04-15-15 12:59 PM
59 123
tools
    Did you get her PIN? ;p

Been looking for the right place to share this...

So I work in Vail Colorado, in a fine jewelry and watch store. We get people from all over the world. Many very successful people. I see lots of BB phones. I see lots of these business people moving away from BB. Sometimes I do get to help people move back towards BB10, but it's tough. I'm known, around town, as the BB guy.

So one night, after work, I stop by my favorite coffee shop/bar. I'm sitting at the end of the bar and in walks a VERY attractive woman. I'm 60, so I'll call her a girl? She sit's at the bar stool right next to me and proceeds to set her Passport on the bar!!! Now, I've been dying to see one in the flesh, right? Well I say to her "OMG you have a Blackberry Passport?" All the while, staring at it! She notices my staring and asks if I want to touch it? I say yes and pick it up and start zooming around it. She starts to lean towards me, as if she's going to help me learn how to use it. Then says "whoa, I don't need to show you around it, do I". I mention that I have a Z30 and she responds with, WOW I've never seen one and starts checking out my phone.
    So this interaction lasts 15 or so minutes and off we go, in our own separate directions.
    At least I now know that I want one! Couldn't have been a more pleasant experience finding out. Now, PLEASE VERIZON!!! GET US ONE!

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:37 AM
    I am the only one in my area with one so far; although my wife can't keep her hands off of it so there may be another soon. Once At&T releases theirs I imagine they will sprout up more frequently.
    01-16-15 09:55 AM
    I have seen only one being held by a gentleman in the Reno/Tahoe airport. Hope to see more soon with AT&T releasing it here in the States--Finally!

I do receive compliments on my with the most recent one being the TSA agent in Vegas who replied with a "Ooh, that's different" as I used it to scan my boarding pass. Her comment was in the tone of "Ooh, that's [nice]" so it was taken as a compliment.

Olisg,

You will be seeing two more in Singapore come Chinese New Year when my wife and I will be visiting her family.
    01-16-15 11:29 AM
    I may not have seen a passport in the wild, but I think I saw a classic on my way to classes this morning. is there a white version of it?
    01-16-15 07:28 PM
    Did you get her PIN? ;p

Yes I did!

From one AWE-INSPIRING Z30!!!
    01-16-15 09:21 PM
    Still nothing here? I can't wait to see my first!!! Probably once At&t releases their phones...

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-18-15 02:15 AM
    I've seen a few passports and definitely more BB10's in the wild this year (Z10, Z30, and Q10). I work in downtown Vancouver, and so you should expect to see more. Saw the passport for the first time in the Maple Leaf Lounge at the Toronto airport a few weeks after launch...
    01-18-15 02:46 AM
    I'm from Vancouver and since the Passport was released, I've seen them out in the wild at least twice weekly!

This is a huge change from when the first BB10 devices were released. It was several months before I saw a Z10 after that phone was released.

I'm really excited to see BlackBerry's turnaround in recent months!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 04:10 AM
    Yes. I think BlackBerry is onto really something great here with these 2 devices!

I find myself looking and very interested in what other people are using for a phone and still have yet to see another BlackBerry.

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-18-15 10:29 AM
    I get great service in the area, LTE. I live in the mountains and get one bar in the house and two outside. That's saying something! I've never had an issue with ATT service. Occasionally texts don't come through for a while from another carrier but could be either carrier with that. However, if you utilize BBM, you won't have that problem. I purchased mine through Amazon during a great sale, I think I paid $450 or $499. It's $577 right now. It's a wonderful phone! ATT seems to be cheaper too, you should look into it.
    01-24-15 05:18 PM
    I had a dream that I saw someone with one! And I was following him! Weirdo

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 05:53 PM
    Found one guy inside a train using BlackBerry Passport in Kln (Cologne), Germany.
    01-24-15 08:05 PM
    I live in San Francisco and the city is iPhone heavy. I get asked all the time what phone I'm using.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:58 AM
    Been in Bristol, UK for a week now and have seen three of them already. Seems to be quite popular here. Phone house in Broadmead has a large display for the PP next to the entrance.
    01-25-15 02:09 PM
    Did you BBM each other across the tables? LoL

Wait, what if this was a feature? See BBM users nearby and send messages...

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 02:10 PM
    I was in an assemblyman's office today & to my surprise he has a black Passport on his table... & yet he can't take his eyes off my RedBlackBeast...
    That's the first Passport other than mine spotted...

RedBlackBeast
    01-28-15 09:02 AM
    Yet to see one here in Dallas.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-28-15 08:46 PM
    Have yet to see another here in NE Ohio.... had people come up to me in restaurants and other places to ask me what it is and where they can get one.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:40 PM
    Still haven't spotted one in Stockholm, Sweden even though the -->only<-- store in Stockholm actually sold out their whole storage of passports upon release..

4everalone

Posted via CB10
    Wrec and Wrec like this.
    01-30-15 11:11 AM
    I've seen 4 other Passport owners out in the wild in Montreal. Each time I made it a point to make a comment and show them I'm part of the club!

Whenever people see my Passport, I get questions and comments about 95% of the time.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 12:37 PM
    Greensboro over here.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 01:35 PM
    Have seen one in the wild since getting my Passport. The place I usually get inquires about it is when I'm at Starbucks paying with the app from both the barista and people in line.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 01:59 PM
    Have seen many in Vancouver BC and in Vegas last week I met someone at Wynn that had one too!

definitely rare in the States but for sure once AT&T releases it there will be many
    01-30-15 07:03 PM
    I'm in Queens NYC. I have one... loving it. I enjoy the Classic a bit more cause I'm used to the keyboard. But the passport size is what I love.. no comparison.

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    01-30-15 07:10 PM
    Still yet to see another in Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia that is.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 11:14 PM
59 123