Hi all. I have an extensive Blackberry collection, but my hands never reached the Passport. As a result, I acquired the regular version in perfect condition, but at the same time I noticed oddities.

1) Sound from the speakers. I heard that he was very good, especially for his time. But at low volumes, acoustic noise or something like that is quite strong. This can be clearly seen if, for example, you include a video on YouTube, where there is only a human voice. And in general, the sound is quite flat. Is this normal for these device? On Classic it is not so pronounced, although it is also present.

2) Strange camera algorithms. Compare with Classic. Despite 13 megapixels, Passport seems to take worse pictures. It has very strange camera algorithms. Sometimes everything is kind of faded and noisy. And on the Classic, everything is rich and clearly better. Changed the OS with autoloader. Nothing has changed. In general, the situation with the camera is also the norm?

Or do any of these problems represent breakdowns? The device, if not opened, has a factory seal. Thank you all in advance.
    01-31-23 02:30 PM
    I don't recall the issues your concerned with being a big deal back eight or nine years ago. Most preferred the Passports Camera over the Classic by a wide margin. Could be you got a bad unit (even refurb looks NIB), or one that has deteriorated with time. My guess is another NIB unit might perform much better for you, relative to the age of the product.
    02-01-23 09:57 AM
    People gave me a camera block for Passport. Replaced, nothing has changed. I don’t know how the majority preferred the Passport camera, if sometimes strange artifacts and incomprehensible spot blurs directly catch my eye, but the Classic works normal in these situations.

And what about the sound. This acoustic noise or something like that is quite strong at low volumes. Even here the Classic wins. On it, the sound is corny cleaner and deeper.

Again, I'm just trying to understand if this is the norm, or the device has some kind of defects ...
    02-01-23 12:49 PM
    People gave me a camera block for Passport. Replaced, nothing has changed. I don’t know how the majority preferred the Passport camera, if sometimes strange artifacts and incomprehensible spot blurs directly catch my eye, but the Classic works normal in these situations.

And what about the sound. This acoustic noise or something like that is quite strong at low volumes. Even here the Classic wins. On it, the sound is corny cleaner and deeper.

Again, I'm just trying to understand if this is the norm, or the device has some kind of defects ...
    I still to this day use my Passport (original) and I have absolutely none of your problems. The sound is superior to my Huawei P30 and Pixel 6a. The camera takes very good pictures, especially in good light. Obviously not as good as the Pixel but still very good, especially for a 8+ year old device. I say there is something wrong with your device.
    02-01-23 08:26 PM
    Understood you. I'll look, maybe I'll change the parts
    02-02-23 02:03 PM
    Maybe you can show what you mean, upload an example photo or something "Good" and "bad" are VERY subjective nowadays, especially when it comes to phone cameras and computational photography/ AI...

I had the same experience when I switched from the Classic to the PP, but it was just because it is different in colours and resolution, being shown on a much bigger screen...the smaller the screen, the "better" everythign looks (in experience), but you have to compare both on a PC screen to see differences. That said, I still liked the quality of my Classic's camera more than the one on the PP for my taste, they looked almost analog...

The sound is still better than my new Sony Xperia 5IV! Passport is the Sound-King.
    02-14-23 05:39 PM