I am giving the square BlackBerry Passport a second try. I had returned my first BB PP because I have very low reception and my job depends on me being connected. I thought it was just a defect on the PP that I had. I have been googling this issue and now know it's an issue for some BB PPs. I have ordered my second one and I am hoping this one does not have the issue. If it does, I want to know if there is a repair for this? If so, where can I send it? Can I send it to BlackBerry to replace whatever part (antenna? sim card slot?) is causing this? I really want this device to work for me.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

~paula
    11-16-15 02:01 PM
    Hi Paula,

The only times I get very low reception, when I'm somewhere where I should get excellent reception, is when I change country (eg fly from UK to Italy). I've found that a re-boot fixes this issue - no idea why, but it seems to work!

Hope this helps.
    11-16-15 02:20 PM
    Hi PaulJava,
    I have both 4 OG and 2 SE Passport in our family household. The SE seems to get better reception than the OG for some reason. But I did load the 10.3.2.2789 OS on the OG and it helped have better reception (best OS so far for the Passport IMHO). The SE on the same OS is still slightly better (almost as good as my Classic). So it is worth auto loading that OS the minute you get it before setting up your phone, as it will be worth it.

Hope this helps.
    Rick

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 02:29 PM
    I am giving the square BlackBerry Passport a second try. I had returned my first BB PP because I have very low reception and my job depends on me being connected. I thought it was just a defect on the PP that I had. I have been googling this issue and now know it's an issue for some BB PPs. I have ordered my second one and I am hoping this one does not have the issue. If it does, I want to know if there is a repair for this? If so, where can I send it? Can I send it to BlackBerry to replace whatever part (antenna? sim card slot?) is causing this? I really want this device to work for me.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

~paula
    It actually depends on your carrier and what bands or frequencies they use.
    Also the original Passport software was never set to work on one specific network. But instead multiple networks or carriers. Sergio they did their best to make it work across the board, but out still won't work as good as a carrier specific phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 07:08 PM
    My Passport had excellent reception for about 10 months that I owned it, but now it gets a terrible/missing signal nearly everywhere while the same SIM in the Samsung Galaxy Core that work provides gets excellent LTE/4G coverage. I've tried multiple radios and OS so I think this is a hardware issue. I'm planning to disassemble it and inspect for loose solder joints around radio and antenna components.

Wish me luck!
    11-23-15 11:30 AM