I got that phone 2 days ago and ever since I opened it from the box the battery was draining quickly. I updated to 10.3.2.2474 and still its draining. The Device Monitor is showing that the standby mode is using 3.1% and the System about 2.7%. I still don't have any Android apps. I read other posts and nothing helped. I tried pressing the volume up and down key to force restart and nothing helped. Any help?

Update:
    Android player ran in the background in the night and used my battery. How can I turn it off?
    Last edited by dereskapist; 01-22-17 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Info
    01-22-17 03:05 AM
    I got that phone 2 days ago and ever since I opened it from the box the battery was draining quickly. I updated to 10.3.2.2474 and still its draining. The Device Monitor is showing that the standby mode is using 3.1% and the System about 2.7%. I still don't have any Android apps. I read other posts and nothing helped. I tried pressing the volume up and down key to force restart and nothing helped. Any help?
    Wow... it same like me. But if you got this, I think it is defec. Let's send it to distributor/shop to get warranty

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 03:16 AM
    BlackBerry passport have a very powerfull operating system it still works when it is in standby mood, u can also save more bettry by turning oFf all the useless features like location service, nfc, hotspot,tethering, decrease the brightness level,bluetooth,bb blend and other features which u dont want to use and u will be able to save more battery if it doesn't works than it means that ur phone is brooken, fix it up dont worry everything will be ok thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 06:02 AM
    The Passport came with Skype and probably a few other android app pre-install.
    Go to setting and look for app permission, in Security I think. Then set permission for all apps. Disable run when minimized help with battery.

Posted from my  Passport
    01-22-17 11:48 AM

Update:
    Android player ran in the background in the night and used my battery. How can I turn it off?
    Same problem, same os 10.3.2.2474. And I finally fixed it. here are some tips:
    1. Turn off all unnecessary connection such as Bluetooth mobile data NFC...
    2. Decrypt your device in setting, this drains your battery crazily.
    3. Turn off location if not using.
    4. Reduce screen brightness.
    5. Turn off advanced interactions, also swipe u up to turn screen on, you can press letter U to turn on the device instead.
    6. Hard reset if still not fixed
    7. Press power button for at least 30 seconds, the screen will blink for sometime just ignore it.
    8. Use battery save.
    9. If still not fixed, highly recommend to upgrade your device to 10.3.3.

All are what I have done and now my phone always last for around 2 days or more with normal usage (calls,messaging, camera, web, lots of email, with wifi). With heavy usage it can last almost 2 days with mobile data always on, off at night only.

Hope you find this helpful and hope you can fix it.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 03:46 AM
    Have you disabled the amazon app store? For some reason some people were having a drain*with this so by disabling*it they noticed improvement.
    01-23-17 09:21 AM
    Don't think you can disable amazon app store on your device. I have terrible battery drain also all weekend. And now it's not hot any more and seems to be normal. Don't know what gives, accept I did update the amazon app store and also went on google music app which I don't do that often. It could be it was running in background and not turning off. I think that makes the most sense to me which was why phone was always warm and lagging with fast battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 11:47 AM
    You can disable Amazon Appstore through parental controls.
    01-24-17 08:01 AM
    My Passport suddenly started draining intermittently. It was fixed by deleting and reloading my email, facebook and twitter accountsand has been fine now for a week.
    01-24-17 02:50 PM
    Just give it time to adjust & adapt itself to you in couple of week. When I got my passport, I gave it about a fortnight to adapt itself to me. For the whole period, I charged my passport about twice a day.

Give it time, then it will be the most ultimate OS you ever used. Trust me, I'm iOS & BlackBerry OS are outta this dimension.

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    01-24-17 07:52 PM
    Just give it time to adjust & adapt itself to you in couple of week. When I got my passport, I gave it about a fortnight to adapt itself to me. For the whole period, I charged my passport about twice a day.

Give it time, then it will be the most ultimate OS you ever used. Trust me, I'm iOS & BlackBerry OS are outta this dimension.

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    I agree. If the phone is new, and just set up, it will be doing a lot in the back ground for a day or so. After it finishes, battery life will be much better. I just happened to check mine today, I no longer use my Passport, but I wanted to turn it on and check something. When I went to turn it on, I found it was already on. It has been on for a week and the battery was at 46%.
    01-24-17 09:52 PM