So ... here it is. Yet another thread pleading, begging and screaming for BlackBerry Android to be loaded onto the Passport SE model.

Yet ... there is some method here. I'm quite sure all of you recall at least 2 leaks of the Passport SE edition leaked before launch in early August 2015 that showed BlackBerry toying with Android on early releases. One leak in particular, found by Nicola D'Amico (@WhiteSharkIT) show us all SPECIFICALLY BlackBerry APK's for all Android software to soon be seen in the Priv.

This ... leads me to pontificate the following ...

First off is the chipset of the BlackBerry Priv.
    - Sure BlackBerry learned a lot from Samsung with regards to using a SHIM to enable a secure boot, more on this in "Key Security in BlackBerry Priv" below.
    - Always on Full Disk Encryption (BB10 can have this enabled with BES, I'm unsure if enabled by default)
    - The secure boot process ensures that only a BlackBerry signed OS can be loaded on PRIV and that it hasnt been tampered

source

Key Security in BlackBerry Priv:
    Primary boot loader: The primary boot loader is part of the CPU and is write-protected. It validates the BlackBerry
    security shim using a key that's provisioned during processor manufacturing (using RSA-2048
    with SHA-256). PRIV locks the boot media and locks the primary boot loader to load only the
    BlackBerry security shim.

BlackBerry security SHIM: The BlackBerry security shim resides between the primary and secondary boot loaders. It
    verifies the cryptographic signature on the secondary boot loader (using ECC-521 and
    SHA-512) and enforces downgrade prevention. Its located in the primary boot partition of the
    eMMC and is write-protected.

Secondary boot loader: The secondary boot loader is a vendor-supplied component that consists of a hardware device
    image residing in the CPU internal memory. The secondary boot loader is loaded into the CPU
    internal memory locations and executes from there. The secondary boot loader validates the
    tertiary boot loader and BlackBerry Secure Compound using RSA-2048 with SHA-256. There
    are two signed copies of the secondary boot loader image:

• A main image is stored in the user partition and is used during the normal boot process; its not write-protected and can be updated.
    • A backup image is stored in the boot partition and is write-protected

Chipset: What we know at least ...

Priv:
    Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808
    Dual-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A57 & quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53
    20 nm
    Adreno 418
    32 GB Storage, 3 GB RAM
    eMMC 5.0
    LPDDR3 933MHz dual-channel
    ^ https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/801

Passport SE:
    Qualcomm MSM8974AA Snapdragon 801
    Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400
    28 nm
    Adreno 330
    32 GB Storage, 3 GB RAM
    eMMC 5.0
    LPDDR3 933MHz dual-channel
    ^ https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/808

* Anyone notice that the storage types and speed is the same on BOTH devies, as well as the channels?

now ... before we ALL get into a big war about Chipsets are major difference by web engineers, lol, or so called experts of BlackBerry (especially those that have never experienced supporting nor used BES other than looking at pictures), or anything crazy ... take note: Blackberry DID in fact toy with Android on the Passport ... they DID load it.

The argument is NOT IS IT POSSIBLE to get it on 'MY' or 'YOUR' Passport ... that is BlackBerry and the mad scientist BBLeaks and freaks going deep deep deep underground to make that happen. The argument is it IS Possible and hopefully the pressure to have BlackBerry MAKE this doable. 7 months is a VERY LONG TIME to go without a major OS update/patch from initial launch with a 1 year warranty by BlackBerry (August 2015 launch of Passport to March 2016). This is potentially the WORST smack in the fast to owners that paid FULL RETAIL for a quality product. Even more insulting should BB go Android with it's success and those owners - me to be one of them BB10/Android be missing out JUST because of some policy of upgrade your hardware when the current hardware IS capable more than capable.

PRIV-by-BlackBerry-latest-Security-Guide-en.pdfBlackBerry Passport SE - BB Android (Potentially Possible ?)-passport-se-android-2-615x346.pngBlackBerry Passport SE - BB Android (Potentially Possible ?)-blackberry.passport.se-android.jpgBlackBerry Passport SE - BB Android (Potentially Possible ?)-bb_passport-android-lollipop.png

@JohnChen
    @EVleaks
    #BlackBerryPassport
    #Passport
    #BBPassportSE
    #BBPassport
    Last edited by Supa_Fly1; 11-20-15 at 10:56 PM. Reason: I want this to happen!
    11-20-15 10:52 PM
    While it would be nice to have the option, it won't happen

Posted from my Passport
    11-20-15 11:25 PM
    Let's see the possibility on business point-of-view. What BlackBerry will gain if they'll do that?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 11:44 PM
    Thanks for the possibilities. It's interesting and let's hope Blackberry changes their minds and does bring android to the passport. It would help with some goodwill that they desperately need but they don't necessarily recognize.
    11-20-15 11:52 PM
    Let's see the possibility on business point-of-view. What BlackBerry will gain if they'll do that?

Posted via CB10
    From which perspective BlackBerry or clients?

BlackBerry more sales and future repatriation sales and service support contracts from loyal customers.

Clients will have more continued faith in BlackBerry support since in-fleet devices have longer life span and thus more speed for services to BlackBerry. That's just a start.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 07:59 AM