The cut out for the usb port looks unfinished? I hope this is indicating that this is not final design.
    06-28-14 07:49 AM
    Wonder About the Weight. Hoping lighter than Z30.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 07:52 AM
    Now that it is in the wild and some user gently showed us the browser and even how loud are the speakers, could anyone testing it show us how does the trackpad keyboard work?
    I'd love to see a writing session on the Passport filmed by one of the beta testers!
    The predictive words flicking gestures, the "tap-the-keyboard-to-place-the-cursor", the virtual screen keys selection on the keyboard via its trackpad function etc.
    So is anyone out there feeling in the mood for a new video?
    06-28-14 08:08 AM
    How senseless is a landscape mode on a 1:1 screen? :-)
    When watching video it doesn't make any difference obviously but you are supposed to be able to use the capacitive keyboard to scroll through webpages when its landscape. That seems like a pretty awesome feature to me!
    guygardner73 and aminrajabi like this.
    06-28-14 08:14 AM
    Thanks for sharing, the passport looks really amazing.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 08:15 AM
    Wonder About the Weight. Hoping lighter than Z30.
    Cap'n Bla1ze says its 6 ounces. That turns out to be just a smidge heavier than the Z10 and Q10.
    06-28-14 08:17 AM
    So is SlimPort and MHL of the same quality as Micro HDMI. I liked Micro HDMI as it was unique to the BB10 line up. But looks like their moving away from it now.

Also I thought Chen was supposed to stop the leaks.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 08:20 AM
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 08:45 AM
    OMG that's a phlabtop. I want one.
    This could easily dispense a need for a tablet. Just need sky go app, that's all I care about. Any body can easily edits documents from what I can see
    06-28-14 09:02 AM
    maan, Passport, you've done it again, you've made me fallen in love with you once more!!

GOOD JOB BLACKBERRY!
    06-28-14 09:27 AM
    This phone was made for productivity.

Thanks BB! I'll not be having a hard time viewing any documents(especially spreadsheets) in near future!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 09:39 AM
    If the phone rotates to landscape, WHY would it be 1:1 ratio? I thought one of the points of making it 1:1 was to avoid rotating it. Now I'm completely puzzled as to why BlackBerry insists that all pkb phones have this annoying square display.

Posted via CB10
    It behaves really differently when sideways> the keys become a sort of track pad for scrolling and cursor control
    06-28-14 01:16 PM
    i like it....for those who dont--well NO PASSPORT for you!! You wont be going anywhere
    06-28-14 02:19 PM
    Looks quite nice! But man its huuuuuge!

How senseless is a landscape mode on a 1:1 screen? :-)

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    Landscape mode on a 1:1 screen senseless? I guess being able to put an entire Android app in 16:9 in either portrait or landscape is "senseless" too?
    06-28-14 06:01 PM
    06-28-14 11:55 PM
    So is SlimPort and MHL of the same quality as Micro HDMI. I liked Micro HDMI as it was unique to the BB10 line up. But looks like their moving away from it now.

Also I thought Chen was supposed to stop the leaks.

Posted via CB10
    See Below post:

A FAQ on Slimport

The SlimPort� family of products offers additional features beyond basic DisplayPort� and MYDP™ functionality:

Using a single mobile USB connector for data-sync, power-charging, and uncompressed protected contents delivery to an external big screen display.
    Integrated USB switch, compliant with IC-USB specifications, to reduce the Bill of Materials cost for mobile devices.
    Integrated downstream mobile accessory detect mechanism to reduce the Bill of Materials cost for mobile devices.
    Direct connectivity to HDTVs, monitors, and projectors using VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort interfaces.
    Reduced power consumption with Analogix proprietary power recovery techniques.
    Ability to charge mobile devices while being connected to HD displays using HDMI and DisplayPort.

Analogix

HDMI converter
    http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-...UvbUpU10532859
    So basically: It is like MHL except that it supports multiple outputs via different adaptors and in these adaptors, there is also a place to plug your charger in so the device can charge while in presentation mode.

Before anybody asks: You can't use Slimport in presentation and USB Host mode at the same time. One or the other.
    wincyUt likes this.
    06-29-14 09:27 AM
    See Below post:

So basically: It is like MHL except that it supports multiple outputs via different adaptors and in these adaptors, there is also a place to plug your charger in so the device can charge while in presentation mode.

Before anybody asks: You can't use Slimport in presentation and USB Host mode at the same time. One or the other.
    So Bluetooth keyboard and mouse with HDMI and cloud storage, or Miracast with USB keyboard, mouse, and storage.

Posted via CB10 with my Q5SQR100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-29-14 11:04 AM
42 12