Hello I’m thinking of buying a passport silver edition. I’m getting it for 100$ is that a good price. I got my classic for 20$ so I don’t know if 100$ is much or not for the passport.

And he did the full reset on the phone. Can it be activated just like the classic by following the steps with the 3 press on power so it starts to speak.
    08-21-22 10:13 AM
    Hello I’m thinking of buying a passport silver edition. I’m getting it for 100$ is that a good price. I got my classic for 20$ so I don’t know if 100$ is much or not for the passport.

And he did the full reset on the phone. Can it be activated just like the classic by following the steps with the 3 press on power so it starts to speak.
    This depends are where you are, in the US the phone will have very limited connections. Ask your carrier first if 1 they support it and two if so for how long. 100 bucks seems high for the age of the phone.
    08-21-22 11:32 AM
    This depends are where you are, in the US the phone will have very limited connections. Ask your carrier first if 1 they support it and two if so for how long. 100 bucks seems high for the age of the phone.
    Seen several for $750 on Amazon. Probably boxed etc, but still...
    08-21-22 02:05 PM
    Seen several for $750 on Amazon. Probably boxed etc, but still...
    About two years ago, I bought Passport SE, Classic and Playbook for $100 and PRIV for just $40 so with two years age, the shutdown of BB10 on BlackBerry side and 3G shutdown, I'm not sure how much usability is left beyond wifi only device. A Titan OG is more usable so anything over $100 USD for a Passport SE doesn't make very much sense.
    08-21-22 02:49 PM
    About two years ago, I bought Passport SE, Classic and Playbook for $100 and PRIV for just $40 so with two years age, the shutdown of BB10 on BlackBerry side and 3G shutdown, I'm not sure how much usability is left beyond wifi only device. A Titan OG is more usable so anything over $100 USD for a Passport SE doesn't make very much sense.
    But if you have the option if you don't like it of turning around and selling it for a $650 profit spending $100 can look like a good idea.
    08-21-22 03:11 PM
    But if you have the option if you don't like it of turning around and selling it for a $650 profit spending $100 can look like a good idea.
    People are listing for $750 but I don't think anyone is selling for $750 but if you think you can arbitrage, go for it...
    08-21-22 03:15 PM
    People are listing for $750 but I don't think anyone is selling for $750 but if you think you can arbitrage, go for it...
    Yeah, and are people actually paying $750 for it. But if he can pass it on for more than he paid that would take some the risk off.

Here in the GWN I've got SIM cards in both my Passport and Key2. Both work fine; typing and navigating are better on the Passport but the K2 opens some webpages the PP can't. Hard to say which is better. A Titan will have a more up to date OS and that might matter to some.
    08-21-22 03:38 PM
    I live in Sweden. And he told me its unlocked. So iguess it will work
    08-21-22 04:27 PM
    With titan. Do u mean the uniherz? If so. Those are **** ugly. And don't want ugly phones. I have my classic and I like the bb10. And what do you mean 3G is shut down? Do you mean they don't work on 3G network? In Sweden all phones that I know can run 2g, 3g, 4g and 5g on the 5G phoneS
    08-21-22 04:36 PM
    But do people really pay those kind of mone for it? I saw on ebay that they went for like 500$ but like I said do people really pay that much.
    08-21-22 04:38 PM
    But do people really pay those kind of mone for it? I saw on ebay that they went for like 500$ but like I said do people really pay that much.
    I wonder too. But eBay works on an offer/counter-offer basis so a seller might set an initial high price so that the counter-offer would be higher.

The $750 prices I saw were on Amazon, though. I don't think Amazon uses a haggling model so if a seller asks $750, that's what he wants to get. So I think if people are selling for that much, it means people are paying that much.

If you get that SE hope it works out. Its a beauty of a phone.
    08-21-22 05:51 PM
    Hey, look at it this way. It could be used to take down a Gripen if thrown hard enough
    mikael11 and parryberry like this.
    08-21-22 06:55 PM
    With titan. Do u mean the uniherz? If so. Those are **** ugly. And don't want ugly phones. I have my classic and I like the bb10. And what do you mean 3G is shut down? Do you mean they don't work on 3G network? In Sweden all phones that I know can run 2g, 3g, 4g and 5g on the 5G phoneS
    I live in Sweden too. 3g is already going down in the USA and it will here too but I think we still have som years to go. It's a 4 g phone and in the USA dependent on 3 g to talk and for sms as it won't comply to their Volte implementation. I'm not sure how it'll be here, if we have the same implementation, an older, back compability...? We'll see, we might be lucky and able to use it many years from now!
    Last edited by mikael11; 08-22-22 at 12:09 AM.
    08-21-22 11:26 PM
    I live in Sweden too. 3g is already going down in the USA and it will here too but I think we still have som years to go. It's a 4 g phone and in the USA dependent on 3 g to talk and for sms as it won't comply to their Volte implementation. I'm not sure how it'll be here, if we have the same implementation, an older, back compability...? We'll see, we might be lucky and able to use it many years from now!
    I think we will have 3g for years. The same we did with 2g. Other countries have shut down 2g. Here we still have it and no one uses it.
    08-22-22 03:43 AM
    I wonder too. But eBay works on an offer/counter-offer basis so a seller might set an initial high price so that the counter-offer would be higher.

The $750 prices I saw were on Amazon, though. I don't think Amazon uses a haggling model so if a seller asks $750, that's what he wants to get. So I think if people are selling for that much, it means people are paying that much.

If you get that SE hope it works out. Its a beauty of a phone.
    He told me it works. And he is going to send the phone to me and if I'm happy ill pay him. If not. I'll just send the phone back to him. So there is only win win for me.
    08-22-22 03:47 AM
    I think we will have 3g for years. The same we did with 2g. Other countries have shut down 2g. Here we still have it and no one uses it.
    The information I've seen says 3G until 2023 and 2G until the end of 2025. AFAIK 2G is used for several other things than common telephony.
    08-22-22 05:01 AM
    I live in Sweden. And he told me its unlocked. So iguess it will work
    the other issue is if they wiped the phone when it is restarted it will not go through the Blackberry screens it might fail then you have a brick.
    08-22-22 08:56 AM
    the other issue is if they wiped the phone when it is restarted it will not go through the Blackberry screens it might fail then you have a brick.
    How do you wipe a phone while you are restarting it?
    08-22-22 12:38 PM
    My theory is the comma button on his keyboard isn't working.
    08-22-22 12:43 PM
    My theory is the comma button on his keyboard isn't working.
    What????
    08-22-22 01:04 PM
    When a phone is sold it has a security wipe done to bring it back to factory, when it goes through the process it will stop when it needs to talk to the BB server.
    08-22-22 01:11 PM
    When a phone is sold it has a security wipe done to bring it back to factory, when it goes through the process it will stop when it needs to talk to the BB server.
    I guess it's just to run an autoloader and if stuck on network page, do the screenreader trick, described elsewhere
    08-22-22 01:27 PM
    I guess it's just to run an autoloader and if stuck on network page, do the screenreader trick, described elsewhere
    Yeah doing a security wipe was always a painful and unpredictable process.... but even it it got stuck, you used an Autoloader and all should be good.... then following the screen reader solution. But that doesn't always work the first time, so if it doesn't.... keep trying.

My biggest issue with BB10 at this point, is it's rather limiting on what you can do and access. Really more a companion device at this point. But it's rare so 100$ isn't a bad price if your interested in it as a legacy device from another time.
    mikael11 likes this.
    08-22-22 02:29 PM
    Hey, look at it this way. It could be used to take down a Gripen if thrown hard enough
    Ukraine could use something that will take down a fighter plane ������
    08-22-22 03:30 PM
    Ukraine could use something that will take down a fighter plane ������
    Just had a recent post about a Gripen in the NATO thread...
    08-22-22 04:07 PM
28 12