I have a little problem with my Passport SE. When I receive a regular text message and I opened the text the screen starts flickering. BlackBerry had to send out a device to me and to my surprise that also flickers.

I like my Passport very much.

Anyone knows what the problem or issue might be? Seems like BlackBerry doesn't know if it's a software issue or hardware issue.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 10:25 AM
    I haven't been able to find a solid reason for the screen flickering on either of my old Z10's or the Z30 I now use. I feel it's a combination of device memory usage and the device 'waking up' after sitting unused for a while. I keep my Z30 in a BB sleep pouch. On occasion after removing it from the pouch and quickly opening a text message, I get the screen flickering. The issue isn't nearly as frequent if the device had been rebooted recently.

For me it's a non issue as it's became a rarity. Good luck at finding out the root cause if you choose to pursue the issue.
    02-25-16 11:45 AM
    Is this in a long running text conversation? If so, delete the conversation - this has cured it for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 05:21 PM
    So do I always have to delete long conversations? Is that what is causing the screen to flick?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 05:02 AM
    So do I always have to delete long conversations? Is that what is causing the screen to flick?

Posted via CB10
    In my case deleting them didn't matter.
    02-26-16 06:50 AM
    The OS update stopped that on my att version.
    02-26-16 09:34 AM
    It's a bug in the text message app. Not sure what the cause is but some have said that deleting long and even just old texts will resolve it. Actually, since I've deleted a very long conversation I haven't seen it happen to me and my BlackBerry blend has been 100x faster to send texts. Try it out.
    02-26-16 10:26 AM