I am sure he will get it done!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-17 12:19 AM
    He needs only few Apps... so.... Yes!

I am sure he will get it done!

Posted via CB10
    Ummmm No....
    11-08-17 08:30 AM
    Please don't! The value of exclusivity goes up when fewer people use a product. Imagine how exclusive is any Apple or Droid product? As exclusive as a Honda owner. It's you and some other 150 million people. I just bought my second Passport off ebay - $124 for a brand new device. Heavy, solid, ultimately secure, seriously professional looking and performing device that does everything I need better than anything else out there in 2018 and does it in a way that makes me chuckle every time! I have four business apps installed and they run flawlessly. That's it. Passport for life!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-04-18 07:52 AM
    No. Not anymore since they announced that OS10 is gonna be discountinued next yr

Posted via CB10
    03-04-18 10:02 AM
    Not if you are new to the ecosystem. No!
    03-11-18 08:00 AM
    C'mon, Google Maps can't be considered leisure or entertainment app. And don't tell me it works properly on Passport, I don't want the 4.1 Android runtime, I'm in 2018 and I want things to work, not me work to make things work.

Passport running Sygic/Navigon combo here, depending on conditions. Perfect navigation every time. Wouldn't touch Google Maps with a ten foot pole!
    03-11-18 06:06 PM
    I'm not sure if this is still current and if the OP has made a decision. For the rest of people contemplating a PP, I have a PP SE its one of the best phones Ive ever owned, and I plug it in on occasion for nostalgic use.

Having said that I would stay away in 2018. don't buy one...its a 3 year old phone now, the PP Android runtime is getting too old to run updated apps, BBWorld is shutting down soon....the browser is getting increasingly unstable. I hear it often in the forum that some don't care about apps and just want the phone basics. But as the world gets connected I'm sure everyone will face a situation where they need a new app for a specific reason or another. Why put yourself at a disadvantage using your communication device with such limitations right out of the box?

Forget PP, just like I forgot about my BOLD when I bought myZ30..some things belong in the past. Buy a KEYONE or if you are on a budget pick up a new PRIV which is an absolute amazing phone. I use my PP as a travel companion device to my PRIV and its amazing, but as a primary device it is becoming beyond useless for the majority of users. Most people here on CB constantly rig their BB10 devices to keep their android apps running, but not everyone wants to spend the effort or time doing that, unless you're a techie who enjoys it.

This, from a die-hard BB and PP fan! Take it for what its worth.
    63MM likes this.
    03-11-18 07:06 PM
    I have one question for you guys, I understand the Passport is quite obsolete as a main device, but I want one not because of the apps or even to make calls or send email. I want one passport because it is supposed to have the best keyboard available on any mobile device. I can buy a new one (a white one) for less than 200 euros. I will use it without a SIM, to write papers, novels and also to read pdfs and epubs, do you think it is worth it to buy one to do just those things??

As far as I know there is no other ultra mobile device at this price point that has a PKB and allows me to write and read in such a small size, the gemini thinggie is WAY to expensive, and if I have to get something for 500 quid I may as well get a GPD Win 2 which is WAAAAAAAAY more powerful than the geminy in a similar size.

So should I get that passport as a mobile writing device? Do you think it may be worth it??

thanks and keep being awesome!!
    03-12-18 08:54 PM
    I have one question for you guys, I understand the Passport is quite obsolete as a main device, but I want one not because of the apps or even to make calls or send email. I want one passport because it is supposed to have the best keyboard available on any mobile device. I can buy a new one (a white one) for less than 200 euros. I will use it without a SIM, to write papers, novels and also to read pdfs and epubs, do you think it is worth it to buy one to do just those things??

As far as I know there is no other ultra mobile device at this price point that has a PKB and allows me to write and read in such a small size, the gemini thinggie is WAY to expensive, and if I have to get something for 500 quid I may as well get a GPD Win 2 which is WAAAAAAAAY more powerful than the geminy in a similar size.

So should I get that passport as a mobile writing device? Do you think it may be worth it??

I'd say getting a cheap passport as a mobile writing device would actually be a great idea, it's probably the best way to use it moving forward. Think of it more like a pocket PDA/Typewriter than a smartphone.
    However, I wouldn't put more than 100€ for one, maybe 150€ for an SE.
    03-13-18 03:55 AM

Quite obsolete as a main device. Wow! I'm using the passport every day as my main device and have no difficulty doing what I need. Why bother getting one if that is your opinion even only if it's to type on and not use with a sim. Welcome to crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-18 03:55 AM

Depends on your budget and expectations. By what you wrote, your expectations seem reasonable. Good luck on an inexpensive Passport.
    03-13-18 05:57 AM
    I was browsing the prices and wow...the SE is quite expensive, but probably the best for what I want it. The cheapest I've seen it is around 300 euros (370 usd) which put it dangerously near gemini territory...
    03-13-18 06:21 AM
    I was browsing the prices and wow...the SE is quite expensive, but probably the best for what I want it. The cheapest I've seen it is around 300 euros (370 usd) which put it dangerously near gemini territory...
    Putting 300€ for any BB10 device at this point is madness, imo.
    If you're gonna get one though, the PPSE makes the most sense due to its superior hardware, a bit more futureproof
    moonflyer likes this.
    03-13-18 07:50 AM
    yes, I believe so too, unfortunately, I wish they were a bit cheaper. 300 euro is really too much, already gemini territory
    03-13-18 08:04 AM
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, seriously. As I see it, the Passport is getting more and more obsolete as a "smartphone", I mean, app support is extremely limited, the BB appstore is about to close, and the phone itself lacks muscle for today's app environment because it is three years old. That said, I have very specific needs, and as I've said, I want to use it mainly as a reading/writing (mainly writing) device, for which it seems to be perfect, or beyond that, no other device, not even the upcoming gemini seem to be better for that purpose than the Passport. Perfect size, long battery (even longer without simcard) superb keyboard, etc. And the best thing is that it will keep being as awesome even after the last of support lines are cut. I'll say that I have plenty reasons to want one and post it here.
    03-13-18 08:05 AM
    Go to www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de
    It is a German web page. There you can find lots of devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-18 12:16 PM
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, seriously. As I see it, the Passport is getting more and more obsolete as a "smartphone", I mean, app support is extremely limited, the BB appstore is about to close, and the phone itself lacks muscle for today's app environment because it is three years old. That said, I have very specific needs, and as I've said, I want to use it mainly as a reading/writing (mainly writing) device, for which it seems to be perfect, or beyond that, no other device, not even the upcoming gemini seem to be better for that purpose than the Passport. Perfect size, long battery (even longer without simcard) superb keyboard, etc. And the best thing is that it will keep being as awesome even after the last of support lines are cut. I'll say that I have plenty reasons to want one and post it here.
    You’re not offending anyone if that person is thinking objectively and rationally. There was nothing inflammatory or derogatory in your explanation and thought process.
    03-13-18 12:40 PM
    I say go for it. If you can find one new for under 200 I say do it. Especially if you've never use one before it's worth it. I'm typing on my PP OG and it's the best BlackBerry keyboard in my opinion. I've played with the Keyone and it's nice but it doesn't compare to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-18 01:15 AM
    Putting 300€ for any BB10 device at this point is madness, imo.
    If you're gonna get one though, the PPSE makes the most sense due to its superior hardware, a bit more futureproof
    PPSE have the same hardware than the black one.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-18 04:54 AM
    I will keep mine als long as it will function as my super duper mobile pseudo pda laptop typewriter and email machine.

Better than any other device for this usage in this size and with this comfort.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-14-18 05:39 AM
    I will keep mine als long as it will function as my super duper mobile pseudo pda laptop typewriter and email machine.

Better than any other device for this usage in this size and with this comfort.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. A "Mobile-PDA-Pocket Laptop-Typewriter-e-mail-machine" is a more accurate description of the Passport in 2018, than "Smartphone"
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-14-18 06:01 AM
    I woke say NO, it does not. I use LinkedIn, PayPal, Bank account and Vodafone app only from Android apps. Since yesterday all Android apps stopped working. A green bar progress stopps around 80% when I lunch an app. Then the app unexpectedly goes away.

If anybody, who uses the smartphone for emails, Passport is the best choice. But definitely not for apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-18 06:47 AM
    If calls,text and email is good enough then go ahead. I still use mine but I don't do social media ( aka bitchfest) or twitter.

Posted via CB10
    It does a lit more than that. It's audio playback is exceptional, and much better than most of the phone's available today. It doesn't support all the streaming service apps, but for downloaded files it can't be beat.

It's also, by far, the best phone for reading ever released.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-20-18 08:04 AM
    I'd like to get a Passport SE just to play around with it. Never used one. But damn, the prices are too high. On one hand it's good that the SE isn't depreciating too fast, but I just can't stomach spending 400 CAD for one. The black passports can be had for cheap, but people selling the SE seem to think it's worth a lot more.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-20-18 09:10 AM
148 ... 3456