Hi all. I've had my Passport Silver Edition for a year and a half now, and unfortunately it fell out of my pocket yesterday and the screen is completely shattered. The touchscreen still works, but it's very difficult to see most of the letters. I've been looking up the best methods of replacing the screen myself, as blackberry costs $35 just for the support of their technical team, and frankly, I'd rather do it myself. I love my passport and wish it to come back to life. One of the microphones doesn't work either, so that would be needing to be replaced, although I don't know which. I've found the right parts for the screen on etradesupply, but I cannot find any microphone parts. If this helps, the microphone which doesn't work is the one without turning on speaker mode during a call. When the speaker mode is on, the other party can hear me fine. Would anyone recommend salvaging the phone or should I be looking towards replacement? Was going to look at the KeyOne, but they're not in stock. Can anyone direct me towards the correct microphone I would need and screen? I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help in advance
    06-05-17 04:24 PM
    Can't help you with the mic, but suggest since you are cracking into it, replace the battery if it's more than a year old.
    06-05-17 11:53 PM