I have loved my Passport, but I would definitely NOT recommend it any longer. It's been fun but the party is over. I'll be moving to KEYone soon.
    I suppose if you can find one for $50 just to say you've owned one, that would be ok, but it's not even functioning properly on the networks any longer.
    It is simply done.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    mindedge likes this.
    11-01-17 07:26 PM
    I am loving it so much that I am buying one more. White one this time.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    11-01-17 08:45 PM
    I will buy also a new one if may Passport will be broken. I could also think at a KeyOne black, but.... I would miss the big square screen.

Of course also the perfect hub and the really fluid OS.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-02-17 01:04 PM
    BB10 forever for me. I bought 3 extra Passport SEs as spares in case my current one dies.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and ratfinkstooley like this.
    11-02-17 02:03 PM
    Everyone uses what meets his needs. Would not recommend Passport. I have Passport and PRIV. From Android applications, I installed only 2 that I needed. A few days ago my bank updated its application and it ceased to work for Passport.
    Bank's customers support team: "We no longer support Android 4.3." The End. Passport is an excellent smartphone. Undoubtedly! But his time has passed. In BBAndroid brought all the best that was in BBOS and BB10. Now I switched completely to PRIV. Yes, the Hub on Android and work with the mail can not be compared with Passport. However, having tested he K1 in the retailer's store, I was surprised to find that it is more convenient to work with letters than on PRIV. Affects the size of the screen. Continue on the topic of applications. I have a PRIV on the same applacations set as on my Passport + updated application of my bank. And I do not feel worse. On the contrary, I lost the sense of limitation "Suddenly it will not work?" "Again download from Snap?" So you can go crazy. BB10 EOL. Everyone knows this. Why strangle yourself if you can breathe deeply and go forward?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-04-17 03:43 PM
    Don't, unless you collect phones and want a masterpiece of art in your collection. Because you know, the party is over but this is one-of-a-kind phone, like that there won't be anything else (a Passport with Android will be another thing).
    Qorax likes this.
    11-05-17 04:00 PM
    If calls,text and email is good enough then go ahead. I still use mine but I don't do social media ( aka bitchfest) or twitter.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-05-17 04:39 PM
    No end in sight for lucky me. The Sony tablet could be upgraded soon.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    11-05-17 05:12 PM
    If calls,text and email is good enough then go ahead. I still use mine but I don't do social media ( aka bitchfest) or twitter.

Posted via CB10
    Passport can do so much more : social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram...), YouTube videos, playing music, ebooks reader...

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-05-17 06:51 PM
    I purchased one more just now. Had a Black, now the White too. And am hereon looking for the Red as well.

So yes, there are many folks like me for whom the BB-Passport is a fantastic mobile phone. Does everything that I need. And in class!
    11-05-17 07:00 PM
    I purchased one more just now. Had a Black, now the White too. And am hereon looking for the Red as well.

So yes, there are many folks like me for whom the BB-Passport is a fantastic mobile phone. Does everything that I need. And in class!
    Unfortunately, not many enough to keep BB10 alive.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-05-17 10:04 PM
    Unfortunately, not many enough to keep BB10 alive.
    Absolutely true. And a sad truth indeed. However, if you like its looks, and it works (for you and many others), why not give it a try? Especially since the current prices are down to earth.
    11-05-17 10:10 PM
    Absolutely true. And a sad truth indeed. However, if you like its looks, and it works (for you and many others), why not give it a try? Especially since the current prices are down to earth.
    Unless the person cannot afford to spend money on play/extra device. Anyone buying device now has to understand device is no longer satisfactory primary device.
    Sick Viscous likes this.
    11-05-17 11:00 PM
    ...Anyone buying device now has to understand device is no longer satisfactory primary device.
    For who? Not everyone. There are tons of us for whom the BB-Passport is a perfectly satisfactory standalone phone. It is still being purchased everywhere. For sure we are some minuscule numbers - but then Blackberry as a whole has been minuscule for a while.

IMO, the Passport and Priv are the only two devices which are true head turners They do have a shock-n-awe effect on any and everyone nearby. In a good way. Passport especially has that wow factor!
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-06-17 05:34 AM
    For who? Not everyone. There are tons of us for whom the BB-Passport is a perfectly satisfactory standalone phone. It is still being purchased everywhere. For sure we are some minuscule numbers - but then Blackberry as a whole has been minuscule for a while.

IMO, the Passport and Priv are the only two devices which are true head turners They do have a shock-n-awe effect on any and everyone nearby. In a good way. Passport especially has that wow factor!
    For anyone that has to start a thread about whether the phone is buying or not. People that aren't familiar with the problems of BB10 that we know about or the problems with the Passport itself.

The device and the OS aren't supported anymore from an unfamiliar person's user perspective.

Just like you think people are looking at you for the wow factor. Some of them are looking at you like your passport is a 80s brick phone...

If people are familiar with BB10 and the passport limitations, great. But we shouldn't mislead uninformed people asking honest questions. They deserve honest answers.
    mf1982 likes this.
    11-06-17 06:39 AM
    For anyone that has to start a thread about whether the phone is buying or not. People that aren't familiar with the problems of BB10 that we know about or the problems with the Passport itself.

The device and the OS aren't supported anymore from an unfamiliar person's user perspective.

Just like you think people are looking at you for the wow factor. Some of them are looking at you like your passport is a 80s brick phone...

If people are familiar with BB10 and the passport limitations, great. But we shouldn't mislead uninformed people asking honest questions. They deserve honest answers.
    EXACTLY.

The honest answer is, "yes, the BB-Passport is an amazingly good device, for most folks out there, even in 2017". And today the price is right as well.

If someone is logging onto Crackberry to inquire about it - s/he has half made up his/her mind already, most likely due its 'looks' and the affable price point. And is very likely that s/he is aware of the Blackberry doldrums too. Thus can be safely assumed that his/her mind is NOT on the latest and greatest - else s/he'd've hit the iPhone X or Pixel 2 button. As such, for his/her requirement/s - the BBP is more than efficiently sufficient.
    mikael11 likes this.
    11-06-17 07:05 AM
    EXACTLY.

The honest answer is, "yes, the BB-Passport is an amazingly good device, for most folks out there, even in 2017". And today the price is right as well.

If someone is logging onto Crackberry to inquire about it - s/he has half made up his/her mind already, most likely due its 'looks' and the affable price point. And is very likely that s/he is aware of the Blackberry doldrums too. Thus can be safely assumed that his/her mind is NOT on the latest and greatest - else s/he'd've hit the iPhone X or Pixel 2 button. As such, for his/her requirement/s - the BBP is more than efficiently sufficient.
    Not for most. When they can't load apps from Google Play Store, they're angry. "No Service Issues" on the Passport with no fix make them mad. They come here from Internet search for help, not fanboy BS....
    11-06-17 07:15 AM
    Oh, by the way...

...Some of them are looking at you like your passport is a 80s brick phone...
    80s brick phone? That's something which oozes ignorance beyond comprehension.

The Passport is different, unique, modern, so very futuristic. So what the bandwagon went ahead with slate slabs. There are tons of us who still would like to unfollow. And oh yes, it functions properly as well. May not be overtly smart - but a smartphone nonetheless.
    11-06-17 07:22 AM
    Oh, by the way...

80s brick phone? That's something which oozes ignorance beyond comprehension.

The Passport is different, unique, modern, so very futuristic. So what the bandwagon went ahead with slate slabs. There are tons of us who still would like to unfollow. And oh yes, it functions properly as well. May not be overtly smart - but a smartphone nonetheless.
    I owned my passport a long time. Probably before you did. I stopped using it a long time ago. Definitely before you did. I got tired of people looking at me as I was just making a phone call. They're just phones, not fashion statements.

When you walk out from the bathroom, with toilet paper hanging from your pants and belt, they're not staring and pointing at your excellent fashion sense and pin stripes.
    11-06-17 07:38 AM
    Not for most. When they can't load apps from Google Play Store, they're angry. "No Service Issues" on the Passport with no fix make them mad. They come here from Internet search for help, not fanboy BS....
    There is no fanboy here, and definitely not the next two alphabets that you used my dear good sir. And btw, Crackberry is supposed to be a Blackberry fan forum in any case.

Now the truth about:

1) Apps! Most folks who're considering a Blackberry Passport are not vigorously into apps. And whatever they need - are already there in the platform.

2) No service! Well, if the phone is running perfectly why do I need further service?

That said, ppl who are considering the Passport are also NOT into gaming, or for an overdose of media consumption, or high into social escapades. These are typically more matured folks (like me, I am 55) who's main criteria is to have reliable, secured and fast communication in an easy template. BB10 rocks in that front.

Like I said earlier, if s/he is young and restless - the Passport is NOT meant for that segment. There are plenty of other good options out there. But for a typical ol' Joe - the Passport does all the things he wants, in style.
    11-06-17 07:38 AM
    I owned my passport a long time. Probably before you did. I stopped using it a long time ago. Definitely before you did. I got tired of people looking at me as I was just making a phone call. They're just phones, not fashion statements.

When you walk out from the bathroom, with toilet paper hanging from your pants and belt, they're not staring and pointing at your excellent fashion sense and pin stripes.
    With that post I'd be stopping replying to you my dear friend. B'coz I understand we both are not in the same league or age bracket. If nothing else I'd never like to be uncouth. And definitely not in such company. God bless you!
    11-06-17 07:43 AM
    With that post I'd be stopping replying to you my dear friend. B'coz I understand we both are not in the same league or age bracket. If nothing else I'd never like to be uncouth. And definitely not in such company. God bless you!
    See what I mean. You only got me by 8 years. I'm 47. That's reality, it's all honesty. I'm secure in my choices. If you like your choices, great.

This was about being honest to less-informed people, thinking, somehow they're finding some great value, not understanding, there's no such thing as, to good to be true.

I don't know what league you're in. Me, I'm just a simple guy that doesn't want to mislead less-informed members...
    11-06-17 07:59 AM
    In the original post, they were inquiring about having needed apps. With that being the case, then no, the passport would probably not be the phone for them. As for others reading this, if apps are not needed then this is an excellent device. I have an iPhone 6 from work, with an app that I require, however, I have my calls forward to my passport and all emails on it as well. In my opinion, the iphone, and what I have seen and played with on android, they cannot compare for communications. That said, I have not used a blackberry/android yet as I don't know anyone with one and there are none in the stores in my area to play with. I am hopeful that by the time I need to retire this device, blackberry is still in the android market and that the hub is up to par with what I am used to. It seems to have a mixed review now, meeting some people's needs but not quite there for others.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-06-17 08:05 AM
    See what I mean. You only got me by 8 years. I'm 47. That's reality, it's all honesty. I'm secure in my choices. If you like your choices, great.

This was about being honest to less-informed people, thinking, somehow they're finding some great value, not understanding, there's no such thing as, to good to be true.

I don't know what league you're in. Me, I'm just a simple guy that doesn't want to mislead less-informed members...
    Chuck, you're wasting your time trying to convince these Fanbois that think everything that comes out of Waterloo smells like roses.

I used to recommend BB10, as far back as early 2015 for the last time. The wheels have fallen off since then, and the fact is that the BB10 OS is not worth recommending at this point or any point in the future, especially to someone of limited means who can't afford a play toy and a real phone. - for the record, the play toy is a BB10 device.

I have colleagues in your age bracket who wanted phones just to call occasionally or text once in a while. They ended up buying an iPhone, now these couple of years later are thrilled to be able to Facetime/Skype their grandkids across the country. That's not happening on Passport anymore.

The thing is, many people who don't know as much about phones will say they just want the basics. As soon as they get it and see the capabilities, they enjoy the fun aspects too.

Not everyone has the time or know how to load Patched apps and all that. For the general public, an Android or iPhone will meet their needs much better than a Passport.

I have been a Passport user since the week 2 flash sale and continue to use it to this day. I have other devices at home to fill the app gap, but it gets annoying carrying two devices or finding out an app won't work on my Passport, but will on an Android or iOS device a year or two older.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-06-17 08:46 AM
    Chuck, you're wasting your time trying to convince these Fanbois that think everything that comes out of Waterloo smells like roses.

I used to recommend BB10, as far back as early 2015 for the last time. The wheels have fallen off since then, and the fact is that the BB10 OS is not worth recommending at this point or any point in the future, especially to someone of limited means who can't afford a play toy and a real phone. - for the record, the play toy is a BB10 device.

I have colleagues in your age bracket who wanted phones just to call occasionally or text once in a while. They ended up buying an iPhone, now these couple of years later are thrilled to be able to Facetime/Skype their grandkids across the country. That's not happening on Passport anymore.

The thing is, many people who don't know as much about phones will say they just want the basics. As soon as they get it and see the capabilities, they enjoy the fun aspects too.

Not everyone has the time or know how to load Patched apps and all that. For the general public, an Android or iPhone will meet their needs much better than a Passport.

I have been a Passport user since the week 2 flash sale and continue to use it to this day. I have other devices at home to fill the app gap, but it gets annoying carrying two devices or finding out an app won't work on my Passport, but will on an Android or iOS device a year or two older.

Posted via CB10
    Amen!!!!!!!!
    11-06-17 08:50 AM
148 12345 ...