As you are probably aware, lithium batteries have a certain amount of charging cycles before they are unusable. Essentially, they are degrading every time you charge them.

Many of us here love our devices, and the SE is something special. However, I cannot find a replacement battery (or keyboard) anywhere.

I don't want key-one owners to chime in. I don't use social media, I'm happy that I have a phone that is one step-up from a feature phone and I want to preserve it.

This thread is those of us that are passionate Passport owners and don't want it derailed with another Android VS BB10 debate.

If you go on ebay, you'll find replacement batteries and keyboards compatible for the SQW100-1;SQW100-2 & SQW100-3 - but not the the SE (SQW100-4).

Posted via CB10
    09-16-18 08:36 AM
    As you are probably aware, lithium batteries have a certain amount of charging cycles before they are unusable. Essentially, they are degrading every time you charge them.

Many of us here love our devices, and the SE is something special. However, I cannot find a replacement battery (or keyboard) anywhere.

I don't want key-one owners to chime in. I don't use social media, I'm happy that I have a phone that is one step-up from a feature phone and I want to preserve it.

This thread is those of us that are passionate Passport owners and don't want it derailed with another Android VS BB10 debate.

If you go on ebay, you'll find replacement batteries and keyboards compatible for the SQW100-1;SQW100-2 & SQW100-3 - but not the the SE (SQW100-4).

Posted via CB10
    is SE's battry different with OG's Battry?

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-16-18 08:47 AM
    is SE's battry different with OG's Battry?

I can't see why they wouldn't be. It is just peculiar that the replacement batteries on ebay (or anywhere else). Doesn't specifically state that they are compatible for the hardware revision.

Only one way to find out is to grab a T5 screwdriver, purchase a battery on ebay that's compatible with the previous revisions and swap em' out.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-18 08:51 AM
    09-16-18 08:57 AM
    I can't see why they wouldn't be. It is just peculiar that the replacement batteries on ebay (or anywhere else). Doesn't specifically state that they are compatible for the hardware revision.

Only one way to find out is to grab a T5 screwdriver, purchase a battery on ebay that's compatible with the previous revisions and swap em' out.

Posted via CB10
    last year, I bought LCD screen for SE on ebay about 105usd from chinashipping
    but after arrived, it was defect at connector, I dont know it geunie part or not, but I was so frustated,but it still used and work fine.

about the battry, im sure its same,but you seach it on ebay with same battry type with SE battry.

ZeBB45 likes this.
    09-16-18 08:57 AM
    Nice one!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-18 09:08 AM
    Nice one!

Posted via CB10
    I'm fairly certain that the Passport Battery is the same for both versions. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    09-16-18 09:42 AM
    I'm fairly certain that the Passport Battery is the same for both versions. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Indeed. It would be great for us all if we knew for certainty.

In theory, you would assume that all revisions of the BlackBerry Passport would have the same internal hardware. It would make sense for them, economically, to do this. Yes, the SE variant has a different keyboard and curved edges, but it isn't a completely different animal.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-18 10:00 AM
    I searched a little bit in this forum and I found out that the changes of the OG and SE is only outside and relocating of the antenna. Internal is in both devices the same. So I am more than pretty sure that you can take every replacement battery which is good for the OG as for the SE.
    09-16-18 03:49 PM