This is my first time posting on the Crackberry forums, so we'll see how it goes!

I've currently own the OG BlackBerry Passport now for a full year and I really like it. But I regret not buying the SE when I could've on BlackBerry's website, and so I'm wondering if it's worth buying now. I've heard that the typing is much softer and that is something I would really enjoy. They go for $300-$400 locally in decent condition.

Is there anything else that would be an upgrade? Also, any elaboration/opinion for people who have owned both would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 08:36 PM
    This is my first time posting on the Crackberry forums, so we'll see how it goes!

I've currently own the OG BlackBerry Passport now for a full year and I really like it. But I regret not buying the SE when I could've on BlackBerry's website, and so I'm wondering if it's worth buying now. I've heard that the typing is much softer and that is something I would really enjoy. They go for $300-$400 locally in decent condition.

Is there anything else that would be an upgrade? Also, any elaboration/opinion for people who have owned both would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    If you can afford it and you know it's various limitations, why not?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 08:52 PM
    Would you pay $300-400 for just the slightly different keyboard and silver body? It's the same thing as what you have right now in every other way.
    05-10-17 08:54 PM
    I believe you can get a better deal on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 09:26 PM
    Since I upgraded to the SE from the OG I should say yes; but really I liked my OG better. If I could do it again I would get the Red Edition instead

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 09:45 PM
    I find the typing on the SE way smoother than the OG. If you love the PP and can live with the limitations of BB10 and have the means to purchase another one, than you will enjoy the upgrade in typing experience with the SE. Plus it's so darned good looking! Much more striking than the OG IMO.
    05-10-17 10:16 PM
    I found one on CL for a friend in another city. Worked out a paypal deal w seller. Paid $180. Mint condition. Dude was good on his word and shipped it.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 11:43 PM
    I prefer the keyboard on the OG actually. I still keep my three month old SE I bought from bb last November just in case.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    callec39 likes this.
    05-11-17 05:43 AM
    If you already have black no need to invest as soon these will be mere paper weights. Invest else where if your black pp is working fine. From a die hard passport fan

Red passport
    05-11-17 05:55 AM
    If you already have black no need to invest as soon these will be mere paper weights. Invest else where if your black pp is working fine. From a die hard passport fan

Red passport

Soon to be paper weights? My Lands, A Palm TX is still a working device and some people still might use it. You can still buy them NEW. Its ten years old! Windows 98 computers are still being used for a lot of reasons like software compatibility.

That is why I have THREE Passports and the Silvers are my favorite.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-11-17 08:18 AM
    Soon to be paper weights? My Lands, A Palm TX is still a working device and some people still might use it. You can still buy them NEW. Its ten years old! Windows 98 computers are still being used for a lot of reasons like software compatibility.

Windows 98, come on, really?? XP, maybe, 98??

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 08:38 AM
    I find the typing on the SE way smoother than the OG. If you love the PP and can live with the limitations of BB10 and have the means to purchase another one, than you will enjoy the upgrade in typing experience with the SE. Plus it's so darned good looking! Much more striking than the OG IMO.
    Would that be "buttery smooth" or just plain smoother?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 09:25 AM
    I bought the SE and still have my first Passport.
    In my opinion, the SE is nicer to type on ( very slightly ), as the first one is great, too.
    The SE is just such a lovely looking phone. It's really funny, the interest that people show when they see it!
    I have, on many occasions, taken it into stores to " click and collect" and handed the phone to the attendant to show the email reference. On EVERY occasion, they go "Whoa!, that's some phone!" ( or similar comment ).
    It really annoys me that Blackberry never marketed their recent phones properly.
    I think, if they had, they would be in a much better place than they are.
    Anyway, my final comment about the SE, and an important one, is the curved corners on the bottom of the phone make holding it so much more comfortable. The sharp corners on the original really dig into your hand. For this reason alone, it is worth changing!
    05-11-17 09:52 AM
    Windows 98, come on, really?? XP, maybe, 98??

Posted via CB10
    Life is uninteresting without the ever-looming threat of a BSOD!
    05-11-17 10:07 AM

Did you just equate BB10 to Windows 98?
    05-11-17 10:11 AM
    I mean if you have money to burn yes. It really isn't huge upgrade. Why not save that money for keyone?
    05-11-17 10:15 AM
    Heart and mind sorta decision...take the plunge....

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 11:46 AM
    why in every thread there will be one person coming up with "keyone" suggestion even it doesn't belong in that thread?
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-11-17 11:58 AM
    I am a lucky one. I have three new BB10 Passport SEs in their boxes in addition to my my current PP SE. BBb10 rocks!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 12:02 PM

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I have owned Passport OG and now on Passport SE! its quite an upgrade, if you like Passport OG then you will like PPSE.

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    05-11-17 12:04 PM
    Did you just equate BB10 to Windows 98?
    That's not right at all!

DOS-based Windows = BBOS
    NT-based Windows = BB10
    Windows-as-a-service = Android.
    05-11-17 01:46 PM
    That's not right at all!

DOS-based Windows = BBOS
    NT-based Windows = BB10
    Windows-as-a-service = Android.
    I think which NT based Windows matters, unless you want Vista.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-11-17 02:23 PM
    I think which NT based Windows matters, unless you want Vista.
    From Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols:

"'I chose my laptop (a Sony TX770P) because it had the Vista logo and was pretty disappointed that it not only wouldn't run [Aero], but more important wouldn't run [Windows] Movie Maker. ... Now I have a $2,100 e-mail machine.'

This review's author? Mike Nash, Microsoft's corporate vice president of Windows product management, in an internal e-mail dated Feb. 25, 2007. Go argue with him, Microsoft fanboys, not me."
    05-11-17 03:17 PM
    Ya! OG looks more slick! The Passport is big enough, and the SE is even bigger! No thnx!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 05:09 PM
    No. Don't do it.
    I've got both and the OG black is much classier than I thought it would be. If I had that first, I wouldn't bother with the SE. Though I can see why some would prefer the design on the SE.

Problem with the SE is stupid battery drain issue. Happens even when phone is OFF (search these forums, very prevalent for SE it seems but unheard of an an OG). If you never turn off your phone then it won't affect you

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-12-17 01:08 AM
33 12