Hi all.

Got myself the Passport a few months back. Great phone. Love it totally . However I recently noticed that its been sluggish and when I press the top button to switch it on, it doesn't come on till a while later. Sometimes it stays dark and reboots. I don't have many apps installed . 3GBs of RAM should be a breeze.

Love this phone and looking forward to long term use with it . Any clues ?

Rgds

Izzy
    12-12-14 03:17 AM
    Mine is OK! Do reset!

A Happy Passport User....
    12-12-14 03:23 AM
    Hi, I have the same problem, I just got mine 3 days ago and I experience the same thing. Also, I get the same simptome if I swipe up to to unlock the phone. Sometimes the restarting of the phone fixes this... sometimes it doesn't.
    12-14-14 09:49 AM
    Same here - slow to wake, sometimes takes a few attempts. Sometimes there's lag, the lock screen appears momentarily then the screen turns off again.

The wake sequence is buggy.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    12-14-14 09:57 AM
    Perhaps it's a bug in the software? Have you guys made sure that you're running the latest version of the software?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:20 AM
    Perhaps it's a bug in the software? Have you guys made sure that you're running the latest version of the software?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure it's just a slightly buggy wake sequence, yeah. Happens on 10.3 and 10.3.1. Not a biggie - just slightly annoying.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:31 AM
    I'm seeing the same issue. Slow to wake with button at the top or swipe.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 11:48 AM
    I guess we need to wait for an update. How is feedback sent to BlackBerry? Do they know about this?
    12-14-14 04:12 PM
    Hi all.

Got myself the Passport a few months back. Great phone. Love it totally . However I recently noticed that its been sluggish and when I press the top button to switch it on, it doesn't come on till a while later. Sometimes it stays dark and reboots. I don't have many apps installed . 3GBs of RAM should be a breeze.

Love this phone and looking forward to long term use with it . Any clues ?

Rgds

Izzy
    I made a thread about this recently. My Passport is similarly sluggish. Going to do a clean reinstall of the OS. Maybe android apps have been the problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 04:23 PM
    I have been on a Passport for a month and it hasn't slowed down a bit. And I haven't rebooted it in over 2 weeks. But I am running the latest leak. Jim

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 04:34 PM
    And I use many Android apps, even games

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 04:42 PM
    Guys.

I tried restarting the phone a couple of times . Didn't work. I did a security swipe and reloaded and that did the trick. So far looks good.

Izzy
    12-14-14 11:25 PM
    Ok

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 11:42 PM
    I did a security swipe and reloaded and that did the trick.
    Did you restore from a backup after the security wipe or did you re-build from scratch?
    12-18-14 09:31 AM
    So I reinstalled my OS. Have one android app that doesn't run in the background. And I'm getting so much lag again. I don't know if it's my hardware or my OS, but it's getting bad. Lagging when minimizing a window, micro-freezes in the file manager or in the hub. Just rotten performance. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 02:16 PM
    I would check both the CPU usage and Memory usage (RAM, not storage) tabs of device monitor for suspicious app behavior. You can click on an app name and get neat line graphs of its battery, cpu, and memory usage trends over the last 48 hours.

Posted in CB10 from my amazing Passport
    12-18-14 02:30 PM
    I would check both the CPU usage and Memory usage (RAM, not storage) tabs of device monitor for suspicious app behavior. You can click on an app name and get neat line graphs of its battery, cpu, and memory usage trends over the last 48 hours.

Posted in CB10 from my amazing Passport
    Nothing out of the ordinary. I think the OS could be settling into itself as I just reinstalled from a wipe.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 07:22 PM
    Are you guys using a cheap micro SD card? Because they make passports run sluggish.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    ckasey likes this.
    12-18-14 07:41 PM
    Are you guys using a cheap micro SD card? Because they make passports run sluggish.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    I'm using an expensive 64gb SanDisk card, one of the two fastest. Amazon, regular SanDisk packaging.

Just now noticing some real issues with my browser and rendering sites. I think I need to do another wipe and reinstallation. Seems like a bad install to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:32 PM
    I'm using an expensive 64gb SanDisk card, one of the two fastest. Amazon, regular SanDisk packaging.

Just now noticing some real issues with my browser and rendering sites. I think I need to do another wipe and reinstallation. Seems like a bad install to me.

Posted via CB10
    Try this if you have not, format the micro SD card on your computer, insert it in your phone and format it once more in your phone, reboot phone and try it again.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-19-14 04:02 AM
    Try this if you have not, format the micro SD card on your computer, insert it in your phone and format it once more in your phone, reboot phone and try it again.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    I'll give that a try today, thanks for the idea.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:50 AM
    I'll give that a try today, thanks for the idea.

Posted via CB10
    Hey, have you tried reloading the OS using BlackBerry link? It's strange but it seems to solve most problems.

Using BlackBerry link, go to preferences and OS Reload I think
    12-19-14 08:54 AM
    A month after I got my passport I noticed things were considerably laggy, like opening apps or what not. A backup and restore in link fixed the issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 08:58 AM
    Mine works fine after six weeks. No problems at all. I hardly ever reboot it. And I also have and use many Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 01:44 PM
    Mine slows down sometimes too. A hard reset speeds it right back up again.
    12-19-14 04:33 PM
38 12