Go for it if you really like the design but there really isn't any feature that makes it upgrade compared to og.

Tools not toys
    05-12-17 09:19 AM
    I have the Red one and my friend has the SE one. I prefer the kb on the SE (not as much effort needed) but I like how mine looks more.
    05-12-17 11:57 AM
    No. Don't do it.
    I've got both and the OG black is much classier than I thought it would be. If I had that first, I wouldn't bother with the SE. Though I can see why some would prefer the design on the SE.

Problem with the SE is stupid battery drain issue. Happens even when phone is OFF (search these forums, very prevalent for SE it seems but unheard of an an OG). If you never turn off your phone then it won't affect you

Posted via CB10
    look at this!

Is the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition worth upgrading to?-img_20170513_022436.png

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    05-12-17 04:25 PM
    No. Don't do it.
    I've got both and the OG black is much classier than I thought it would be. If I had that first, I wouldn't bother with the SE. Though I can see why some would prefer the design on the SE.

Problem with the SE is stupid battery drain issue. Happens even when phone is OFF (search these forums, very prevalent for SE it seems but unheard of an an OG). If you never turn off your phone then it won't affect you

Posted via CB10
    I have a two-year old SE and have excellent battery life. It beats all the Samsung and Iphone wall pluggers trekking in Nepal right now.
    I also have an OG but rarely use it anymore. Both have great battery life and no problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 10:45 AM
    I have a two-year old SE and have excellent battery life. It beats all the Samsung and Iphone wall pluggers trekking in Nepal right now.
    I also have an OG but rarely use it anymore. Both have great battery life and no problems.

Posted via CB10
    EFats, who you quoted, was not referring to battery life when the device is in use, but to the battery drain issue when the device is turned off for longer periods of time. If left turned off, the Passport SE will drain the battery completely at a rate of somewhere around 5% per day, and completely draining a Li-ion battery damages it. So you either have to recharge the device occasionally or take off the back cover and detach the battery lead if you're going to store it.
    05-13-17 10:55 AM
    EFats, who you quoted, was not referring to battery life when the device is in use, but to the battery drain issue when the device is turned off for longer periods of time. If left turned off, the Passport SE will drain the battery completely at a rate of somewhere around 5% per day, and completely draining a Li-ion battery damages it. So you either have to recharge the device occasionally or take off the back cover and detach the battery lead if you're going to store it.
    mysterious problems of OS10 can be solved by autoloader

05-13-17 01:06 PM
    mysterious problems of OS10 can be solved by autoloader

Hmmm. I'll have to test that theory. I just reinstalled using an autoloader, and my Q10 is looking forlorn and lonely on the shelf.
    05-13-17 07:42 PM
    Windows 98, come on, really?? XP, maybe, 98??

Posted via CB10
    Yes xp destroyed a lot of software and hardware. A lot of database and business software was written on 98. Some examples would cost $5000 to replace. For a small business it's better to run 98 machines another 10 years for that offline work. Software really is king.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    05-15-17 07:51 AM
33 12