitable for BlackBerry.

The fact that the Passport is even in stores at all is excellent. Start off slow in select markets to get a grip on demand. It also seems like AT&T is sold out online. Remember that the Passport is completely new and unconventional. I'm sure AT&T ordered the minimum, but having demos in stores next to the Classic is very promising if the Passport sales pick up.

I'm hoping sales are far exceeding AT&T estimates and if that is the case you will see more stores on board and possibly some promo. The rollout is going well... I am glad that many stores have demos and the online sellout is a good sign. Hopefully they sellout in stores as well. The only issue I see at the moment is lack of accessories for this model. The more sold, the more accessories will come.

Also, while some are saying the Passport has been out for months, most in the US don't know this and don't care. Specs exceed most devices. This is exactly how this type of device should be launched, with caution. We all know the initial sales the first day were great, but I think AT&T seems behind both devices with the Classic almost everywhere and the Passport demand being tested.

The Passport is not your normal slab, it is an oddball out, but I believe AT&T will be pleasantly surprised with sales and will ramp up production if the demand is there. The specs are plenty enough on the Passport to keep it relevant for a while as this is going on. I'd say that this launch is a success and could lead to greater things. AT&T has to test demand.

I honestly expected online sales only. Hoping every freakin store sells out on the Passport this weekend showing AT&T the potential for this device! I applaud Chen and AT&T also for having a case and screen protectors knowing their device is "special". The next few weeks should be interesting and if we see a white AT&T Passport eventually show up we'll know that sales are going pretty well.

At this point we'll see how much stock gets replenished and if more stores get the device. Very satisfied with the launch!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:13 PM
    You guys are crazy. This is the perfect launch. The Classic is obviously going to be the easier sell simply because of form factor and enterprise. As for the Passport, AT&T has their redesign which would require them to order a minimum amount so it is profitable for BlackBerry.

The fact that the Passport is even in stores at all is excellent. Start off slow in select markets to get a grip on demand. It also seems like AT&T is sold out online. Remember that the Passport is completely new and unconventional. I'm sure AT&T ordered the minimum, but having demos in stores next to the Classic is very promising if the Passport sales pick up.

I'm hoping sales are far exceeding AT&T estimates and if that is the case you will see more stores on board and possibly some promo. The rollout is going well... I am glad that many stores have demos and the online sellout is a good sign. Hopefully they sellout in stores as well. The only issue I see at the moment is lack of accessories for this model. The more sold, the more accessories will come.

Also, while some are saying the Passport has been out for months, most in the US don't know this and don't care. Specs exceed most devices. This is exactly how this type of device should be launched, with caution. We all know the initial sales the first day were great, but I think AT&T seems behind both devices with the Classic almost everywhere and the Passport demand being tested.

The Passport is not your normal slab, it is an oddball out, but I believe AT&T will be pleasantly surprised with sales and will ramp up production if the demand is there. The specs are plenty enough on the Passport to keep it relevant for a while as this is going on. I'd say that this launch is a success and could lead to greater things. AT&T has to test demand.

I honestly expected online sales only. Hoping every freakin store sells out on the Passport this weekend showing AT&T the potential for this device! I applaud Chen and AT&T also for having a case and screen protectors knowing their device is "special". The next few weeks should be interesting and if we see a white AT&T Passport eventually show up we'll know that sales are going pretty well.

At this point we'll see how much stock gets replenished and if more stores get the device. Very satisfied with the launch!
    Do you work for AT&T? lol
    312 and Wbrian like this.
    02-21-15 10:16 PM
    I bet the lot of AT&T Passport were all bought by member's of CrackBerry.
    312 likes this.
    02-21-15 10:42 PM
    Do you work for AT&T? lol
    Haha no, not at all... just think it makes more sense with the Passport to be cautious at first. There is nothing like it, even with the mass appealing rounded corners and extra chin. They have the Classic in almost all corporate stores and some have the Passport along side it. If they sell out more stores will get them.

Hey, didn't the iPhone start out as a AT&T exclusive doomed to fail lol. Not saying the Passport will sell anywhere near that, but it doesn't need to. I think word of mouth will kick in all while AT&T restocks sold out stores and adds more Passports in other areas. The last thing BlackBerry needs is a write-down on devices.

Chen is not Thor... this is a good thing! AT&T ordered the minimum required for the requested changes and will see what sells. Hell, they had the exclusive firephone which ended up selling what less than 100,000... that is a disaster of a launch for Amazon with all the promo and news coverage. This is not!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:56 PM
113 1234 ...