I am thinking of getting one as have tried the smartphones and just cannot get used to the keyboards, even with the keyboards you can stick on top for the Samsung s7 edge. however, the apps I do use are the uber and whats app, I know whats app is being discontinued dec 2016 but is there a solution to installing android apps on a blackberry passport and will there be a solution to when whats app goes. I currently have a Q10 as a backup and really like the whats app on it but thinking of going to the passport for the larger screen. thanks
    07-14-16 10:02 AM
    You have the Q10 so I will assume you understand the Runtime being stuck at 4.3 and the couple of hacks to gain access to Google Play and their uncertainty.

What'sApp is an unknown... we really don't know what they are going to turn off and block. It's clear that the BB10 apps probably will not work. What we don't know is if someone will be able to make the Android app work fully or not - or if WhatsApp will change the app at that point in a way that would cause it not to work at all on BB10.

If you need apps, I don't see buying any BB10 devcies.. unless you can afford to easily replace them if need be.

Maybe the ROME/MERCURY that is possible coming the first of next year will meet your needs.
    You have the Q10 so I will assume you understand the Runtime being stuck at 4.3 and the couple of hacks to gain access to Google Play and their uncertainty.

What'sApp is an unknown... we really don't know what they are going to turn off and block. It's clear that the BB10 apps probably will not work. What we don't know is if someone will be able to make the Android app work fully or not - or if WhatsApp will change the app at that point in a way that would cause it not to work at all on BB10.

If you need apps, I don't see buying any BB10 devcies.. unless you can afford to easily replace them if need be.

Maybe the ROME/MERCURY that is possible coming the first of next year will meet your needs.
    07-14-16 10:19 AM