The blackberry passport is still expensive despite having less than two years to live.

I love this phone. I just cant imagine not using it
    09-06-18 09:40 AM
    Supply and demand.....

At this point there isn't much Supply, but still some demand for it.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-06-18 10:01 AM
    anyone want to buy mine? Black OG.
    09-06-18 10:20 AM
    $60 CAD?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-18 05:15 PM
    How about £6?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-18 06:30 PM
    That is because it is a unique and cool phone. I actually have a couple of black ones that have never been used. I like the silver better. I actually stopped carrying it around cuz I like the portability of this q10 better and I got tired of using sim adaptors.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-06-18 07:56 PM
    I think the new silvers are all gone

Posted via CB10
    09-06-18 08:32 PM
    I think the new silvers are all gone

Posted via CB10
    Nah, they're all over the place from 3rd party retailers.
    09-06-18 11:13 PM
    Cost Price + Profit = Maximum selling price.
    09-07-18 02:10 AM
    Two years is probably about the average life expectancy of most smartphones, including £500+ offerings from Apple, Samsung etc.

The current price for a Passport in nice condition (£100 or less on eBay UK) is pretty good value IMO - if the ecosystem shortcomings are acceptable, the buyer is getting a phone with performance and build quality that would still cost you £300-400 for a new phone, at least.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-18 03:38 AM
    In germany you can get a used passport OG for around 100€. I got my second one for just 80€ and it was just 2 month old in may.
    The first one I bought was in march for 120€ new out of the box.
    I can't see that it is really expensive.
    09-07-18 05:22 AM
    in Aliexpress it goes for $170 or more while silver edition goes for $300. All refurbished.
    09-07-18 06:21 AM
    Expensive? Many used Passports sell for less than $200 CAD, which is pretty good in my opinion. Even the new, unused ones at around $300 is bargain in comparison to the 2018 flagships with their $1000+ price tags.😰
    09-07-18 07:54 PM
    Wish there was some clear direction from BlackBerry to let loyal users know what exactly will happen with the devices they sold them.
    09-07-18 08:10 PM
    Wish there was some clear direction from BlackBerry to let loyal users know what exactly will happen with the devices they sold them.
    There are very few products with lifetime support guarantees, and none of them are consumer electronics. BlackBerry doesn't owe it's BB10 customers anything at this point. And it definitely owes nothing to people buying used or new old stock devices.

I don't think anyone enjoys BB10 More than I do, but I believe that any fair-minded assessment of BlackBerry's support of BB10 has gone far beyond reasonable expectations.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-07-18 08:35 PM
    Too much downside with zero upside. At this point, BB just wants to forget BB10 ever happened while hoping to keep BBAndroid licensing revenues high enough for BBMo/TCL expenses to be profitable.
    pdr733 likes this.
    09-07-18 08:38 PM
    If I had to guess, I think we will probably know more sometime next summer or thereabouts. BlackBerry, at some point, will give some sort of plan or statement imho.
    09-07-18 08:39 PM
    There are very few products with lifetime support guarantees, and none of them are consumer electronics. BlackBerry doesn't owe it's BB10 customers anything at this point. And it definitely owes nothing to people buying used or new old stock devices.

I don't think anyone enjoys BB10 More than I do, but I believe that any fair-minded assessment of BlackBerry's support of BB10 has gone far beyond reasonable expectations.

I think at this point users only ask for a decisive decision whether the devices will still function after said date and whether the backups made will continue to be functional for resetting phones.

The first part about the phone continuing to boot up properly is not a lot to ask a company to clarify. I'm not asking for continued support, just a couple answers lol.

This leaves some questioning continued brand loyalty I'm sure, with concern for the future of TCL or should I say BlackBerry mobile
    09-07-18 08:57 PM

Agreed. Ironically, the state of BB10 and it's dedicated user base can be compared to Olympus a few years back. Olympus had a loyal user base of four thirds camera users who had invested rather heavily into the ecosystem with bodies, lenses and flashes etc. Olympus then release Micro Four Thirds bodies with a new lens mount and new lenses.

The 4/3 users started to ask what the future was and Olympus paid them just enough lip service to be non-committal and intentionally ambiguous. Many 4/3 users sold up, moved on and vowed never to return. Olympus continued with the new M4/3 offerings and advised the 4/3 users that this was the new future.

This fence sitting continued for several years until the newer M4/3 users started to question if they may also be left behind if Olympus once again changed its mind. The only way to rectify the damage and keep as many customers as possible was to design a focussing system that could drive both lens types at an acceptable speed.

Although Olympus could have held its ground and not continued its support for its loyal user base, it decided after several years of hounding to do 'the right thing'. The long term result has been good for them. Some users did leave and never return; others have returned.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-18 01:08 AM
    Chen I guess wants to get rid of BB10 and BBOS. He is no delivering any important financial result, and there are zero news from BB side about new products. Look at the price....is always among 9 usd and 10,60 usd....

He probably downsized the company in order to cut expenses, but probably he cut also costs for R&D.... BB looks like a small start up now. FB is taking joke of BB board and the last patent claim is showing also so.

I am a BB10 die hard, but I am also realistic. Chen will never move a finger to save BB10, even bcs if he would find some way to get money from it, it would mean that he failed with this product.

The destiny of BB is to be sold....

Posted via CB10
    09-08-18 03:18 AM

The destiny of BB is to be sold....

Posted via CB10
    Yes clearly, but to whom?
    09-08-18 09:18 AM
    Yes clearly, but to whom?
    Enterprises. BlackBerry Limited is now 100% an enterprise software company. Chen was hired to transform BlackBerry into an enterprise software company. He never hid the fact that phones would only be part of the mix if they could be profitable.

Blackberry's Board hired Chen, his last 25 years of professional experience is in transforming enterprise software companies. He has zero professional experience in the mobile phone business. So if the Board's plan was to save the phone business, why would they hire a CEO who has no experience in the business. The Board hired Chen to transform BlackBerry Limited.

Yes, BlackBerry Limited is much smaller today. They are also not bleeding 100s of millions of dollars each quarter. They also don't have to write off a billion dollars of hardware. Very hard to be quick and agile in the mobile phone business. As a pure software company BlackBerry Limited's liabilities are very small. BlackBerry Limited now has a profitable foundation to build on for the future.
    09-08-18 12:34 PM
    I do think there was a very limited number of BlackBerry Passports that were produced, this was a device that was launched with the goal of NOT writing off unsold inventory.

The device sold reasonably well for a BlackBerry in 2014, 2015 and a few remaining devices in 2016 but it was not a volume phone.

I do think the value of them comes from the demand from BlackBerry 10 loyalist such as myself and other members of CB and the limited number of phones available for resale in the used market.

I see BlackBerry devices here in Calgary, Canada that are reasonable old, say Bold 9900's, Q10's and such and they are still fetching in the area of $80-100 used. I don't think too many people are dropping $100 on a 2011 Android device.

The Passport is getting harder and harder to find locally I think for a lot of us users and that is reflected in the price.

They are amazing devices in so many regards and still excel in so many areas of mobile communications for myself. I love the screen, the look, the speakers and the keyboard on my SE Passport. It doesn't have the app support but I do think I will be reasonably able to keep this device until perhaps 2020 or perhaps the K3 is launched, I am looking at a solid upgrade in terms of hardware and I don't think the K2 does it in some ways for me.......yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-18 04:58 PM
    I just bought e new in box from ebay and it cost me 100 bucks

Posted via CB10
    09-08-18 08:38 PM
    That is because it is a unique and cool phone. I actually have a couple of black ones that have never been used. I like the silver better. I actually stopped carrying it around cuz I like the portability of this q10 better and I got tired of using sim adaptors.

Posted via CB10
    Are you selling?
    09-09-18 04:50 AM
66 123