The Verge is idiotic, how is it not relevant today? The software is clumsy? There's drinking kool-aid and then there's being ignorant and intentionally stupid.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:43 PM
    I also have at&t, i was at work today and unable to listen in, do you know when it will be available in the US on our network for a contract price?
    09-24-14 12:48 PM
    The Verge is idiotic, how is it not relevant today? The software is clumsy? There's drinking kool-aid and then there's being ignorant and intentionally stupid.

Posted via CB10
    It might have to do with their poll that showed more people waiting for the Passport than any other phone. (that was the Verge right?)

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:51 PM
    In South Africa, the passport is getting great reviews "Monster Battery" "Enough PPI to have some left over"

Many people are very keen to try out this "touch sensitive keyboard"

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    09-24-14 12:52 PM
    It may sound crass however none of these outlets who have given the device lukewarm reviews mentioned some of it's positive features.

Also a side note, most of these outlets usually are very supportive of iPhone, however all of them failed to mention that the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6plus bends if you place it in your pocket. The recommendation issued today is not to put into your pocket... go figure LOL
    All but the verge have mentioned it
    09-24-14 01:00 PM
    It might have to do with their poll that showed more people waiting for the Passport than any other phone. (that was the Verge right?)

Posted via CB10
    you mean the poll that was rendered useless by the BlackBerry defense force?
    09-24-14 01:01 PM
    I found it amusing how one handed use ceased to be an issue when reviews of iPhone 6+ were done.

Posted via CB10
    The Notes and other huge phones don't get panned for size anymore
    09-24-14 01:02 PM
    Have these guys held an iPhone 6 Plus? That thing is begging to be dropped. It's huge and actually made from slippery aluminum.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:04 PM
    Not surprising to see these reviews - I doubt they would be particularly positive under any circumstances, regardless of the device's actual quality.

There's this bandwagon, that most folks just love to jump on.

I'll buy one in due course and make up my own mind.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:08 PM
    I would love to see blazes defence of dan cseiferts of the verge terrible passport review that is loaded with just straight up inaccuracies about the OS in general.

Hes not a good guy.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:12 PM
    And here's arstechnica "Whatever the Passport does well, the inescapable fact is that it's still a BlackBerry 10 handset. While the platform does certain things well and has its die-hard adherents, it's miles behind iOS, Android, or Windows Phone in terms of hardware selection and app ecosystem. Does that make the Passport a bad phone? Not necessarily. Does it render it mostly irrelevant right out of the gate? Yeah, probably".
    MazoMark likes this.
    09-24-14 01:16 PM
    So if the reviews are positive mean they are honest while if the reviews are negative they are biased. Is that right? Actually, I think the Verge is the good one, it is true phones are supposed to be held with one hand not two.
    Says the guy who has nothing positive to say about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:32 PM
    And here's arstechnica "Whatever the Passport does well, the inescapable fact is that it's still a BlackBerry 10 handset. While the platform does certain things well and has its die-hard adherents, it's miles behind iOS, Android, or Windows Phone in terms of hardware selection and app ecosystem. Does that make the Passport a bad phone? Not necessarily. Does it render it mostly irrelevant right out of the gate? Yeah, probably".
    Wtf is hardware selection? Accessories? Also when did windows phone become that popular?
    Finally what's with you and BlackBerry hate X,'D

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    09-24-14 01:52 PM
    Wtf is hardware selection? Accessories? Also when did windows phone become that popular?
    Finally what's with you and BlackBerry hate X,'D

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    As in hardware selection and number of apps available for it
    09-24-14 02:15 PM
    I find the Verge review extremely laughable as they continue to show their ignorance and baffonary! To say that BB10 is unintuitive and hard to use or get used to is absolute nonsense and downright absurd!!! And they also claimed that its hard to manage hub and sometimes don't want all messages their, do they realize you can go into each category separately!! No mention of battery life!? Thought that was important. This brings into question that they actually use the phone for more than a day! Seriously pathetic.
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    09-24-14 02:21 PM
    I find the Verge review extremely laughable as they continue to show their ignorance and baffonary! To say that BB10 is unintuitive and hard to use or get used to is absolute nonsense and downright absurd!!! And they also claimed that its hard to manage hub and sometimes don't want all messages their, do they realize you can go into each category separately!! No mention of battery life!? Thought that was important. This brings into question that they actually use the phone for more than a day! Seriously pathetic.
    It's BlackBerry's fault,they should have made a phone that bends lol.

Posted via CB10
    nbaliga and The Big Picture like this.
    09-24-14 02:34 PM
    I think the reviews we're seeing was to be expected, no?
    09-24-14 02:42 PM
    Even iPK (iPhoneKevin) gave it a lukewarm review, so I wouldn't expect many raving reviews today.
    If this becomes an Executive symbol, then you'll see some attitudes shift over time.
    southlander likes this.
    09-24-14 02:43 PM
    Oh you guys. The verge looks at things like normal people do. If you think normal people want a passport your crazy. BB faithful who are still using bb7 and newer bb10 keyboard devices yes but normal people have moved to touch screen typing and this device is just weird for the mainstream. I haven't held this our used it but people who pound out emails and such as my bosses would love this. People who just im and do normal Android and iPhone things wouldn't go for this. They just wouldn't. BB said there going for enterprise and this is killer for that.
    chalx likes this.
    09-24-14 03:09 PM
    the more interesting review that i have seen that far is CNET's one

I think the guy really shows what's good and put the phone in situation (like one hand writing while others criticise but write with the phone on the table...).
    If i hadn't bought it yet this guy would have made me buy it! and he's right insisting on the fact it's not a phone for everyone.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-24-14 04:01 PM
    as opposed to the unbiased opinions of BlackBerry fans on the passport?Personally I thought the review was pretty fair, and representive of the views of the people on the street. They are simply stating the emperor is wearing no clothes. Only on a BB fan site will you see people say this device looks great. You will see this in the comments of people already about this device - don't mistake the looks you get when you pull out a passport for envy
    Verge = Apple fanboys that r paid by Apple
    09-24-14 04:34 PM
    as opposed to the unbiased opinions of BlackBerry fans on the passport?Personally I thought the review was pretty fair, and representive of the views of the people on the street. They are simply stating the emperor is wearing no clothes. Only on a BB fan site will you see people say this device looks great. You will see this in the comments of people already about this device - don't mistake the looks you get when you pull out a passport for envy
    That's only because people haven't been indoctrinated to desire the practical things that would benefit them the most. A shame for society, but not something BlackBerry can fix.
    09-24-14 05:20 PM
    I agree that the reviews are surprisingly shallow. Oh wow, it's square and big. Really? You could have just posted a picture of the device next to a U.S. quarter and equally effectively made the thesis of your 'review'.

The problem here is that the size and shape are exactly the two things that most prospective buyers will be hesitant about. If the first few lines of the article resonate with those fears/hesitation, it's very likely that it will prematurely cement their pre-conceived conclusion that 'the device is too big for me'. I guess the only way to combat this is by having demo units in stores.
    spike12 likes this.
    09-24-14 05:25 PM
    I'm not so sure tbh. What would benefit them most? Sure, the ability to read a mail without scanning backwards and forwards is practical, but far more practical is the ability to pick the damn thing up and just start using it. Some people don't want a phone with a high learning curve, and comments on people's intelligence won't change the fact that if it is too complicated, they will chose a simpler design and go elsewhere. Lets be honest, no one could say bb10 is straight forward, and this new keyboard only adds to the complications in use from what I can see of it.

I think people will want a phone they can pick up and use. I think they will probably want to watch media on it without unsightly black bars, and use apps from google's ecosystem. I don't think they want a phone that can't be used one handed, and I'm pretty sure no one wants a phone that is far too easy to drop. That's quite an indoctrination programme required there I'd say.

Lets just say i'm looking with hope and anticipation at the Classic release.

That's only because people haven't been indoctrinated to desire the practical things that would benefit them the most. A shame for society, but not something BlackBerry can fix.
    MazoMark likes this.
    09-24-14 05:38 PM
    These reviewers make me so angry!

How are you going to complain about not being able to type with 1 hand? Every single qwerty keyboard phone ever has required two hands to type with?

Complain about black boxes around widescreen videos. What do you expect it's a square screen?

Complain about not being as fast at typing on this vs. touchscreen. What do you expect, to be a speed typist on a qwerty phone after using it for a few days versus using your touchscreen phone for the last 4 years?

Complain that OS is "hard to learn." Yeah that's because for the last 5 years you've been using iOS or Android. It's not that BB10 is hard to learn, it's that your minds have just been programed to try and use iOS and Android gestures on BB10.

Good grief!
    09-24-14 05:48 PM
162 1234 ...