My Blackberry Passport Silver has issue with my Bluetooth headset Legend. It kept on disconnecting and reconnecting every minute or so. This didn't happen with my original Blackberry Passport. I already resetted, including the bluetooth stack, and the problem is still not resolved. Anybody encountered similar problem?

I never had this problem with my original Blackberry Passport.

Thank you in advance,
    09-05-15 09:41 AM
    I am surprised that it worked flawlessly with original passport. I never got my legend working with any version of BB10 for usable period of time. Long story short, Plantronics dont care for BB10 by way of support.
    There are other threads with similar story and predictable outcome of using a BT if it is made by Plantronics.
    09-05-15 01:07 PM
    I am surprised that it worked flawlessly with original passport. I never got my legend working with any version of BB10 for usable period of time. Long story short, Plantronics dont care for BB10 by way of support.
    There are other threads with similar story and predictable outcome of using a BT if it is made by Plantronics.
    Yes, search CB for the other threads. It's not Plantronics' fault. There is an apparent but unidentified hardware issue with some Passports, and the OG and SE Passports are the same hardware. It has nothing to do with the OS. I finally returned my OG Passport under warranty via Amazon, got another one, and never had the problem again, even with my SE.

My experience with Plantronics was good. They tried to help. What they didn't know was that they couldn't help. It was BlackBerry that could have helped but didn't, even after I submitted multiple logs to their engineers.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 01:25 PM
    Ken, lucky you that it worked out well in end. I had to utterly give up because Blackberry India just refuse to enforce any protection to buyers and vehemently deny any replacement, if it is not a very patent manufacturing defect of some sort.
    They follow a simple policy of 'you cant prove it, it hasn't happen'. Recently I went in to a service centre just to toy with them with an otherwise very valid issue that my B key does not work with normal pressure. They laughed and told me to press harder because it is not a defect worth considering a replacement.
    09-05-15 02:49 PM
    Ken, lucky you that it worked out well in end. I had to utterly give up because Blackberry India just refuse to enforce any protection to buyers and vehemently deny any replacement, if it is not a very patent manufacturing defect of some sort.
    They follow a simple policy of 'you cant prove it, it hasn't happen'. Recently I went in to a service centre just to toy with them with an otherwise very valid issue that my B key does not work with normal pressure. They laughed and told me to press harder because it is not a defect worth considering a replacement.
    Lucky, yes. And it wasn't BlackBerry itself that was of any assistance other than taking my support calls (but never really addressing the issue). They said to go back to Amazon (US) to get a warranty exchange if I could. Amazon first said I would have to go through BlackBerry, but after I explained that no one wanted to take possession of the problem, Amazon said to send it back for an exchange, and that's what I did.

This is one of the reasons I didn't want to buy my new SE Passport from ShopBlackberry, but their package deal on the SE with the cases and stand were just too good to pass up.

In general, I would advise anyone to buy from Amazon if possible. Their customer service is unmatched.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 03:38 PM
    I bought my unlocked PP paying upfront and thought about Amazon too but Amazon India was basically a private seller (now vanished from radar) and Amazon US left me out in cold saying if I ever have to return, transit insurgence and two way postage will be on me. That caveat coupled with import duties pushed the price point way beyond my budget.
    I hope I will get a decent deal on Silver PP on coming Black Friday !
    TC
    09-06-15 05:57 AM