I'm really on the line on buying the silver edition. Will wait it out one more day!

Is the screen as crisp and the contrasts as it's been said? I only hope the screen matches what I've had from the 6 plus, if not better! Really excited, just want to make the right decision.

I haven't been this excited for any phone, ever. Can't believe I'm this late into it!
    Jakobroxx likes this.
    08-07-15 09:54 PM
    There is always a risk with buying a used device... I'd say pay extra and get a brand new one! If you'll use it and love it, I'd say that's worth the extra money.
    08-07-15 10:12 PM
    I'm really on the line on buying the silver edition. Will wait it out one more day!

Is the screen as crisp and the contrasts as it's been said? I only hope the screen matches what I've had from the 6 plus, if not better! Really excited, just want to make the right decision.

I haven't been this excited for any phone, ever. Can't believe I'm this late into it!
    The SE screen is better looking than the OG. White balance is much better. It's as good as or better than the 6 Plus, imo.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 08-07-15 at 10:55 PM.
    08-07-15 10:39 PM
    Absolutely stupid decision to purchase a used original Passport.

Do some reading on the issues that plague the device, and then realize you're taking a massive gamble because you'll have no warranty on that phone you purchase used.

Short and sweet info regarding BlackBerry warranties: You must purchase the device, brand new. If you're not the original purchaser, you're SOL, even if that phone you bought resold was pristine and brand new.

I love my original Passport, but I refuse to buy another (OG or SE) unless it's brand new. Dealt with warranty refusal and learned my lesson.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    08-07-15 11:01 PM
    If you read long enough in crackberry, you will notice a few common problem that occur to some original passport. What BlackBerry is trying to do is that they are trying to improve with the silver one. I would vote for silver.

Twisting problem and screen lifting, they reinforce the structure + stainless steel frame.
    Double type, they change the keyboard
    Ergonomic, they add the chin to make it more comfortable to type
    Scratch camera lense, adding stainless steel frame around the camera
    Radio, They boost the signal strength as well
    Front camera, they change the spec, this should improve as well.

At least, this is what I thought they are trying to do. I am not sure in reality. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    This guy right here. Anything you have to know about why you should get the Silver Edition is right here. I owned a Limited Edition Red Blackberry Passport and I can't tell you how much I hated the signal on it. I think all the original Passport's suck on their reception. It was horrible. I couldn't play any music or watch any video. I use a Blackberry Classic (Q20) now as a daily driver and I used the signal that I get on this to compare it to the Passport and it was a really big difference. Silver Edition. Do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 12:14 AM
    BlackBerry should offer a trade-in program for original owners who have some problems still under warranty to get the SE...

This guy right here. Anything you have to know about why you should get the Silver Edition is right here. I owned a Limited Edition Red Blackberry Passport and I can't tell you how much I hated the signal on it. I think all the original Passport's suck on their reception. It was horrible. I couldn't play any music or watch any video. I use a Blackberry Classic (Q20) now as a daily driver and I used the signal that I get on this to compare it to the Passport and it was a really big difference. Silver Edition. Do it.

Posted via CB10
    peterburns likes this.
    08-08-15 01:47 AM
    Go for the silver as its a premium device. It's not much more in the price difference.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-08-15 09:09 AM
    I've got the Red and the Silver, overall consensus from people I show them to is they like the red better. Comments on the Silver have been it looks like a Gameboy and a TV.
    czechberry likes this.
    08-08-15 09:37 AM

My son has the 6 Plus, and he was impressed with my SE, you will love it!
    08-08-15 10:27 AM
    Just got a black one for 500usd 3hrs ago. Loving it take the silver or black it's ur preference at last. To each his own love the PP.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 10:52 AM
    My son has the 6 Plus, and he was impressed with my SE, you will love it!
    What do you think about the difference between the screens?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 11:40 AM
    Stick to the original.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 11:41 AM
    Sold the black and using the SE now. It just feels like a stronger device with a better typing feel. Also a bonus that I don't have to glue the flip case to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 11:48 AM
    What do you think about the difference between the screens?

Posted via CB10
    I have used his 6 plus and to be honest, Passport is so crisp and clear.
    08-08-15 01:19 PM
    I have used his 6 plus and to be honest, Passport is so crisp and clear.
    Yeah, and I'm finding that the SE has way better color accuracy and white point when compared to my OG.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 01:49 PM
    I've got the Red and the Silver, overall consensus from people I show them to is they like the red better. Comments on the Silver have been it looks like a Gameboy and a TV.
    Hahahaha... so true

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 03:16 PM
    I like the silver one. I actually have all four in the family. They are envious of my silver one.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 03:21 PM
    Just watched this.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    08-08-15 03:29 PM
    One last question, I like to do a ton of web browsing in a day, will the battery still last pretty good wifi or cellular?
    08-08-15 04:43 PM
    One last question, I like to do a ton of web browsing in a day, will the battery still last pretty good wifi or cellular?
    Mine does.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 2.798 to 2.2204 to 2339
    08-08-15 04:46 PM
    Should be about the same i.e. its the same hardware. Possibly better with the improved antenna tech.
    08-08-15 05:00 PM
    Silver hands down. Been using the SE all day and selling my other two Passports because of the difference.

Posted via CB10
    bullnuke7532 likes this.
    08-08-15 06:19 PM
    Decided to go with silver, thanks all for all your opinions!
    3Dee likes this.
    08-09-15 08:28 AM
    Just posting to say I shall be comi back into the thread once the phone comes in this week to give feedback on it! I'm way too excited for delivery.

Any news on screen protectors for the silver Ed?
    08-09-15 09:47 PM
    Go with the best... Silver Edition!

Posted via CB10
    Do you ppl work for blackberry? Is this a self created post by the marketing department? The original PP is a great decice, and design wise, it looks much much better. Stop this nonsense, the silver has some improvements (keyboard feel may be the only worth mentioning) but it looks so disproportionate, huge plastic chin and narrow top bezel, framed screen, nah, the original is just so much nicer. I had a black PP, lost it, and willing to rebuy it, not the silver.
    daytrade likes this.
    08-09-15 11:19 PM
106 12345