Thanks. I will try that.

Another thing. I always fancy a silicon back case for my mobile phones to prevent any damage to them incase they fall or anything. Is this effecting aswell? I don't know why but I believe it acts as a barrier?

Posted via CB10
    As far as cases, I have the leather flex shell from BlackBerry and my mom has a Seidio Surface Case on AT&T until her Skinomi skin gets here. The charger and case should not be causing your battery to drain unless you are using a bad cable/charger that is degrading your battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:34 AM
    On days that you're not travelling much. How's the battery?
    05-06-15 02:46 AM
    From your device monitor it doesn't seem like anything is excessively draining your battery. We have 3 Passports in the house.

I'll use my mom's as an example. She has WiFi always on, Bluetooth always on, 1 email set at the default sync (30 minutes), Facebook, along with igrann, and a bunch of Android apps including Fitbit which she syncs multiple times a day and weight watchers which she uses every day. Pinterest and all other apps used on occasion as well.

She charges the Passport at night and coming from a Z10 I convinced her to only charge every other night. After taking the device off of the charger, by the end of the first day she is around 75% and by the end of the second day before charging at night the battery is usually around or below 50%. Screen is set to whatever the default is and Battery Saving Mode Is set to default (doesn't go on until 20%). Her phone never gets that low so it never activates.

On the weekends with higher usage she'll lose 30-40% every 24 hours so off the charger Saturday morning and by Sunday night she'll be close to 20%. I used her as an example as she leaves WiFi on, Bluetooth on, email syncs automatically, uses Facebook and gets a bunch of notifications throughout the day, and uses multiple apps including Android apps.

If the phone is new and you just updated it recently do a "hard reboot" by holding the volume up key and the volume down key at the same time until you see the BlackBerry logo screen then let go. This will take a screen shot, but just delete after the phone restarts. After doing that and letting the OS settle, you could post a screen shot of your device monitor and provide a list of apps installed. I know that the Kindle app does not play well and I believe Ebay drains the battery significantly.

As for my device, I have two emails that sync every half hour which is the stock sync and no social media. Mostly browse and play music on the Passport. Right now my device monitor when minimized says my
    "Average Battery Life" is 2 days 20 hours. "Battery Time Remaining" is 3 days (just took it off of the charger). My screen is also set to default.

The Passport battery is so good there is no need to dim the screen or change the settings. Used my mom as an example because of her usage, apps, and social media. My battery life is better than hers. Anyway, that's my experience and suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Thanks buddy really helped!

Like most ofthe users said give it sometime I will do it and check it for a week. And I will post my screenshots in a while.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:32 AM
    Output is 500mA and this is a car charger. Using it would not cause any battery damage? Just want to confirm that.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:33 AM
    - the first day I used it it drained fast gotta try it for a while now.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:34 AM
    1 more thing to add I have 55% battery now is that good?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:35 AM
    Blackberry Passport Serious Issue.-img_20150506_123552.png

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:37 AM
    Blackberry Passport Serious Issue.-img_20150506_123540.png

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:37 AM
    Like other people here have suggested, I think the problem is that traveling through areas with less-than-spectacular coverage drains the battery because the phone tries hard to maintain the connection. I commute as well and I have had the same issue with my Z10 first and now with my Passport, my 45-minute commute goes through some areas with low signal so I can easily lose 10-15% battery throughout, especially with the Z10 (the Passport holds better). If my battery is not fully charged and I estimate I won't be able to charge it in time I just turn airplane mode on when I jump on the train.
    hyper878 and wincyUt like this.
    05-06-15 07:09 AM
    Avoid.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 07:43 AM
    Output is 500mA and this is a car charger. Using it would not cause any battery damage? Just want to confirm that.

Posted via CB10
    That is too "weak" for the passport. 850mA minimum. I charged mine once with a 700mA and had terrible battery life. I know in theory it shouldn't matter but the Passport does have a big battery and needs that extra amperage.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    05-06-15 07:50 AM
    I have the passport for more than eight months . I always use 4GLTE and never had any problems with battery life . It has even innumerous android's applications running on it .

Most likely you are traveling through areas that do not have signal and, therefore , you're battery is been draing.

Have you tried installing a leak in it? On many occasions , she solves problems.
    05-06-15 08:03 AM
    Sounds similar will give it a go for a week let's see how it goes. Thanks thou for sharing your experience.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:04 AM
    That is too "weak" for the passport. 850mA minimum. I charged mine once with a 700mA and had terrible battery life. I know in theory it shouldn't matter but the Passport does have a big battery and needs that extra amperage.

Posted via CB10
    So if I use this charger it's gona effect my battery? I have no other charger btw....

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:05 AM
    I have the passport for more than eight months . I always use 4GLTE and never had any problems with battery life . It has even innumerous android's applications running on it .

Most likely you are traveling through areas that do not have signal and, therefore , you're battery is been draing.

Have you tried installing a leak in it? On many occasions , she solves problems.

Yep starting to believe the travelling as an issue.

Leak? You mean the OS?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:07 AM
    So if I use this charger it's gona effect my battery? I have no other charger btw....

Posted via CB10
    You should atleast use the charger that came with the Passport and nothing under 850mA.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:10 AM
    It takes you 50 minutes to travel 120kms?
    I would rather be concerned of not getting a speed ticket instead of your phones battery life....

Posted via CB10
    hyper878 likes this.
    05-06-15 08:10 AM
    You should atleast use the charger that came with the Passport and nothing under 850mA.

Posted via CB10
    It's a car charger not the plug/socket charger

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:05 AM
    It takes you 50 minutes to travel 120kms?
    I would rather be concerned of not getting a speed ticket instead of your phones battery life....

Posted via CB10
    Ahaha was wonder if someone will notice this. Well the road speed limit is 120km/h. We can drive upto. 139km/h and we have fixed radars on road so when they are gone we can hit 180 + or so ;D

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:07 AM
    It's a car charger not the plug/socket charger

Posted via CB10
    Try finding another charger. It might work. If you can't I would turn your phone off while charging because 500mA is not enough to power the device and top off the battery.

Posted via CB10
    hyper878 likes this.
    05-06-15 09:12 AM
    You travel 120 kms in 50 minutes? Aren't there speed limits!?

As for the phone, I know when you first get the phone and sync accounts, depending on how much info needs to be synced, it can take a few days for the phone to settle down. I would give it a few days and then monitor from there. I use my phone A LOT! My average battery life with the passport is around 16 hours.

Edit: just read your response about speed limit and fixed radars...

Posted via CB10
    hyper878 likes this.
    05-06-15 09:13 AM
    1) You drive hella fast.
    2) Give your device a couple days to settle - as others have mentioned a new device/new OS has to do a lot of indexing which will have a negative impact on your battery life.
    3) Depending on the coverage in your area, being on 2G/3G/4G might affect your battery in different ways so you might want to experiment a bit - I wouldn't assume 2G is best 100% of the time but going through areas with weak signal will probably impact your battery.
    4) I would recommend getting a better charger. AFAIK using a 500mA charger won't damage your battery (but I could be wrong) but it definitely isn't going to charge it very efficiently.
    hyper878 likes this.
    05-06-15 10:55 AM
    Try finding another charger. It might work. If you can't I would turn your phone off while charging because 500mA is not enough to power the device and top off the battery.

Posted via CB10
    Will do thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 11:09 AM
    You travel 120 kms in 50 minutes? Aren't there speed limits!?

As for the phone, I know when you first get the phone and sync accounts, depending on how much info needs to be synced, it can take a few days for the phone to settle down. I would give it a few days and then monitor from there. I use my phone A LOT! My average battery life with the passport is around 16 hours.

Edit: just read your response about speed limit and fixed radars...

Posted via CB10
    Well, it's a confusing story if you visit Dubai (UAE) someday leme know. Will give you a ride and show you around!

Sure will do. Thanks a lot

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 11:10 AM
    1) You drive hella fast.
    2) Give your device a couple days to settle - as others have mentioned a new device/new OS has to do a lot of indexing which will have a negative impact on your battery life.
    3) Depending on the coverage in your area, being on 2G/3G/4G might affect your battery in different ways so you might want to experiment a bit - I wouldn't assume 2G is best 100% of the time but going through areas with weak signal will probably impact your battery.
    4) I would recommend getting a better charger. AFAIK using a 500mA charger won't damage your battery (but I could be wrong) but it definitely isn't going to charge it very efficiently.
    Ahahah. I m loving the replies!

Yep I think the same. Will give it a shot for a week or so! And get back here. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 11:11 AM
73 123