If it truly does come with softer keyboard and longer chin for better weight distribution, I'd definitely choose the silver edition. It matters A LOT in the long run. Especially if you like to type.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    08-06-15 04:22 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Go with the best... Silver Edition!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 04:44 AM
    I would stay with the original. It is cheaper and its issues are known and could be dealt with to a certain extend.
    The Silver has better design? That would need a close look to check but no such detail pics are available now. And from a few pics which have been available, there are already gap between the keyboard overlay layer and the frame and between the bottom piece and the bottom frame. The design may be good, but Blackberry built quality recently is not something I would be confident in.

Posted from my Passport
    08-06-15 05:06 AM
    For production date, check the side of the box. It's written there in the format 010215 near where it says "made in mexico"
    Ta Thanks mate Mine was made on 18 Nov 2014. Perfect unit!

 Black Passport via CB10
    08-06-15 06:32 AM
    Get the Silver one and try and pay with PayPal, so you can have no interest for 6 months,think of the resale value down the road,lol
    08-06-15 06:40 AM
    -crackberry-image.jpg

I like the one on the right better!
    08-06-15 07:07 AM
    Well if I were in your shoes I would go for the original. The difference aren't that big to pay a few hundred more dollars. As far as the issues you may have heard about the original passport, they aren't major to me. I haven't had any major issues with mine. It had gotten better with each OS update.

The original has more accessories to choose from. I'm happy with mine. There isn't enough of a difference between them beside appearance. If money is not an issue and you, I would go for the silver edition. They are giving you accessories with it too so it's not that bad of a deal to be honest. The price of the silver one is the price I paid for my original and I didn't get any accessories. You would love either one. Good luck with you choice.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 07:17 AM
    The Silver has the cheesy painted plastic chin like the Z30. This thing won't age well.

Posted via CB10
    sirius27 and Avenzuno like this.
    08-06-15 09:01 AM
    Original. The silver will probably have that AT&T version bulkier feel to it. Original feels much more svelte. That extra few mm on the chin is all horsecrap. Makes it look clunkier. The silver edition does look better than the AT&T version though. I've had a red OG for a couple of months now and believe the build is from a later date, I've had no quality issues with it and I carry it in my back pocket everyday no case.
    08-06-15 09:10 AM
    Hi Samtronswt! I know it is not one of your options, but please consider a brand new original red passport. I'm currently rocking a black one and given a chance I'd give it up for the red version (unfortunately not available officially here in India). Now I haven't held the silver one in hand, but just looking at the pictures, I prefer the aesthetics of the original one.

But the best possible solution is if you get to play with both of them for some time and see which you like the most.

All the best for your choice

Posted from my  Z30 � STA100-2/10.3.1.2558
    08-06-15 09:42 AM
    Go for the latest. Technology inside would have certainly improved, though not the specs. Softer and improved key board, better antenna reception, marginally longer Base (chin), improved camera (?). There could be much more as you start using it.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 10:11 AM
    I personally prefer the look of the original one, especially in red. Between a used original Passport and a new redesigned model, I would probably go for the new one. You'll have a brand new device and warranty to go with it. That would be the only reason. Plus the silver edition comes with accessories in the States, not sure in Canada, so that would be another plus.
    08-06-15 04:57 PM
    It also comes with the same accessories for us canadians too. I guess now its just which on would fit the pocket and feel better in the hands overall.
    08-06-15 07:39 PM
    Users of the Original Shop BlackBerry Passport and the Silver Passport, can you please comment on the keyboard and reception differences? Thx

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    08-06-15 10:39 PM
    Guys, I'm doing some preliminary tests, but I'm noticing that the camera lens must have been physically improved in some way.

I'm getting sharp, clean corners from the Silver Edition, while my OG is smeary and not detailed in the corners. This is all four corners, and both phones are brand new and clean.

The lens must have been improved physically, or I have a bad OG copy (though this is the best OG I've ever had so far).

Also, white balance seems to be a lot better on the new SE Passport, even with the same software version on both phones.

Interesting. Can anyone verify my findings about the lens improvements?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 10:53 PM
    Guys, I'm doing some preliminary tests, but I'm noticing that the camera lens must have been physically improved in some way.

I'm getting sharp, clean corners from the Silver Edition, while my OG is smeary and not detailed in the corners. This is all four corners, and both phones are brand new and clean.

The lens must have been improved physically, or I have a bad OG copy (though this is the best OG I've ever had so far).

Also, white balance seems to be a lot better on the new SE Passport, even with the same software version on both phones.

Interesting. Can anyone verify my findings about the lens improvements?

Posted via CB10
    I can't but the screen seems a brighter white. These screens seem to have a fair bit of variance from unit to unit though.
    08-07-15 01:36 AM
    I can't but the screen seems a brighter white. These screens seem to have a fair bit of variance from unit to unit though.
    Come now, do some tests. Seriously. I have in my other thread that I started.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 04:26 AM
    Go with the original. The original is just badass, be it black, white or red.

Crackberry Z10 Z30 Q5 Passport
    08-07-15 09:33 AM
    Go with the original. The original is just badass, be it black, white or red.

Crackberry Z10 Z30 Q5 Passport
    The original looks cooler. But the SE is improved in every way, and is actually more of a pleasure to use. The phone has a warmth to it that the OG doesn't have.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 09:46 AM
    B1aze posted this on his twitter recently, may help you a bit.

Original, ATT, Silver
    -clwonfrw8aaegcd.jpg

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    08-07-15 09:50 AM
    -img_20150807_144509.jpg

The Silver is an awesome update to the Original. Great job BlackBerry
    sibeans likes this.
    08-07-15 09:52 AM
    If you read long enough in crackberry, you will notice a few common problem that occur to some original passport. What BlackBerry is trying to do is that they are trying to improve with the silver one. I would vote for silver.

Twisting problem and screen lifting, they reinforce the structure + stainless steel frame.
    Double type, they change the keyboard
    Ergonomic, they add the chin to make it more comfortable to type
    Scratch camera lense, adding stainless steel frame around the camera
    Radio, They boost the signal strength as well
    Front camera, they change the spec, this should improve as well.

At least, this is what I thought they are trying to do. I am not sure in reality. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 10:10 AM
    If you like all square corners, go with the original. If not, go with the Silver.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-07-15 10:17 AM
    I have both and the Silver is a better phone. Going to give my Black one to my wife to replace her Z30

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    08-07-15 10:20 AM
    Mind posting your findings regarding why you think it's better? Thanks in advance!

I have both and the Silver is a better phone. Going to give my Black one to my wife to replace her Z30

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 10:30 AM
106 1234 ...