Also this is only the 2nd day. Let your phone settle in for like a week and then see the battery life.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    This comment is right on the money. It took almost a week for my Passport to "settle down". For the first four or five days, I was only getting about 10-12 hours of battery life starting from about 6:30 each morning. I'm a very heavy user with VPN, seven email accounts, and three social sites I frequent.

Now I'm getting a solid 20 hours or so. One of the interesting things about the PP is that 80% battery life is actually significantly more "hours" than 80% on my Q10. Please keep that in mind.

If you are running Android apps, you want to make sure to go to Application Permissions and turn off "run when minimized". Some of the Android apps will significantly impact battery life, even when not active.

Posted from my Passport. It's hip to be square
    05-06-15 11:11 AM
    Do you have any apps running in the background?

Go to setting>security and Privacy>application permissions>then review your apps and see what apps are selected to run when minimized.

You can do this by selecting each app and you might be surprised at how many apps are running in the background (especially android apps), even after you have closed them.

Try and and hopefully that helps a bit also. But as many others have said, since you have only had it for a few days, just give it a bit longer to settle in and have it get used to everything.
    05-06-15 11:18 AM
    Hello,

I dont know if its something with blackberry's or me..

I bought a 9300 ,compared it with my friends they had better batter..
    then, i went for 9790 it was good but had an accident i lost it..
    then came, Q5 for my friends it used to last a whole day for me half than their battery life..

NOW, after seeing the BB Passport, i wanted to get it because of batter life and the design it just looks amazing.

well, being a loyal BlackBerry user I want to ask my fellow users if they are having the same issue.

I travel 240 KM's a day , ( my college is 120 KM from my house then back to my home takes another 120KM.) one way trip is around 50 minutes. anyways, when I left home my mobile was 87 % charged, now i checked it it shows 79% and in device monitor it says 1 hour 31 minutes since last charge.
    so its like 8 % down in 1 hour and 31 minutes while the mobile was idle, as i didnt even use it just for a call of max 2 minutes. ( i use Samsung as my music player so yea.) its really annoying as its just my 2nd day with passport and its giving me this issue !!

Some details about my Device :
    2 email accounts ( Manual sync)
    1 facebook
    BBM
    whatsapp.

thats what I use mostly. I am afraid of downloading any applications as it will help my battery drain faster. I dont have apps installed yet.

Can anyone guide me with this please?.

Sorry for such a long thread, i just cant wait for this device to be fixed and give me a good time with the battery .

Thank You.
    Traveling by car is consuming very fast the battery ! This was my experience with all my past devices, including several BlackBerry and an iPhone.
    I guess it's because of non stable signal and because of the continual change of the towers where the phone is connected.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    05-06-15 01:03 PM
    Do you have any apps running in the background?

Go to setting>security and Privacy>application permissions>then review your apps and see what apps are selected to run when minimized.

You can do this by selecting each app and you might be surprised at how many apps are running in the background (especially android apps), even after you have closed them.

Try and and hopefully that helps a bit also. But as many others have said, since you have only had it for a few days, just give it a bit longer to settle in and have it get used to everything.
    This really helped!! Thanks a lot!

And yea I willdo that

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:22 PM
    This comment is right on the money. It took almost a week for my Passport to "settle down". For the first four or five days, I was only getting about 10-12 hours of battery life starting from about 6:30 each morning. I'm a very heavy user with VPN, seven email accounts, and three social sites I frequent.

Now I'm getting a solid 20 hours or so. One of the interesting things about the PP is that 80% battery life is actually significantly more "hours" than 80% on my Q10. Please keep that in mind.

If you are running Android apps, you want to make sure to go to Application Permissions and turn off "run when minimized". Some of the Android apps will significantly impact battery life, even when not active.

Posted from my Passport. It's hip to be square
    Thanks buddy!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:23 PM
    If I use this charger is it okay?
    Attachment 351402

Posted via CB10
    This look like an old charger... 500ma
    I have a 1.2a and 2.1a charger for my Z30.
    Not origanal but works fine.
    I also use my Ipad 3 charger to charge my Z30.
    I use it now for 1,5 year, no problems.
    hyper878 likes this.
    05-06-15 03:43 PM
    Try using a PlayBook charger if you can find one; I do and it's good for my PP, IMHO, Good luck.
    hyper878 likes this.
    05-06-15 03:46 PM
    I think the problem is the last update.
    My Z30 also had that problem.
    I updated it to Beta 10.3.2.500
    The problem is solved.
    05-06-15 03:46 PM
    Quick answer, off the top of my head.
    1. Could be the version of BB10 you're using. As different "upgrades" have been pushed out, I have noticed my battery life decline. I assume it will eventually work itself out.
    2. I have noticed some apps, like Words with Friends, result in several other apps opening up, and staying open.
    3. Some map apps can really drain both battery and bandwidth.
    4. I just was informed that you can disable BBM by using Parental Controls. If you don't use BBM, then I'd recommend you do that, so that's one less thing running in the background.
    5. When I'm driving for any length of time, I'll generally charge the phone while driving.
    6. Also check to see what you allow to run in the background in app permissions.

I think your major issues are probably that you're running a version of BB10 that's still a work in progress, and possibly that you have some evil Android apps installed that are hogging the battery.
    hyper878 likes this.
    05-07-15 01:49 PM
    Quick answer, off the top of my head.
    1. Could be the version of BB10 you're using. As different "upgrades" have been pushed out, I have noticed my battery life decline. I assume it will eventually work itself out.
    2. I have noticed some apps, like Words with Friends, result in several other apps opening up, and staying open.
    3. Some map apps can really drain both battery and bandwidth.
    4. I just was informed that you can disable BBM by using Parental Controls. If you don't use BBM, then I'd recommend you do that, so that's one less thing running in the background.
    5. When I'm driving for any length of time, I'll generally charge the phone while driving.
    6. Also check to see what you allow to run in the background in app permissions.

I think your major issues are probably that you're running a version of BB10 that's still a work in progress, and possibly that you have some evil Android apps installed that are hogging the battery.

Thanks!
    W
    Ell it's starting to give me a good battery life will wait for couple of days more!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 05:50 PM
    Blackberry Passport Serious Issue.-img_20150512_213806.png.

Thought of sharing

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 12:43 PM
    My battery average life is 17 hour. I think yours look normal to me. I still wonder how people get 3 days. I don't live in US, so mobile network coverages might be the culprit. Most of my setting are default.
    Blackberry Passport Serious Issue.-img_20150513_121214.png
    Blackberry Passport Serious Issue.-img_20150513_121432.png

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 12:15 AM
    Output is 500mA and this is a car charger. Using it would not cause any battery damage? Just want to confirm that.

Posted via CB10
    No that's not okay. 500mA is way too low

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 01:04 AM
    I just want to comment on the charger. I have studied lithium ion batteries and while many use the PlayBook charger without issue, I would recommend a BlackBerry branded charger. The stock Passport charger is more than enough and gives off more heat than necessary as does the PlayBook charger which gives off more. Heat = battery degradation over time.

The charger you posted was said to be 500mah output. That is not much at all. About the same as using the stock USB connected to a PC. For optimal battery capacity it is recommended to use the stock charger or one with less output that is BlackBerry branded. I use the Z30 charger at 850mah which is only slightly slower than the stock charger, but gives off much less heat. This is more long term thinking... as in years.

For your current situation, I think I wrote to do the hard reboot with the volume keys then just delete the screen shot and let the OS settle. You should use a charger that is high quality with 850mah-1300mah capacity. For the short term by just browsing this thread it seems as though it may be the area you are in with connections dropping in and out constantly. If that is the case I have no idea how anybody would get by with a Z10 or iPhone as it would last for about two hours!

As I wrote, without changing any default settings and multiple emails, Facebook, Android apps the Passports we own easily get 2-3 days per charge. Will reread thread in more detail when I can if you are still having problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 01:11 AM
    I just want to comment on the charger. I have studied lithium ion batteries and while many use the PlayBook charger without issue, I would recommend a BlackBerry branded charger. The stock Passport charger is more than enough and gives off more heat than necessary as does the PlayBook charger which gives off more. Heat = battery degradation over time.

The charger you posted was said to be 500mah output. That is not much at all. About the same as using the stock USB connected to a PC. For optimal battery capacity it is recommended to use the stock charger or one with less output that is BlackBerry branded. I use the Z30 charger at 850mah which is only slightly slower than the stock charger, but gives off much less heat. This is more long term thinking... as in years.

For your current situation, I think I wrote to do the hard reboot with the volume keys then just delete the screen shot and let the OS settle. You should use a charger that is high quality with 850mah-1300mah capacity. For the short term by just browsing this thread it seems as though it may be the area you are in with connections dropping in and out constantly. If that is the case I have no idea how anybody would get by with a Z10 or iPhone as it would last for about two hours!

As I wrote, without changing any default settings and multiple emails, Facebook, Android apps the Passports we own easily get 2-3 days per charge. Will reread thread in more detail when I can if you are still having problems.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Its giving me a good battery life depending on my usage. Longest was for a day ands 15 hours!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    You do realize that the heat you speak up degrading the battery will literally take years to notice? Most people don't even keep a phone for 2 years let alone enough time to see a degradation in battery life due to heat. I use lithium polymer batteries daily and in all sorts of amperage and voltage in the RC airplane hobby(way more amps then we see in cell phones. One battery I use is 8500amps, definitely not the norm though). We charge our batteries as fast as possible(usually 2amps) regardless of heat(the heat from rapid discharge(8500amps in 10 minutes or less) is way more then rapid charging, almost to the point of not being able to handle it), and over the course of at least 1k cycles, the loss in nearly immeasurable. When you get to 3 or 4k cycles you start to notice a degradation(which IMO you will not see in many years of service on a cell phone).
    05-13-15 07:47 AM
    ** another thingto add , I am using it on 2G.. cant risk using 3G or 4 cause of battery life.

Should i shift to 3 or 4 g?.
    This is what is eating your battery
    2g doesn't use less battery. Your phone should chose the best network and that will give it the best battery! As others have said, travelling can also cause the battery to drop since you are constantly connecting and disconnecting your network.

It's almost 100% an issue with weak signal. I bet once you stop moving your battery barely even moves 1% per hour idle.

Also, if your screen is set to high brightness it will use A LOT of battery when it's on.
    05-13-15 08:39 AM
    What OS are you running?

Also, I noticed a picture before and it said system was like 8.3 percent of something. That's super high IMHO. Mine without having my mint bills android app installed will sit around 4.

Are you streaming music in the car on your way to your university?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 08:50 AM
    You do realize that the heat you speak up degrading the battery will literally take years to notice? Most people don't even keep a phone for 2 years let alone enough time to see a degradation in battery life due to heat. I use lithium polymer batteries daily and in all sorts of amperage and voltage in the RC airplane hobby(way more amps then we see in cell phones. One battery I use is 8500amps, definitely not the norm though). We charge our batteries as fast as possible(usually 2amps) regardless of heat(the heat from rapid discharge(8500amps in 10 minutes or less) is way more then rapid charging, almost to the point of not being able to handle it), and over the course of at least 1k cycles, the loss in nearly immeasurable. When you get to 3 or 4k cycles you start to notice a degradation(which IMO you will not see in many years of service on a cell phone).
    Absolutely which is why I wrote that I was being a bit obsessive and also wrote that this would be long term as in years in which most people would likely move on to another device before realizing any capacity loss.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 12:12 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 06:02 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150512_213806.png 
Views:	405 
Size:	531.3 KB 
ID:	352501.

Thought of sharing

Posted via CB10

I have a silly question, how did you get your device monitor to show the average batter life and all the information that you have in your posted screen shot? Thanks for the help.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    05-14-15 12:05 PM
    I have a silly question, how did you get your device monitor to show the average batter life and all the information that you have in your posted screen shot? Thanks for the help.
    Update to 10.3.1 and open device manager. Swipe up back home and you get that.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:31 AM
    Update to 10.3.1 and open device manager. Swipe up back home and you get that.

Posted via CB10

Thanks for the help.
    05-15-15 01:51 PM
73 123