So this is my problem which Blackberry help via Twitter was useless. I have a passport se I bought directly from Blackberry. Phone has been fine. Lately after the alarm goes off, I turn off the alarm and unplug the phone from the factory supplied charger. There are no apps running, the upper right of the phone gets hot and the battery % starts dropping fast. If I reboot the phone it seems to stabilize but that doesn't seem like a reasonable fix. I mean if I have to I will but has anyone had this problem as well?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 03:53 PM
    So that happens each time you disable the alarm? Have you tried a different order of unplugging / disabling the alarm as a workaround?
    Did you install the latest available updates?
    You might check the cause for battery drop via System Monitor - Battery and CPU stats... which app was consuming them in the related timeframe?

Regards,
    Christian
    07-20-17 04:00 PM
    Thanks I'll try your suggestions. I do have all of the latest updates installed.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 07:16 PM
    Do you have android apps installed on your Passport? I would run the virtual expert to see if it picks up any issues with any apps. Some android apps can cause issues on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 08:22 PM
    I did have some android apps and it turned out aptoid was the problem. Looked at device manager this morning and it was consuming 65%! That was quickly uninstalled and everything is working ok. I don't need aptoid I was just playing around with it so no loss there anyway. Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 11:58 AM
    Good to know.
    07-23-17 03:52 PM
    I did have some android apps and it turned out aptoid was the problem. Looked at device manager this morning and it was consuming 65%! That was quickly uninstalled and everything is working ok. I don't need aptoid I was just playing around with it so no loss there anyway. Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    Just keep Android app use to a minimum. Make sure any installed cannot run in background.

I use a few android (aircanada, United Airlines, HIE) and keep them under control. No problems.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    07-23-17 06:05 PM