OP, I still happen to enjoy my Passport SE as my messaging communicator, and I highly recommend one. However, for apps I use an old iPhone 6 Plus whose camera no longer works. That's why I also have a Pixel. If you need apps I suggest a cheaper iPhone like the SE or 7, the latter coming in two cool black colors, to pair up with the Passport SE. It'd be a great combo. I've owned Windows Phones before, and the OS has the same app problem that BB10 has. I think you'd like BB10 for messaging, but also only if you accept it's limitations. Hence, the dual decide solution. Good luck!

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    But it you only wanted to pay for ONE.... which would it be?

I know a few here don't mind paying for multiple devices and even multiple plans to keep their BlackBerry fix going. For the average user that only wants a single device.... I don't see the Passport as a viable option, as it's future usability is unknown and it's current one is very limited.
    10-20-17 11:52 AM
    Depends on your usage and requirements for a phone. For most people no not worth it, but if would like to experience something different, I think yes.
    10-20-17 11:53 AM
    I think so. I love the Passport - best phone ever. If you're a huge app user then maybe not.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-21-17 01:04 AM
    Passport is the best device!!

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-21-17 03:40 AM
    Sure it's worth it. That's as long as you remember it's a no longer supported OS BB10 which hasn't been updated in 12-18 months and the hardware is 4years old. Remember that it's Android Runtime is stuck on 4.3 Jellybean.
    10-21-17 05:00 AM
    If the price is right.....
    10-25-17 12:41 AM
    Sure it's worth it. That's as long as you remember it's a no longer supported OS BB10 which hasn't been updated in 12-18 months and the hardware is 4years old. Remember that it's Android Runtime is stuck on 4.3 Jellybean.
    More like 36 months at this point.... 10.3.2 was "out" back at the end of 2014. Might not have been widely released until Jan, but that doesn't change that Chen pulled the plug on BB10 in 2014.

Technically some would say it did just get an update.... so the clock for them has been reset. Me, 10.3.2 was the last meaningful update....
    10-27-17 01:34 PM
    only if you want it to be a business phone with calls, texting, and emails. Optional apps are going to hell and they're not coming back
    10-27-17 01:46 PM
    But it you only wanted to pay for ONE.... which would it be?

I know a few here don't mind paying for multiple devices and even multiple plans to keep their BlackBerry fix going. For the average user that only wants a single device.... I don't see the Passport as a viable option, as it's future usability is unknown and it's current one is very limited.
    An iPhone, for the apps, camera, and iMessage in communicating with friends and family. Right now the 7 is a great value, I think. I'd pass on the X due to high cost, and I've read its screen isn't ideally optimized for pen use as the iPad Pro is. The XI will better compete with the Galaxy Note.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    10-27-17 11:03 PM
    Yup...Passport is definitely a step up from the Bold.
    10-28-17 05:56 PM
    Dont get a keyone or motion. Better wait for keyTwo or Three. In the mean time, get some cheap junk android that will be broken in a year or so.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    10-28-17 08:10 PM
    BlackBerry Passport is the best if you want to be Classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-17 05:19 AM
    I just realized the PP was launched only 3 years ago. In mobile years, it was ages ago. What an amazing phone though.
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    10-31-17 03:38 PM
    I just realized the PP was launched only 3 years ago. In mobile years, it was ages ago. What an amazing phone though.
    My thoughts exactly as I only purchased one over a week ago. Typing this on my dtek50 at the moment and realise I prefer the passport pkb 😎
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    10-31-17 03:47 PM
    I would say yes if the price is right (100-150 Euro, depending on the version ). I have been using the Black Passport for two years and just upgraded/replaced it with the Passport SE.

If you don't mind minor issues with some websites (not had the update to the latest OS version) and some android app's that need Play Services or 4.4+) you will be fine!

I bought mij new SE for €158,00 and combined it with a new Priv that costed me €222,00. Best of both worlds for a better price than a Keyone or Motion

Proud Owner of a Passport SE
    Qorax likes this.
    11-01-17 03:04 AM
    My thoughts exactly as I only purchased one over a week ago. Typing this on my dtek50 at the moment and realise I prefer the passport pkb
    The problem isn't the hardware, it's the software and ecosystem that's rapidly degrading at increasing rate. I'm sure there's a modern theorem describing why this happens similar to Moore's Law....

The "No Service" issue has become a problem for many and there's no published fix......
    11-01-17 07:11 AM
    The problem isn't the hardware, it's the software and ecosystem that's rapidly degrading at increasing rate. I'm sure there's a modern theorem describing why this happens similar to Moore's Law....

The "No Service" issue has become a problem for many and there's no published fix......
    I'll keep my fingers crossed and don't update the software just in case and enjoy it while I can, thanks.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-01-17 11:14 AM
    I recently switched from Android back to BB10. I had BB10 back in 2013 and loved it. Now as much as I hate android I miss the phone I had. My main gripe with BB10 right now is the browser sucking. It won't load some pages and the list is growing. I've found no android counterpart that works sufficiently to justify the resources it would consume. In short, I won't recommend BB10 to anyone who needs more than phone calls, text and email. I won't recommend android either. Android phones come with a maximum of 2 years of support. Apple, on the other hand, just released iOS 11 and the iPhone 5 got that update and it's 5 years old! That beats out any other smartphone manufacturer in terms of support. I will probably get a 6+ when I have the money.
    11-01-17 11:40 AM
    I recently switched from Android back to BB10. I had BB10 back in 2013 and loved it. Now as much as I hate android I miss the phone I had. My main gripe with BB10 right now is the browser sucking. It won't load some pages and the list is growing. I've found no android counterpart that works sufficiently to justify the resources it would consume. In short, I won't recommend BB10 to anyone who needs more than phone calls, text and email. I won't recommend android either. Android phones come with a maximum of 2 years of support. Apple, on the other hand, just released iOS 11 and the iPhone 5 got that update and it's 5 years old! That beats out any other smartphone manufacturer in terms of support. I will probably get a 6+ when I have the money.
    iPhone 5 did not get IOS 11 because it stopped at IOS 10.
    11-01-17 12:02 PM
    Quick Google search tells me the iPhone SE and 5S got 11, however it's a moot point as I will most likely get a 6+.
    11-01-17 12:06 PM
    My point being that Apple still leads the market in terms of device support, and is the only reason I am going to iPhone.
    11-01-17 12:09 PM
    I'm going to get the 6S Plus for the extra gig of ram.
    11-01-17 12:12 PM
    I've been given a 7 by a work client as it runs the citrix security bloatware they insist on running and it is horrible compared to the passport. Typing is a nightmare. It insists on defaulting to I.S. whenever I type 'is'. I cannot edit anything - especially in the first line of an email - without hitting some command or other. Screen is very pokey. Yes I can run apps but I am finding that life without apps is fine. I never bother much with them. And above all, I feel the thing tugging me into The Apple Life.

I also have to hide the iphone in public as I feel that discerning people will think I'm a **** if they see me using it.

The obvious bonus is the iphone camera (which is outclassed by most android cameras in and below the price point). As we know, the passport camera excels at outdoor landscape shots but if the subject is indoors and/or moving, forget it. But, as you've all probably guessed, I can live with that.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-01-17 04:38 PM
    My entire house is iPhoned. Wife's on iPhone-7, both kids (aged 14 & 15) on iPhone SE each, besides every other Apple gadget everywhere. However, I've been using a Nokia N9 since its launch, w/out any issues till date.

I had no clue of the BB-Passport (some marketing indeed!) until I noticed a colleague rocking one the other day - and instantly I fell in love with its looks. That's how I grabbed mine last weekend. A 'mint' unit from an online shop. And boy, am I thrilled!

Besides a cool looking gadget, I'm having no issues with its functioning. The OS is intriguing and the UI is splendidly done. I'm not much into apps - but whatever I need it is there in the BB World - and all work perfectly. The browser is blazing fast and the battery life is par excellence. Moreover, linkking it up with all my other devices is simplistically done, no headaches there at all. And the Hub, oh the Hub! That's uber cool - never thought life'd be so easy! Never had a Blackberry before you see.

I'm also loving the camera. In fact, am editing a video right now to showcase it's "low light" capabilities. Would upload it onto Youtube tonight. Overall, I am totally [beyond]pleased with my BBP - and would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

Sure it is not for everyone. No device is for that matter. Which is why we have choices. However,

1) if you want to be different,
    2) if you desire an OG Blackberry,
    3) if you're not deep into apps and games,
    4) if limited social presence is good enough to you,
    5) if productivity is your main forte,

Then the BB-Passport is more than efficiently sufficient for your needs, even in 2017. It is a lovely piece of kit!
    11-01-17 05:22 PM
    NO I wouldn't bother

get a keyone
    11-01-17 05:42 PM
148 1234 ...