I bought a blackberry passport from a friend. I used blackberry link to format the phone. On startup it is asking for the blackberry id used to setup the phone. My friend used his id but is is not going through. Is there any way to solve this issue or is there any way to know which id was used to setup the phone.
    11-25-17 02:26 AM
    11-25-17 02:32 AM
    Your friend needs to remember their BBID and password, or you have just bought a paperweight. Blackberry may unlock it for you if you can provide the original proof of purchase, but the shipping and charges are likely to be close to the price of another used Passport.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-25-17 05:36 AM
    I bought a blackberry passport from a̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ eBay. I used blackberry link to format the phone. On startup it is asking for the blackberry id used to setup the phone. m̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ the thief on eBay u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶d̶ gave me a bogus id b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ which was never going to work. Is there any way to s̶o̶l̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶n̶e̶ crack blackberry protect?

There are some answers on this forum, do a search for bypass blackberry protect / remove BBID. None are guaranteed to work and some of them are long and convoluted, involving the use of multiple autoloaders. Still, I have seen some comments suggesting that it is possible.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and zaidh4u like this.
    11-25-17 06:50 AM
    I have the original box, warranty card, invoice , charger etc. And i bought from my friend.
    11-25-17 07:57 AM
    I don know much about blackberry. First time user. I bought passport SE because it was in mint condition. But because of this startup issue is driving me crazy. I am getting a brand new passport normal version for almost the same price. Should I stick with SE or buy a new passport. Someone please suggest.
    11-25-17 08:28 AM
    There are some answers on this forum, do a search for bypass blackberry protect / remove BBID. None are guaranteed to work and some of them are long and convoluted, involving the use of multiple autoloaders. Still, I have seen some comments suggesting that it is possible.

Posted via CB10
    You'r sooo bad!!!

Zaidh4u: Friend must know the BBID because there is only one for all of the BB's in hand.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-17 09:00 AM
    I don know much about blackberry. First time user. I bought passport SE because it was in mint condition. But because of this startup issue is driving me crazy. I am getting a brand new passport normal version for almost the same price. Should I stick with SE or buy a new passport. Someone please suggest.
    Enter 10times a false GMAIL email adress. It worked for me with the newest OS 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    11-25-17 09:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the suggestion. Will try to search.
    11-25-17 10:14 AM
    Enter 10times a false GMAIL email adress. It worked for me with the newest OS 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    tried. After the 10th attempt the it shows signing in to blackberry id and its processing since the last 10 minutes.
    11-25-17 10:16 AM
    tried. After the 10th attempt the it shows signing in to blackberry id and its processing since the last 10 minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry passport silver edition forgot blackberry id-13729.jpg  
    11-25-17 10:19 AM
    @Q10Bold. I appreciate your help. but it's not working.
    11-25-17 10:21 AM
    Press and hold power button for hard reset.
    Then if it still does the same thing, autoloader it again.
    11-25-17 10:44 AM
    @Q10Bold. I appreciate your help. but it's not working.
    Your friend needs to log onto BlackBerry Protect with his BBID and remove the device.... if he can't access it or forgot his ID. The phone is locked by BlackBerry Protect and is a paper weight.

He as the original owner might be able to contact BlackBerry if he has proof of original purchase via a authorized retailer and the phone is under warranty or he (or you) are willing to pay for support. That's IF he can get through the maze that once was BlackBerry support.
    11-27-17 08:35 AM