G'day to all BlackBerry Passport big fans from Australia , I hope this message find you all well and sound. I am one of the proud BlackBerry Passport Fan and user over a decade from 8700 ‎to the current device Passport .

First impression of the BlackBerry Passport is "Wow". I am going to fall in love with this monster. And I was right. Remember how Apple said their idevices will make you want to use more and see more. Oh wow, that's not the case for my experience with the iPhone at all. After first week of the iPhone 5, sold the phone and got the black passport and loving it since. I knew the fact when I decided to give Apple a go, I will regret and it gave me a big headache. I missed the BlackBerry OS so badly that I couldn't sleep for days.

The Apple iPhone is all about you being tight in the Apple world. IOS system can't be customaed ‎like BlackBerry OS does offer. And going for the large capacity is 128GB which cost you million bulk from your bank. Oh. That's it, I will never leave BlackBerry once again, I don't even want to try it again as it was a painful experience to go from one phone to the other while. spending lot of time to set up and found out that's not for you. BlackBerry for life and yes, BlackBerry, you have my life business as long as you still produces phone.

I then later sold my black passport and got my hands on the passport Silver edition. You must be joking, The Silver Edition is definitely a improved and nest version of all passport. I could not be more thankful about my decision.

The first day I had my passport, I transferred all the data from my previous BB device and from there, I set up the google play store and had about 8 Android app installed on my passport which included skype, ebay, Google Map, WhatsApp............etc. It ran really well on the first first days, I was very happy with the battery life performance which was around 15-18 hours but I wasn't satisfied with it.

Anyway, from then, my BB Passport SE went down hill. Battery kept draining on average of 10 % within an hour even in standby mode with no usage, I even flap it face side down to save power, top right corner overheated and impossible to leave it in my pocket. Read heaps of post from Crackberry about the battery drain problem and realised could be some Android App causing the problem,

Nope, none of this work and my phone last about 5 ours and my passport went into battery saving mode as soon as it hit the 10% battery critical status. I wasn't not a happy man and I got the device reload the software as soon as I got home. It took me four hours to have the software download and reloaded it on my beloved passport SE. I stayed up until 0300 in the morning and set everything once again with the help of the backup I had from the Blackberry Link. So I was good again to go with all of my previous setting.

First day was fine and second day was a nightmare. Phone constantly Frozen, very very slow response and even making a call could have a ten seconds delay. Battery draining problem got even worse, 15 % with no usage and only standby mode, System using 70-80 % CPU. Thats it, I thought I am done with the Blackberry. I went home and just about to get on the internet to place an order for the big apple phone which I wasn't keen to go back but I had no choice. I then came to the realisation that my previous full backup still content the google play store and ID and all the other Android apps in the OS system. No wonder why it upset the BB OS system.

I then decided to give it one more go before go back to the apple. I once again took 4 hours to download and reload the software on my Passport SE. But this time I did it differently, I didn't go back to the backup that I had from the blackberry link. I deleted it and started setting up the passport like a new device fresh out of the box. Another 2.5 hours spent. And I thought I leant the lesson, I didn't install any Google play store for any Android Apps AT ALL. And ....... IT works, BB Passport works perfectly well since . I was able to compensate the Android Apps by a lot of Blackberry Negative App only from Blackberry World, I avoid Amazon App store at all cost not even initialise the app. I am getting about 1 day average battery life sometime even two days depends on how heavily I use the Passport.

So It seems to me if you do not install any Android apps on your Passport, your battery will never have a problem, in fact the passport battery performance is the best I have ever had compare with the previous BB OS system I had with Android Apps installed on it. Try to avoid the Android apps at all cost and find the alternative. This seems to me is the only way to go if you want to maximum the passport battery capacity according to my experience. If you are an app person, The Blackberry most likely not your phone as its for a totally different target market group.

In addition, go to the device monitor and the CPU section to hold your finger on the app that you finished to manually close it completely will also help a lot for the battery life, please refer to screen shot .

I am one happy BB fan again and planning to buy another passport SE for the backup purpose, I will use the passport as long as I could until I can find a phone that can bet the passport or at least as good as the passport (which I doubt about this).

Here is some screen shots I took on the passport and hope it well explained about the passport battery draining issue to many BB passport user here and I hope this post will be helpful for many others. Cheers.

PS// I also can used the 200 GB Sandisk micro sd Card with no problem Blackberry Passport Silver edition user experience and the Battery Problems & solutions-img_20160408_000242.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160408_000242.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	396401
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Passport Silver edition user experience and the Battery Problems & solutions-img_20160323_141706.jpg   Blackberry Passport Silver edition user experience and the Battery Problems & solutions-img_20160407_231903-1.jpg   Blackberry Passport Silver edition user experience and the Battery Problems & solutions-img_20160407_231113-1.jpg  
    Last edited by AnthonyDriscoll; 04-07-16 at 09:04 AM.
    04-07-16 08:26 AM
    Wow that is a lot to read....

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 09:50 AM
    Wow that is a lot to read....

Posted via CB10
    It is glorious indeed. A great and profound treatise on one man's love for a software product. Like Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, the star crossed lovers doomed to their fate by a love that should not have been, I wonder if this story shall have a similar ending once the protagonist realises that the fate of his true love has already been sealed.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 10:32 AM
    Did you experience your system heating up unregularly?

I have reduced all Android apps to Spotify and Audible and hope battery will improve.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 10:42 AM
    Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 11:11 AM
    I must have 10 to 15 droid apps on mine. I don't use them that often. Instagram twitter hulu. Very rare warm upthe sometimes in the morning if phone doesn't get a shutdown for two weeks or more. Yes mine is stable as a rock with a bunch of droid apps that I don't really use. This is all very confusing.

I would rather set up from scratch than use a backup.

You would of learned that if you were using blitz upgrades a lot. The system like a clean load not patch overs or restores. In most cases windows doesn't like it either!

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    04-07-16 11:31 AM
    Good morning !!!!

Before I would definitely say yes, Sometime I put the passport in my pocket and it end up heating from time to time, my first thought came to me as the touch screen may be accidentally turn on with the sensor still enable. Then I looked it upon closely when it happened on a few occasions and it found out to be some Android app still running in the background even thought they'll have been disable with the run in the background ......etc in the App permission. Also I suspected the Google play store or other related google service running heavily on the background which caused the heating and battery draining issue. So as I mentioned in my post, I reloaded the software and started setting up the Passport like a new device from the box and it works perfectly fine since. Battery is absolutely awesome.
    04-07-16 05:59 PM
    How did you get the wireless charging working on passport? I thought the passport doesn't support the wireless charging? Can you provide the model thats working for you ? Cheers.
    04-07-16 06:01 PM
    How did you get the wireless charging working on passport? I thought the passport doesn't support the wireless charging? Can you provide the model thats working for you ? Cheers.
    Its only the AT&T version that has Wireless charging.
    04-07-16 06:24 PM
    Hi bought SE a month ago and haven't installed any android app,first 15 days my battery was rocking and used to run upto 17-19 hours,since last 2 days no longer than 10-12 hours, I just can't figure out the reason,bloody every day is a new irritating surprise I am getting. Pls help what should I do...

Passport Silver Edition
    06-19-17 04:14 PM
    Hi bought SE a month ago and haven't installed any android app,first 15 days my battery was rocking and used to run upto 17-19 hours,since last 2 days no longer than 10-12 hours, I just can't figure out the reason,bloody every day is a new irritating surprise I am getting. Pls help what should I do...

Passport Silver Edition
    Do you have any email in push?
    Maybe a reboot will solve it. Did you try? When the phone is restarting wait for some minute before using it. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 05:09 PM
    Thanks elfa,have three email accounts, will try as suggested, this morning at 6.08am I unplugged charging at95% and my phone was idle with couple of what's app msgs and few emails received with no calls at all.charge drop to 46% at 11am.

Passport Silver Edition
    06-20-17 01:46 AM
    I got the google playstore installed, and a few android apps and I get about 2 days of battery life. I have the Passport SE and it is simply awesome, so I bought 3 new ones as spares.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 02:09 AM
    Thanks elfa,have three email accounts, will try as suggested, this morning at 6.08am I unplugged charging at95% and my phone was idle with couple of what's app msgs and few emails received with no calls at all.charge drop to 46% at 11am.

Passport Silver Edition
    Try to eliminate the the email push and to select instead manual update in case it is OK for you.

Maybe you can try, worst scenario, to reload the os?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 04:18 AM
    There seem to be two sources for battery drain:

1. System updates. You just need to wait for the phone to settle.
    2. Specific android apps. Kindle in particular from the amazon app store would send my phone into a tail spin.

Without those my passport goes o for days.
    06-20-17 02:16 PM
    The thing is these poorly made or spy Hungary droid apps. That's always been the ***** of droid apps that is why they have to chase highest spec CPU. It's not performance driven it's app driven with crap software. If anyone cared about humanity... Android would morph into BB10.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    06-20-17 05:18 PM

Passport Silver Edition
    You mentioned Whatsapp. You running the BB10 or Android version? Whatsapp tends to suck data & battery like crazy.
    Pull up your Device Monitor and check what app has been chewing up the power and when.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 12:41 AM
    Hi to all those who was kind to reply my concern,i have never used any android app on my beautiful BlackBerry and secondly thanks once again to Elfa,rookie and efat for your valuable and BlackBerry brotherhood support I have reloaded os and it turned out to be very satisfactory for me till yet, now my SE only gets heated up during charging, watching videos and while on the calls when it is on charging...on the complete right side of the phone.. and other issue is linked in is not functioning as it supposed to,it's not retrieving invitations and the notification says temporarily linked in services is unavailable. Thanks...

Passport Silver Edition
    06-21-17 04:10 AM