Hello People !

Is it possible to use the standard Blackberry Sync Pod from the original Passort for my new Passport Silver?

It looks like, but I'm not sure but for me they look both the same.
    08-31-15 03:31 PM
    All the sync pods are the same just in different boxes.
    whatsever likes this.
    08-31-15 03:56 PM
    That's what I thought. Thanks B1aze

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 04:21 PM
    I disagree. I have 3 sync pods, for the Leap, the Classic and the Passport. None of the phones fits in any other sync pod except 'its own'. They differ by fractions of millimeters.

To be clear, the base of each pod is identical, but the phone adapters that latch into the base are different. So in theory one base and 3 adapters would work, however I have not yet found out how and where to buy these adapters.

Oh yes by the way, I would also like to know if the SE fits into the OG pod (adapter). Based on the images I would also say yes, but don't know for sure (SE not yet available where I live).

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 05:28 PM
    I disagree. I have 3 sync pods, for the Leap, the Classic and the Passport. None of the phones fits in any other sync pod except 'its own'. They differ by fractions of millimeters.

To be clear, the base of each pod is identical, but the phone adapters that latch into the base are different. So in theory one base and 3 adapters would work, however I have not yet found out how and where to buy these adapters.

Oh yes by the way, I would also like to know if the SE fits into the OG pod (adapter). Based on the images I would also say yes, but don't know for sure (SE not yet available where I live).

Posted via CB10
    I have the leap pp and the leap and pp both fit in the sync pod for the pp. The Classic has its own snyc pod I know the pp doesn't fit haven't tried the leap though to see if it fits in the classic sync pod

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 05:42 PM
    I disagree. I have 3 sync pods, for the Leap, the Classic and the Passport.
    Pretty sure Bla1ze was referring to only the Passports charging pod.
    08-31-15 06:39 PM
    I have the leap pp and the leap and pp both fit in the sync pod for the pp. The Classic has its own snyc pod I know the pp doesn't fit haven't tried the leap though to see if it fits in the classic sync pod

Posted via CB10
    They 'fit' but lack the support of the base on the back side of the phone. Which makes it a quite wobbly and insecure solution. Or they just don't fit because of not enough space between charging plug and base.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 01:15 AM
    Pretty sure Bla1ze was referring to only the Passports charging pod.
    I see, so the pods for the OG and the SE should be equal? Good news. So I won't have to buy me a fourth one.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 01:17 AM
    I see, so the pods for the OG and the SE should be equal? Good news. So I won't have to buy me a fourth one.

Posted via CB10
    Have two OG charging pods for the AT&T Passports in the house. Works great.
    09-01-15 07:33 PM
    Can the sync pod accommodate OG PP with the OEM hard cae?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:57 PM
    Case, that is.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:57 PM
    I'm pretty disappointed that the Sync Pod doesn't work with the Passport if you have the BlackBerry flip case on.
    It only fits if you remove the adapter, but it's really wobbly and not secure at all.
    10-14-15 10:43 PM
    I'm pretty disappointed that the Sync Pod doesn't work with the Passport if you have the BlackBerry flip case on.
    It only fits if you remove the adapter, but it's really wobbly and not secure at all.
    I agree, they should at least provide an adapter that fits the Passport when in the original OEM flip case.

I just got my pod yesterday, will likely make my own adapter or may get a holster case.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2789
    10-20-15 08:25 AM
    What about the the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Sync Pod could I use it for the Priv?
    05-07-16 01:09 PM
    Question for people who own this sync pod. It looks from the pictures that when the phone is in the dock that the bottom row of the PKB is inaccessible. In other words, if I wanted to type something while the phone is in the cradle, I couldn't unless the letters were only on the top 2 rows + VKB. Is that correct?
    10-13-16 06:49 PM
    All the sync pods are the same just in different boxes.
    Does this include the Priv?
    10-13-16 06:49 PM
    Question for people who own this sync pod. It looks from the pictures that when the phone is in the dock that the bottom row of the PKB is inaccessible. In other words, if I wanted to type something while the phone is in the cradle, I couldn't unless the letters were only on the top 2 rows + VKB. Is that correct?
    The pod does not cover the lower keys.
    10-13-16 07:19 PM
    Does this include the Priv?
    Read post #6
    10-13-16 07:20 PM
    The pod does not cover the lower keys.
    All the pics looks as though it does.
    10-13-16 07:37 PM
    Read post #6
    I read it. It didn't mention the Priv.
    10-13-16 07:38 PM
    All the pics looks as though it does.
    It dose not. I use it often when i'm in bed. The Passport Pod will work for all the Passports Not sure if the Priv will work.
    Let me check my son's Priv and the Pod and get back to you in a bit.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-13-16 07:46 PM
    I read it. It didn't mention the Priv.
    Andy, The Passport Pod will work for the Priv. Charges and seat secure on the pod.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-13-16 07:52 PM