So it has now been two days since I traded in my Nokia 920 for a Passport and so far the experience continues to be a good one. I love the big screen. It makes surfing the Internet, using Twitter and reading email a true pleasure. I amazing however still getting used to a few things:
    1. The button for activating blackberry assistant on the passport is where the on button was on my Nokia. So I keep hitting it by mistake.
    2. I miss the glance screen and the live tiles from the windows phone operating system. They made checking the time or seeing if you had a text super easy.
    3. I miss Nokia music quite a bit. It was a free Pandora like music streaming service that came with my phone.

Finally anyone know of a way to get music on the passport without using blend? My old mac won't run blend

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 11:20 AM
    You can use BlackBerry link to add music, or, if you have and micros SD card, just drag and drop the files. Settings-storage and access-USB mass storage mode.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 11:26 AM
    Finally anyone know of a way to get music on the passport without using blend? My old mac won't run blend
    Do you have an SD card for your Passport? If so just transfer your music onto this drive using the USB cable. This is the quickest way.
    10-15-15 11:30 AM
    If your music is saved on your computer, the most simple way is to get a memory card with adaptor for your Passport and just drag and drop the music files from your computer to the card, and put it in your phone.

I've never used a Mac computer, but on my PC I can plug my Passport in via USB and copy/paste music onto it. Basically use it as a removable hard drive.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 11:30 AM
    Thanks everyone! Will try the suggested method.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 12:01 PM
    No problem Mitch, we are here to help.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 12:50 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59970444 try this app for free and free music.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 01:08 PM
    I have never used a window phone so I cannot comment on the live tiles but in bb10 you can check the date, time and messages within any app with gestures, without leaving the app... do you know this? If you don't, in any app just swipe from bottom up to mid screen, the app will get smaller and you will see the time, and about one second later, also the date on the top left corner... now, regarding the messages, the gesture would be from the bottom up to mid screen and then to the right, all in one move, you don't release the screen, just peek and you will see all the messages in the hub... if one of them it's interesting to you then you can finish the swipe to the right and release, then you will be at the hub... hope this helps in case you didn't know... good luck!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 01:48 PM
    I did not know that second tip! Thanks! Super helpful

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 02:42 PM
    Good to know that you learned something new... also, as you know, you have instant previews, so when a message arrives you can type in the window you will get and once you send it you stay in your app, all without leaving it... or you click on the preview and you will go directly to the message in the hub... and since you have the option to color code the led for type of message or contact, you also could know what you got/who contacted you...

Posted via CB10
    DezertDwella likes this.
    10-15-15 03:45 PM
    Stereo Tube in blackberry world is a (hidden) gem of an app!
    10-15-15 06:36 PM
    Also try groovy from blackberry world!gret app to find music for phone

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 06:53 PM
    Peek N Flow

ѕσ ѕнσят нє нαѕ тσ ѕтαη∂ ση α вσχ тσ кιк α ∂υк ιη тнє αѕѕ.
    10-16-15 02:38 AM