I have had my passport for approx 4 weeks now, however I have noticed a strange crackling and echoing coming from the loudspeaker when my alarm goes off in the morning. Sometimes it is just distorted by a small amount, other times the alarm is hardly recognisable. I seem to remember having a similar issue with my bold 9900 but cannot for the life of me remember how I fixed it. Can anyone help? Ps. I have contacted the company I bought it from and they are not interested as it is over 30 days old (just), needless to say blackberry don't seem to bothered either.

Posted via CB10
    dj saltiee nutsss likes this.
    11-11-15 04:30 PM
    I have had my passport for approx 4 weeks now, however I have noticed a strange crackling and echoing coming from the loudspeaker when my alarm goes off in the morning. Sometimes it is just distorted by a small amount, other times the alarm is hardly recognisable. I seem to remember having a similar issue with my bold 9900 but cannot for the life of me remember how I fixed it. Can anyone help? Ps. I have contacted the company I bought it from and they are not interested as it is over 30 days old (just), needless to say blackberry don't seem to bothered either.

Posted via CB10
    You are going to need to specify whether it is a Passport SE or an OG and maybe the manufacture date before anyone can help you.
    11-11-15 04:59 PM
    Apologies. The passport is the original black one, first boot recorded on device was 10th June 2015.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 04:28 AM
    Have you tried a different alarm tone first.
    To exclude the tone being the issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 05:11 AM
    Apologies. The passport is the original black one, first boot recorded on device was 10th June 2015.

Posted via CB10
    Which software number are you using? Was having the particular issue but not with alarm it would only arise when I watching videos for long time

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:36 AM
    I have tried several tones and about half have the problem. Some worse than others but it is intermittent so hard to say.

Software version Is 10.3.2.2474

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 12:11 PM
    I have carried out a back up, factory reset ans restore and problem seems to be resolved for now. Some of my contacts did not back up which is frustrating. All call logs etc are there but some numbers have changed to +44 format and as such the contact data has not been restored!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 03:50 PM
    I have tried several tones and about half have the problem. Some worse than others but it is intermittent so hard to say.

Software version Is 10.3.2.2474

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried an OS reload using BlackBerry Link?

It's strange that it's 50% of the tones.
    Have you tried going into BlackBerry music app that's on the phone to see what the amplifier is set at for play back?
    I'm not sure if the alarm goes thru that or not for audio playback, but if it does and it's set to some weird audio playback, that could be the issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 05:12 PM
    Thanks for the reply I will have to wait to see if it happens again. All good so far. Very strange issue though

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 05:48 PM
    Hi, any news? I have the same problem sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 03:54 AM