I'm surprised how fast and smooth it is, wow.
    10-24-14 11:52 PM
    why didn't he just connect the mouse to the device? :s no need for the usb dongle..
    i connect my iMac keyboard and mouse to my Z30 all the time
    10-25-14 09:48 AM
    Can you tell us how you did that in 5 minutes what programs and steps?
    10-25-14 09:49 AM
    I use Teamviewer (download through Amazon) on my Z10 and it runs fine.

I wish I could find a good one that would let me remote access like it does that works well on my Playbook (and that I can install on several machines that I have to babysit) - suggestions? Teamviewer is limited by the android runtime - and it didn't like 2.3 (which is what PB has on it)

To the above who asked about the "5 minutes" part - actually it's more like about 10 for the entire set up the first time you do it.

On Teamviewer, you have to download it for both your PC and your mobile device - each gets one. For non-commercial use it's free - make very sure you tell it that - they are tricky about how they ask it - and start it up - it will have a number and a password that you put into the phone version to be able to vpn into your PC.

Get the phone version started - then run it, and enter the number and code for the PC, and it will then give you a couple of splash screens explaining controls - and you should then be in your PC from your phone.

BlackBerry Passport Running Windows 7? [YouTube Video]-blackberry-running-teamviewer.jpg
    Last edited by Paisley Pirate; 10-25-14 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added picture of Z10 and my desktop together
    CFJSS and Cortizo5 like this.
    10-25-14 10:07 AM
    Thanks for information reguarding teamviewer

I will try it out and see
    10-25-14 11:44 AM
    Wow. Now that's pretty cool!

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-25-14 11:57 AM
    Teamviewer is definitely the easiest route. They even have a no-installation .exe that you can send to a user, they double click it, opens up and gives them a computer ID and passcode, they give to you and you're in. Even sets up a temporary tunnel for file transfers.

Worked very well on the Z30, but last time I tried on the Passport it had issues with the screen aspect ratio and it seemed to drop the connection periodically. I tried the zoom out trick but it persisted. Granted I trying to access a machine in El Salvador with a flaky connection.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:37 PM
    Remote desktop or not this is still really cool.
    10-25-14 01:08 PM
    For anyone who is curious on why this is a hoax, Windows 7 was compiled for the x86 ISA (CISC), not ARM ISA (RISC). In layman's terms, the software is fundamentally incapable of communicating with the hardware on the Blackberry Passport.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    10-25-14 01:57 PM
    This Teamviewe arpp is awesome. Installed on Windows 8 and using it to control video etc from my Passport from bedside. So lazy!
    10-25-14 05:31 PM
    It says right in the video description "It is done by a citrix receiver." though yes the video title is VERY misleading.
    Gatmyer likes this.
    10-25-14 07:33 PM
    It says right in the video description "It is done by a citrix receiver." though yes the video title is VERY misleading.
    Was about to post the same thing. Read people!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:40 PM
    Well at least I'm sure he's not using the native version. It isn't available for the Passport and even if you install the .bar file manually it doesn't scale properly.
    I haven't been able to log in either, but I may have made a mistake in the domain settings. :/

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    10-25-14 07:58 PM
    You mean dos 6.x, not windows 95.

Posted via CB10
    No he means windows 95

In the app 'dosbox', you can install windows if you have the install files available.

I did it on my PlayBook, quite sure it would work the passport as well

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and BCITMike like this.
    10-25-14 08:01 PM
    No he means windows 95

In the app 'dosbox', you can install windows if you have the install files available.

I did it on my PlayBook, quite sure it would work the passport as well

Posted via CB10
    I stand corrected.
    diegonei and scorepion like this.
    10-26-14 01:23 AM
    i know this is remote desktop (splashtop, Remote Desktop for BlackBerry - RDP - BlackBerry World or etc)

But seeing this at 0:45 makes me miss BBOS themes so much
    10-26-14 11:34 AM
    You mean dos 6.x, not windows 95.
    Well you can run Windows 95/98 on top of DOS.
    I was doing it on phones 5 years ago so you can definitely do it now
    10-26-14 12:45 PM
42 12