09-24-14 09:55 AM
    the reviews have actually been very positive an unbiased, except the verge though, they have a grudge against BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 09:59 AM
    The verge review is full of crap, I fully expected them to knock everything and they didn't disappoint.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:01 AM
    I definitely liked it:
    BlackBerry Passport Review - tbreak.ae
    Pulkist likes this.
    09-24-14 10:52 AM
    Verge = Apple fanboys that r paid by Apple
    Jahcure and D3C0D3R like this.
    09-24-14 11:22 AM
    Wall Street Journal wasn't a very flattering review either.

Posted via CB from my Z10
    09-24-14 11:26 AM
    Main disappointment in the reviews that I saw mentioned the device lags at times, especially multi-tasking and that the camera still takes seconds to load. I see this on my Q10, was hoping it would be improved, Either way I have one coming, so will see for myself.
    09-24-14 11:28 AM
    Steve Jobs himself said "no phone is perfect." This is another step in the evolution of mobile devices. And at least it is a step: it's different. Some will appreciate that; some won't. It would be nice though if everyone at least gave it a chance. (Not to mention, it's in all consumers best interest to foster healthy competition.) Right now I use mainly Passport and still sometimes Z30, each is a good device and has its pros and cons. The size is fine, the keyboard is handy, but mostly I like the display and the loud speaker (I listen to audiobooks in my vehicle, which doesn't have bluetooth, so I just put the phone in the visor). Everyone has to find the device that is right for them; I hope we see people consider the Passport, and I hope that we see BlackBerry and other manufacturers continue to innovate.
    09-24-14 11:28 AM
    Wall Street Journal wasn't a very flattering review either.
    No, but I give her credit for pointing out that the Passport screen is the exact size of a slice of American cheese.
    q649, howarmat, grover5 and 11 others like this.
    09-24-14 11:31 AM
    It's a phone aimed at business. Many reviews expect flash and bang or entertainment.

Sort of like reviewing a truck and saying its crappy on the race track.
    menshawy, jpvj, tim11 and 2 others like this.
    09-24-14 11:32 AM
    Verge and Gizmodo are both weak sauce. Reviewers are idiots.

WSJ's major complaints are size and the tired apps. Mostly stating the obvious.
    If someone is thinking to buy a 6 inch phone, putting out reviews stating it's very big, or too big for the reviewer's taste, is kind of pointless.
    The WSJ pic was nice though.
    miketko likes this.
    09-24-14 11:34 AM
    09-24-14 11:36 AM
    The Verge said the keyboard wasn't good? Or wasn't innovative. Really?

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-24-14 11:38 AM
    I agree the reviews have been lukewarm. It is what I expected because most of the reviewers are Apple or Android fans and cannot see past those products. Even articles before today, all start with a negative slant just by the mention of the word Blackberry. I always say Apple can make iPoop and Walt Mossberg, Joanna Stern and the rest will tell you how great it is...
    lang007 and homer1475 like this.
    09-24-14 11:55 AM
    The Verge said the keyboard wasn't good? Or wasn't innovative. Really?

Posted via CB10
    I do agree with the Verge regarding the keyboard. It doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't just make the device a little bit bigger and add a fourth row. Unique keyboard layouts is something that I can't ever seem to get used to. I really wanted to like the Passport but I think I'll wait for the Classic.
    09-24-14 11:56 AM
    What can we say....We like what we like. I can not wait until it hits AT&T I will be getting this phone
    homer1475 likes this.
    09-24-14 11:56 AM
    Why do I see all these reviews where they knock blackberry all the way down. Biased. But I did like technobuffalo. Review

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:57 AM
    This is, as we all know, a polarizing design. We have to expect mixed reviews. Some of the criticisms made in the reviews are more about the state of the ecosystem than about the Passport proper, and those criticisms are fair. The heat is definitely on for BlackBerry to keep up the pace of OS enhancement, and to keep trying to turn the app situation around. That, of course, won't be easy.

But I think this might be a case where the reviewers will be surprised by the real experience of real users. Reviewers were lukewarm about the original Samsung Note too -- another polarizing design, at the time. Stern, in the WSJ review, quipped that she was so fast with her Curve but the only thing the Passport offers is a learning curve. Okay, nice play on words; well done. But a learning curve is the price of innovation. The entire BB10 OS presents a learning curve, but a lot of us here have found it to be well worth it. To her credit, she concedes that making use of the predictive text speeds things up considerably. Well...the predictive text is one of BB10's outstanding features. This should be mentioned in a less grudging way.

I ordered one. For me, without having even touched a Passport yet, this design is optimized for what I mostly do with a smartphone: reading and writing. I don't think I'm the only person for whom this is true. Far from it. I suspect we're going to hear from a lot of people who are surprised at how much they like this phone.
    09-24-14 12:01 PM
    It may sound crass however none of these outlets who have given the device lukewarm reviews mentioned some of it's positive features.

Also a side note, most of these outlets usually are very supportive of iPhone, however all of them failed to mention that the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6plus bends if you place it in your pocket. The recommendation issued today is not to put into your pocket... go figure LOL
    09-24-14 12:12 PM
    I just got a chance to hold the BlackBerry Passport at a Telus outlet here in Montreal. It is more compact than I thought it would be based on the photos I have seen. It has a nice metal edge, and a soft-touch rubberised back. The screen is bright, and it's easy to navigate by swiping the keyboard or the screen. I have the Z30, so I'm already familiar with OS10 and the HUB. OS 10.3 has the "simplified" icons, which are visually appealing. It seems light given the new larger battery. I think it will be popular for both business and general usage.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    09-24-14 12:14 PM
    CNET review is not bad too. Infact I found it as a very fair review. J Stern (WSJ) and Josha Topolsky (The Verge) are well known apple worshipers.It is a known fact. I am over all happy with the fair reviews. I am looking forward to buy one when it releases in Singapore..
    Elite1 and eddy_berry like this.
    09-24-14 12:21 PM
    The reviews I've seen have been mostly ok, with the odd exception from usual suspects. Some caution about BlackBerry as a company is fair enough - they're generally saying it's pretty good, but is it enough. And we all wonder that.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:22 PM
    the reviews have actually been very positive an unbiased, except the verge though, they have a grudge against BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    So if the reviews are positive mean they are honest while if the reviews are negative they are biased. Is that right? Actually, I think the Verge is the good one, it is true phones are supposed to be held with one hand not two.
    MazoMark, Residing, Bsbudd and 1 others like this.
    09-24-14 12:26 PM
    So if the reviews are positive mean they are honest while if the reviews are negative they are biased. Is that right? Actually, I think the Verge is the good one, it is true phones are supposed to be held with one hand not two.
    Lol the passport can be held with one hand, just difficult to type one handed on it though. My z30 is hard to use one handed as well.

Now the new iPhone 6's they aren't exactly one handed phones are they especially the 6 plus. What about the Samsung Note series?? Those are absolute bricks but they are popular.

I've played with one today here in Selfridges in London UK and like the note or 6plus it's not a phone that will suit everyone. It's not meant to, but for what it is...it's an immense phone. I just feel price wise it's a bit too high but specs, the materials of the phone is spot on. Camera is bloody good too for a change.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-24-14 12:37 PM
    Lol the passport can be held with one hand, just difficult to type one handed on it though. My z30 is hard to use one handed as well.

Now the new iPhone 6's they aren't exactly one handed phones are they especially the 6 plus. What about the Samsung Note series?? Those are absolute bricks but they are popular.

I've played with one today here in Selfridges in London UK and like the note or 6plus it's not a phone that will suit everyone. It's not meant to, but for what it is...it's an immense phone. I just feel price wise it's a bit too high but specs, the materials of the phone is spot on. Camera is bloody good too for a change.

Posted via CB10
    I found it amusing how one handed use ceased to be an issue when reviews of iPhone 6+ were done.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie, Rowan M and Spawn12 like this.
    09-24-14 12:39 PM
162 123 ...