I recently was doing a project for our Company so I managed to finish everything and though I copied my work to my phone storage so as to present it to my bosses the next day at work. Woke up confidently went to work prepared for the presentation. Reached work connected my passport to my pals laptop to access my files which I had copied. Shock on me nothing was there.. I almost fainted didn't know what to do.
    I knew my job was over :'( ..
    I could go back home cause of the distance and traffic.
    I launched the file manager app just wishing for my files to magically pop up. As I was scrolling I hit the left pane where it list your device storage SD card and all.. suddenly I saw my computer name listed on the list. I wondered okay what is this.
    I selected the option and it started loading.... waiting around 1 min my passport displayed my files on my desktop I was like okay what's happening. I selected one folder and it brought me the contents. Without wasting any time I navigated to my folder where I had saved my work and my files appeared. Selected the whole folder copied it and copied it to my device and it started coping.
    I couldn't believe it.!!! Confidently all my worries were over and I presented my project happily.
    BlackBerry Passport saved my life!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 01:00 AM
    Brilliant. I do miss blend and rfa. Lucky I am now used to putting things in my one drive folder.
    jaydee5799 and Carjackd like this.
    04-19-16 01:10 AM
    Brilliant. I do miss blend and rfa. Lucky I am now used to putting things in my one drive folder.
    True true one drive saves all of us. Why did you shift though?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 01:19 AM
    Good for you!
    I always do this when I'm out of the office leaving my work PC ON but monitor off so I can access my files anytime anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    sefreak likes this.
    04-19-16 03:41 AM
    Brilliant write up indeed by OP. My Passport makes my day every day.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    04-19-16 06:03 AM
    Sorry, but what is rfa?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 07:08 AM
    Sorry, but what is rfa?

Posted via CB10
    Remote file access. It's a great feature with BB10 OS. You can remotely access files on a computer you have BlackBerry link and your phone set. In BlackBerry link you decide what folders you want to give your phone access to. You can access anywhere in the world as long as that computer is turned on.

I use it as my personal cloud storage.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 07:29 AM
    Holy sh1t that was awesome!!! I never knew you can access from a different location...I only use it at home. Thank you for sharing the idea!!!

Mia San Mia!
    04-19-16 09:26 AM
    One of my favorite features. I also use western digital my cloud ex2. All the software works great and the Droid app works perfect on the BB10. It's a great personal cloud too.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    04-19-16 11:23 AM
    This is one of the features I love most
    04-19-16 12:39 PM
    Good for you!
    I always do this when I'm out of the office leaving my work PC ON but monitor off so I can access my files anytime anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome BB10 is truly amazing I don't think I've seen another os with this feature

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    04-19-16 02:10 PM
    Brilliant write up indeed by OP. My Passport makes my day every day.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    Thanks IndianTiwari.. PP all day anyday.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 02:11 PM
    Holy sh1t that was awesome!!! I never knew you can access from a different location...I only use it at home. Thank you for sharing the idea!!!

Mia San Mia!
    You should try it sometime btw.. you can even stream media like movies and music from different location as long you have a good Internet connection to avoid buffering.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 02:13 PM
    What exactly is the reason BLEND has not come to the PRIV? I am still trying to jigger in some FTP server thing so far not up. Why not?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-19-16 02:23 PM
    Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 02:52 PM
    Another great Feature of BB10 Remote File Access plus Blend
    04-19-16 03:57 PM
    I've been advised to use an FTP server but I have been unsuccessful in setting that up so far. I miss the blend applications terribly from my passport now that I'm using the priv. I wish Blackberry would make that available.
    04-19-16 04:01 PM
    File manager when out and about is so good. I have 1000s of files on my PC that I don't need on my phone but always have access to on my phone it'd brilliant!

Posted via CB10
    shakur_steve likes this.
    04-19-16 05:19 PM
    I am jealous of all you guys getting RFA. I've been trying for months and doesn't work with macbook air. The BlackBerry link doesn't download either. BlackBerry must not work with oSX Crap

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 06:17 PM
    I recently was doing a project for our Company so I managed to finish everything and though I copied my work to my phone storage so as to present it to my bosses the next day at work. Woke up confidently went to work prepared for the presentation. Reached work connected my passport to my pals laptop to access my files which I had copied. Shock on me nothing was there.. I almost fainted didn't know what to do.
    I launched the file manager app just wishing for my files to magically pop up. As I was scrolling I hit the left pane where it list your device storage SD card and all.. suddenly I saw my computer name listed on the list. I wondered okay what is this.
    I selected the option and it started loading.... waiting around 1 min my passport displayed my files on my desktop I was like okay what's happening. I selected one folder and it brought me the contents. Without wasting any time I navigated to my folder where I had saved my work and my files appeared. Selected the whole folder copied it and copied it to my device and it started coping.
    I couldn't believe it.!!! Confidently all my worries were over and I presented my project happily.

Posted via CB10
    I had the same thing years ago, files gone, than poof restored and the world was saved for another day!

You get a double Woof!
    04-19-16 06:21 PM
    Cool story!
    04-19-16 06:48 PM
    Make a new thread when it matches the EVO 3D.
    04-19-16 08:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is one of the best baked in features of bb10. I'm hoping be can add a few things like this to make the Priv better
    04-20-16 08:33 PM
    I am jealous of all you guys getting RFA. I've been trying for months and doesn't work with macbook air. The BlackBerry link doesn't download either. BlackBerry must not work with oSX Crap

Posted via CB10

Hello,

I'm a Mac user and it should work, if you use Little Snitch allow all your permissions for the Blend.
    04-20-16 11:30 PM
    Hi, is little snitch an app from the store?? Sorry for my stupidity. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 02:34 AM
29 12